Anybody else a Indy soundtrack nut?

Indycrusader

I am an Indy soundtrack nut. A John Williams soundtrack freak actually. You know, all those movies I won't mention cause this is the Indy forum. But, I love Indy soundtracks, and I was wondering if anybody else did. :)

Webley

Me to I love the Indy soundtracks my #1 song is the TOD theme. I love how it is so dark but has some of the Raiders march in it

[Edited by Webley on 10-10-2003 at 03:15 pm]

Indycrusader

So cool!!! :cool: I have never found anyone else who likes them. I mean, they like them, but don't really care about them. I've never paid attention to the ToD theme, but I love the Raiders March, and No Ticket fom the LC soundtrack. Which others are your favorites, Web?

Anybody else? :confused:

Attila the Professor

Staff member
They're rather good, I think, and I know a thing or two about film soundtracks. Last Crusade is the superior of the three, in my opinion.

Webley

The only one I have on CD is LC and I play it on my way to work aver day...it makes me drive fast.
PS I like the way you call me Web it makes me sound like SPIDER-MAN.

[Edited by Webley on 10-10-2003 at 05:27 pm]

Indycrusader

Me too. I only have the LC soundtrack. But, I'm getting the Raiders one real soon. I have heard the ToD temple track, but it wasn't my real favorite. No offense. Web, yeah, that's a cool name if I do say so myself. :) I like Spiderman. The movie was pretty cool. But this is the Indy forum. Better hush before I get in trouble. Some guy on the Indy IV page, can't wait to hear the Indy IV soundtrack. Maybe he loves em too. Hope he visits us Generals. Hey, I like that. I'm good at coming up with names. Sorry, I'm getting off the thread idea. :eek:

I like the touche of spanish guitar that John Williams chose for the river boat chase. I also liked the concerto for motercycle and orchestra. Otherwise known as the Dad theme.

But most of all, Map Room at Dawn...

Webley

Oh The Map Room at Dawn now thats a good one. I whistle it every time Im looking around the house for something.

[Edited by Webley on 10-10-2003 at 09:17 pm]

Indycrusader

To tell the truth, I've never heard Map Room at Dawn. That's why I'm getting the Raiders soundtrack. Heard there were some really awesome tracks on there. Especially the bonus tracks that come with some. ;)
I think the No Ticket is pretty cool, cause it makes you think somebody is sneaking up. And others were cool too. Can't say which movie score is my absolute favorite, cause I haven't heard em all.

What bonus tracks? Are you speaking of the ones with asterisks that denote previously unreleased material?

Anyway, yeah, it's pretty sweet, despite the fact that it's missing the cue when Indy pushes the statue through the snake wall. That has to be one of my favorite minor themes of all time. They really need to re-release all three scores with every flippin' second of music from the films! I sure as heck am not shellin' out fifty bucks for an extremely short import of TOD, and LC, while I would buy that one, is sadly lacking a vast amount of music, including the whole desert battle sequence. I heard there once was a downloadable complete score for the trilogy, but I have no idea what the quality was and it has since, apparently been taken down for legal reasons or something.

Anyway, my favorite existing tracks are "In the Idol's Temple (briefly states the minor adventure theme!)", "The Basket ", "The Map Room-Dawn", "Airplane Fight", "Desert Chase", "Miracle of the Ark", "Fast Streets of Shanghai", "Slalom on Mount Humol", "Parade of the Slave Children", "No Ticket!", "Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra", and "Belly of the Steel Beast", and of course all the end credits suites are fantastic!

Indycrusader

Ben FOI, you were the one I was talking about on the Indy IV section, that was waiting for the Indy IV soundtrack. Glad you posted. :)
What I meant by bonus tracks was that some of the soundtracks only have a few tracks on them. And then you can buy the ones that have completely different covers, that have even more tracks on them. I don't know if you'd call them bonus tracks, but, yeah, never before realeased.
And I agree with you about having every second of music on the soundtrack. All the Star Wars do that. They have the one without all the tracks, and then the one with all the tracks, even the ones left out of the movie. So why can't they do that with Indiana Jones? Hmmmm........

Webley

Indycrusader said:
So cool!!! :cool: I have never found anyone else who likes them. I mean, they like them, but don't really care about them. I've never paid attention to the ToD theme, but I love the Raiders March, and No Ticket fom the LC soundtrack. Which others are your favorites, Web?

Anybody else? :confused:
You can hear some of the TOD soundtrack on the FAN WORK page I put some in my thread MY FIRST INDY FAN FILM

[Edited by Webley on 10-11-2003 at 04:18 pm]

Indycrusader

Web, hey, I like it! So that's you? I like that outfit. And I paid attention to the music the second time. It was cool. :cool: I'll think about getting that soundtrack too. Thanks for telling me about it. Anymore Indy shorts lately?

Webley

Well gest last Wednesday me and the gang went out and tride to make a new Indy short but all the film got lost. But thar is going to be more on the way... soon I hope. Maybe well put the Map Room at Dawn in the pick.

Yes, I love the Indy soundtracks. I still have my old lp of ROTLA that I got on Christmas '81 and played to death. Aside from the "Raiders March", my favorite cue has always been "Desert Chase." Not only is the original album edit the single best thing Williams ever put to album--Williams edits cuts to make for a more album-friendly listening experience. What a guy! My childhood friends and I enjoyed the soundtrack music (and theme music in general) over the top 40 songs of the day. I could go on reminiscing about what we old Indy fans did back in '81, but I won't bore you with the details...

Anyhow, I have the Japanese imports of ROTLA and TOD which I bought just before the release of the expanded Raiders disc. I was so livid at having paid $22.99 for each import disc that I refused to buy the expanded Raiders until 1999! Of course, it's now out of print (why?) and I thank my lucky stars I actually got the cd in time! However, as much as I love the music, I have never owned the IJATLC soundtrack, but only because it's dreadfully incomplete.

grumpus

I've looked and looked but i can't find any, Web im going to have to agree with you on the ToD theme, its just so neato, but of course i love everything else too

Joe Brody

Don't talk about John Williams today. Tonight he's conducting the New York Philharmonic in some of his great scores. I'm not going to make it so I'm pretty bummed out.

Canyon

I absolutely love the Indy soundtracks and have done so for many years.

My favourites have to be:

Raiders

The Raiders March (Or Indy's theme as it is known)
Marion's Theme
Journey to Nepal
The Basket Game
Reunion and the dig begins
The Bantu Wind (I love the way in which Marion's theme is used here)
The German Sub/to the Nazi hidout

Temple of Doom

Fast streets of Shangahi
Noctural Activities
The mine cart chase
Generally the whole theme

Last Crusade

Indy's very first adventure
Ah, Rats!!!
The Keeper of the Grail
Keeping up with the Joneses
Canyon of the Crescent Moon