Burger King Indy Toys and Whopper

DrHapgood

James said:
I don't think the Mine Cart and Temple Mystery have been released yet.

Anyone know when these 2 will be released? :confused:

And Burger King really nailed me on this now. I'm a vegetarian and through going to BK for the Indy toys I've discovered that BK is the only major fast food chain with a mighty tasty Veggie Burger.

I used to love just the way they made their burgers topping-wise, and now that they make it the same way Veggie-Style means I'm in love. (y)

ChromiumBlue37

EvilDevo said:
Hey Chromium, are you building a warehouse full of crates? Or what?

Exactly! Problem is is that the crates only look good from 2 sides. Wondering if they are still available. When I ask at my local BK's the person at the front counter acts dumb.

Miss_Jones

Hi all, I search this thread and also Google for information on the BK promo but I haven't seen anything about glass mugs. In Portugal they don't have the Indy Burger, but they have the 8 toys and also are giving a collection of 4 glass mugs w/Indy theme (one for each movie). :D To get a mug you buy a menu and pay extra 1.25 euro. And you can choose the mug you want! I was going to collect the toys but once I saw these babies I settled for the mugs instead. Maybe this is a European exclusive?

I have two already and plan getting the other two this weekend. When I get home tonight I'll post a pic of the two I've got.:)

indyclone25

i think the mine car will be released next monday

they usaully start their toy promos on monday and the get the new cases on sat shipments and try to finish up the last weeks toys over the weekend --- so on sunday or monday the stores should have the last two toys available --- which means that the promo for indy ends too and i hoping to snag the indy stand up s and possibly the outdoor indy hold the whip

EvilDevo

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Exactly! Problem is is that the crates only look good from 2 sides. Wondering if they are still available. When I ask at my local BK's the person at the front counter acts dumb.

Yeah, tell me about it... it's like pulling teeth getting those BK employees to even reach into the kids meal bags to get the toys. The older ones are pretty helpful when it comes to that, but the high school kids who work there look as though you've just asked them to hop over the counter and dance with you.

".............................................you.................just want the...toys?"

Part timers... I hate these guys.

"Part time!" heh

Anyway, good luck building your warehouse... when I go in next Monday to get the final 2 toys, I'll pick up any crates that might be left... if you want.

ChromiumBlue37

That would be wonderful and I thank you, Sir!!!

I had one kid just stare at me with his mouth open. The he says, "nah, we ain't got a way to just sell the toys...." The rest of the staff was looking at me behind the scenes, laughing, so I gave up and left empty handed.

Ignatius Stone

The toys are finally starting to appear in more BK branches in UK. Very late.:mad: Picked up the pen & diary today.

Back when BK had the Revenge of the Sith promotion I was able to just go into the place and buy the toys outright without even buying any food.
It might be the same for Indy. Will try it. I guess it just depends on the manager, or maybe how much stock they have.

kongisking

ChromiumBlue37 said:
That would be wonderful and I thank you, Sir!!!

I had one kid just stare at me with his mouth open. The he says, "nah, we ain't got a way to just sell the toys...." The rest of the staff was looking at me behind the scenes, laughing, so I gave up and left empty handed.

Gasp! Aw, man, that's sad! I feel so sorry for you, dude. My serious sympathies. :(

ChromiumBlue37

Yeah - it was humiliating.

Today at lunch I went in asking for the toys. The woman just slammed the LED light pen on the counter and kept saying that was all they had. She was playing the "no speak English" card with me.

indyclone25

i have been pretty lucky with the bk help

i call and ask them " that i hate to bother them but what toys they have in " and so far they tell me what they have and about how much they have to go thru to open up then next case of toys ----

iLUVINDY

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Yeah - it was humiliating.

Today at lunch I went in asking for the toys. The woman just slammed the LED light pen on the counter and kept saying that was all they had. She was playing the "no speak English" card with me.

thats a very racist joke and not appreciated :mad:

Nurhachi1991

iLUVINDY said:
thats a very racist joke and not appreciated :mad:

No its not......... This is the United States of America if you don't speak english well enough to function in society you should learn it or leave.

Uki

Nurhachi1991:

AMEN!!!!

I got the boulder escape toy this afternoon. I still need the whip, the mine car, the temple puzzle, and the ant crate.

Goonie

Is Burger King planning to do any other movie tie-in promotions this Summer? Hulk? X-Files? WALL-E? Batman?

I've been eating kids' meals since the Iron Man promotion started. I need to change my diet soon to McDonald's or Wendy's. lol :D