The drunk thread!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
I would hope it's a rarity. If you're drunk, there's far better places to be. With that said, I can accept stumbling by, perhaps, or the occasional late drink in one's room that might have some Raven involved.

Finn

Staff member
I'll let this thread be under one condition... nobody posts in it while drunk.

Deckard

Dayne said:
One question: how many people post on the Raven drunk, and how often? Do please tell!

LoL, if your drunk at home by yourself, and posting online, just stop, and go outside.

I don't really get drunk, because drunk people tend to be idiots. I enjoy a beer or two when out w/ friends and get a buzz going but I always stop before It really starts pyhsically affecting me.

After being at some college parties lately, I have to say, I don't understand the people who drink so much they just pass out. You just wasted money on beer or liquor bcuz now your out cold, your not going to enjoy yourself, your putting friends in an awkward posisition trying to deal w/ you laying there, and your probably going to feel like **** when you wake up. Plus now, I'm totally going to flirt with your girl while your out cold on the floor.

Adamwankenobi

I rarely drink, but when I do, it's usually on a special occasion. I've never been drunk on The Raven, but it would be as good a place as any to be drunk, don't ya think? It is a bar after all! :p

On a side note, what's everyone's favorite drink? Beer's never been my thing (it has a nasty aftertaste IMO :sick: ), but I'll take whisky anyday! (y) :whip:

Dayne

Quite frankly I'm not at all that big of a drinker either, though I would take beer over whiskey any day. I've seen a post or two that got me wondering, that's all.

No Ticket

I almost never drink. It's a rare occasion when I do. But The Raven is a bar... well a message board. A message board bar.

Dr. Gonzo

Well folks I have to admit, when I have come home late after a night of being out on the town and having some drinks, just before I turn in for the night I like to see whats going on in our little bar the Raven... "Where every body knows your name and Indiana Jones is always glad you came." Thats just me. I like to stay up to date on Indy 4... And many of my discoveries of the things we all find out about and post in here have been when I have been drinking.

Now drunk on the other hand...
thats a horse of a different color.
And for alot of people that term has a vague definition.

|ZiR|

I don't drink, but I've always kinda wanted to get drunk just the once to find out what kind of drunk I am.

Finn said:
The drunk kind, probably.

Well, yeah, that too. There are many different kinds of drunk though: there's the morbid drunk, bleeding heart drunk, paranoid drunk, stupid drunk, angry drunk, etc.

Last edited:

Dayne

I mean it's not like people just sit at home while on the Raven drinking by themselves (well maybe some people do). I'm talking about when people go out, have some fun and come home a little tipsy (or drunk or whatever) and are compelled to go on to the Raven to see what's new...

whipem

Well...[ahem] I've been drinking since about 7:30 or so (it's 1:51 now, and I stopped around 12), but I'll just say that I've found myself rather articulate when drunk, although I've just really got a buzz going now. I generally don't go online when drunk, but I think if anyone does post on this forum while drunk, they should certainly be coherent. As a college student, I encounter intoxicated people regularly on the weekends, and I'd like them to at least make sense when, for instance, sending me a text. Anywho...I'd just like to mention that this is the first time posting on The Raven after consuming any kind of alcohol and don't intend to make a habit of it; I just felt like making an observation on this thread.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Haven't been drunk. Not that kind of brood. I do drink though. Mostly mixed drinks involving vodka, wines and drambuie (I can't remember how to spell it). Beer is terrible. It's too filling and the aftertaste isn't really for me.