SPF is a year older then Lloyd Owens...

Avilos

What does it matter???? :confused:

The best actors were cast for the roles. Lloyd Owen was fantastic as Indy's Dad. That was probably the hardest part to cast. He had to emulate SEAN CONNERY! Also he primarily interacted with Corey Carrier. In which the age difference was perfect. Given the jump in time periods it was inevitable that some actors would be similar ages even if they are playing older or younger than their actual ages.

This is not a unique situation either. In real life Michael J Fox is older than Crispin Glover. Glover played Fox's Dad in Back to the Future.

tupogirl

It's the kind of thing that gets my funny bone going:). I do agree they were both fantastically cast.

IndyFalco

Absolutely !!! They were both perfect actors for these roles. It's not an easy thing to try to represent a famous character such as Indiana Jones in more younger text.

What I mean, SPF had to emulate the characteristics of IJ that Harrison Ford created. But at the same time, SPF had to emulate the development and the mindset of a "Young Indiana Jones". Now that, is an extraordinary task.

and damn, did that guy pull it off (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Lloyd Owens, jesus, that guy pulled off a Henry Jones Sr. that is IDENTICAL to the persona created by Connery. If any of you ever got to see the episode "The Winds of Change".... wow, just wow. That episode not only explained soooooooooo much about Indiana's developing resentment towards his father, but Lloyd did an AMAZING job at portraying the role.

Goodsport

Is this somewhat similar to how in real life, Sean Connery is only eleven years older than Harrison Ford? :eek:

-G

phantom train

Interesting, but not that surprising. Lloyd Owens looks older than SPF because of his beard. Though, now that I know this, the scene in "Princeton 1919" when Henry Sr. tells Indy to go to his room without eating dinner is especially amusing, considering the actor playing the father is younger than the actor playing the son.

I guess this is just a testimony on how good the actors are, that they can convincingly play father and son.

Now that I know this, I'm thankful there are not many scenes with SPF and Lloyd Owens together.
Obviously, Owens definitely plays a good father to little Indy (Corey Carrier).

nitzsche

If I had been Indy in that scene, I would have still gone to the kitchen to make a sandwich, then gone back to Henry's den to take huge bites in front of him, leaving crumbs on the antique rug. Then when Henry starts getting irate, through a big mouthful of sandwich ask, "What're you gonna do about it, old man?"