Best beatdown in the trilogy?

Which is the most satisfying beatdown in the Indy trilogy?

• ROTLA: The German Sergeant during the truck chase

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • TOD: The Giant Thuggee during the rock-grinder fight

Votes: 30 30.3%
  • LC: Colonel Vogel during the tank chase?

Votes: 24 24.2%

• Total voters

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
Vogel's the only one that had me all that engaged in the fight, what with him being a character and all.

I voted Vogel too. Indy sure knows how to deliver the punishment. Those head slams were brutal!

kongisking

Thuggee strongman all the way. He gave Indy the beating to end all beatings! And then Dr. Jones finally prevails when the poor chump gets pulled into that crusher-thing. Tride and true cheer moment! :cool:

Nein! You are all mistaken! The rock crusher is the one. Indy gets two s**ts beaten out of him. Plus voodoo agony. You gotta cheer when that Thuggee or Luggee goes under the crusher. :hat:

loganbush

But the Thugee getting crushed was an accident. I think Indy even tries to pull him out. I just love the head slamming though. So satisfying..:)

oki9Sedo

loganbush said:
But the Thugee getting crushed was an accident. I think Indy even tries to pull him out. I just love the head slamming though. So satisfying..:)

No, he hands him the hand of the rope so that when he gets pulled into the rock-grinder, Indy will be pulled up. He's not trying to save the guy who just tried to kill him!

I voted for the sequence in "Raiders". Absolutely fantastic. And everytime I see Indy passing under the truck, climbing over it and coming back in the driver's cabin to kick the seargent's a**, it makes me think "Ok fuc***g bast**rd!! Let's see if you can do it too!!". KAPOWW!!! Just great!!

EDIT: I'm sorry for the bad words I used... it was the enthusiasm...

Last edited:

oki9Sedo

The Stranger said:
I voted for the sequence in "Raiders". Absolutely fantastic. And everytime I see Indy passing under the truck, climbing over it and coming back in the driver's cabin to kick the seargent's a**, it makes me think "Ok fuc***g bast**rd!! Let's see if you can do it too!!". KAPOWW!!! Just great!!

EDIT: I'm sorry for the bad words I used... it was the enthusiasm...

Aaron H edited out a photo of a child giving the middle finger to someone, an an image that you'd get away with in a family-friendly Robin Williams comedy, so best of luck to you!

But yes, its such a great scene.

Last edited:

oki9Sedo

There seems to be a little confusion about the Thuggee giant option....I was referring to when the dagger gets pulled out of the voodo doll, then we see Indy looking at him with the most badass expression ever, and then pounding the living sh*t out of him to the Raiders march.

CaliforniaJones

How can you leave out the flying wing fight with the mechanic???? That has got to be the hands down best fight in the whole trilogy. I would even go so far as to say one of the best movie fights period. Indy is at his down and dirty best in that fight. The sound effects and editing are amazing. Thats the one that makes me want to kick some ass.(y)

oki9Sedo

CaliforniaJones said:
How can you leave out the flying wing fight with the mechanic???? That has got to be the hands down best fight in the whole trilogy. I would even go so far as to say one of the best movie fights period. Indy is at his down and dirty best in that fight. The sound effects and editing are amazing. Thats the one that makes me want to kick some ass.(y)

For the second time, there seems to be confusion about the thread. I said best BEATDOWN, not fight. As in Indy kicking the living sh*t out of some really despicable villain that makes the audience cheer.

CaliforniaJones

oki9Sedo said:
For the second time, there seems to be confusion about the thread. I said best BEATDOWN, not fight. As in Indy kicking the living sh*t out of some really despicable villain that makes the audience cheer.
Si, Yo hablo Ingles. You're telling me that the series of punches that Indy throws before he get's knocked down, and the dude gets chopped up, isn't badass? That scene is great. Indy is downright ferocious. He's grunting and throwing everything he's got. Granted the prop finshed him off, but the roller finished off the Thugee. If that's not a beatdown, what is?

oki9Sedo

CaliforniaJones said:
Si, Yo hablo Ingles. You're telling me that the series of punches that Indy throws before he get's knocked down, and the dude gets chopped up, isn't badass? That scene is great. Indy is downright ferocious. He's grunting and throwing everything he's got. Granted the prop finshed him off, but the roller finished off the Thugee. If that's not a beatdown, what is?

Thats not a beatdown, its Indy mustering up everything he has, pounding the mechanic as hard and as furiously as he can, but just serving to **** the mechanic off further.

I agree that that part's great though. Those have to be the most brutal, fercocious punches I've ever seen in a movie. He's almost growling with fury when he's punching him.

CaliforniaJones

Well I think you definition of a beatdown is flawed. All of the opponents were killed, but not actually by Indy's own hands. And who's to say the other opponents weren't pissed off before they met their demise? And furthermore, if you look at the mechanics face before he kisses the prop, he is the only one of the four that actually looks like he had the s**t beat out of him.

oki9Sedo

CaliforniaJones said:
Well I think you definition of a beatdown is flawed. All of the opponents were killed, but not actually by Indy's own hands. And who's to say the other opponents weren't pissed off before they met their demise? And furthermore, if you look at the mechanics face before he kisses the prop, he is the only one of the four that actually looks like he had the s**t beat out of him.

You're just being argumentative for the sake of it.

Vogel has his head slammed repeatedly against a metal TANK. The German sergeant has his head slammed against the dashboard, also quite hard I would imagine, before being punched and then hurled out of the front window. The Thuggee strongman is slashed with a saw and then punched maybe 10 times, and has to resort to hitting Indy with a rock to get him off him.

The mechanic is bleeding badly from the punches and is mildly overwhelmed during the assault, but recovers fairly easily and just slams Indy to the ground with maybe 50% of what he has.