Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 11-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #26
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Jones
Actually, Miss Seymour was in Titanic Adventure (the book metalinvader mentioned) and that's likely where the reference came from on the official site.
You are most likely correct. I was aware that she was in the story but
what I found curious was the mention of the Titanic being one of the
few extra details (in ALL the bios) that was taken from outside the films
or the TV show.

In any case, glad to see that people are enjoying your stories.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #27
Flannery10
IndyFan

Although a Titanic episode would have been great, you have to admit that this would have been quiet expensive (for one 45 minute episode). I know, that they probably wouldn't have shown all the sinking details, which made "Titanic" so expensive, but still.

I completely agree with you, though. Who doesn't want to see Indy on the Titanic? Wasn't the book only half about the Titanic and the other half in London with Conan Doyle, or am I on the wrong book? Please let me know
Flannery10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 PM   #28
NoCamels
IndyFan

I agree, if they were thinking of having Indy on the Titanic when it sank, it would have been a great but extremely expensive episode. But they also could have done something like Indy rides the Titanic and meets some famous people like (Unsinkable) Molly Brown. At the Titanic's last stop in Cobh, Ireland, he gets in trouble, and causes Miss Seymour & his parents to miss the boat while dealing with / finding him. Not as exciting as watching the ship go down, but I think it would fit in with some of the other episodes.
NoCamels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 AM   #29
Junior Jones
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flannery10
Wasn't the book only half about the Titanic and the other half in London with Conan Doyle, or am I on the wrong book? Please let me know

Part of the first chapter is preliminary to boarding the ship and it does mention Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, but the majority of the book takes place on board the Titanic.
Junior Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #30
Flannery10
IndyFan

I recently found this movie poster

It's a poster of Sean Patrick Flanery's newest film and the guy in the bottom right corner is Flanery. He's 42 now and it's the most recent picture I have seen of him. In my opinion he looks pretty good and even a little like Harrison Ford and since most people considered the George Hall bookends to be bad, he could do them for a new season, in the style of Ford's Mystery of the Blues bookend, with some action. Since Flanery usually appears in TV productions it shouldn't be a problem.

What do you think of the picture? Would Flanery be a good candidate to do the bookends and would you like to see action bookends or did you prefer the ones in George Hall's style?
Old 11-14-2007, 07:49 PM   #31
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Although a Titanic episode would have been great, you have to admit that this would have been quiet expensive (for one 45 minute episode). I know, that they probably wouldn't have shown all the sinking details, which made "Titanic" so expensive, but still.

I completely agree with you, though. Who doesn't want to see Indy on the Titanic? Wasn't the book only half about the Titanic and the other half in London with Conan Doyle, or am I on the wrong book? Please let me know

It would have been cool though if Indy and his family could have made a cameo in James Cameron's film. For instance, at one point early in Cameron's film, Indy and his family could pass by on the deck while Jack is showing Rose his paintings, and Indy makes a remark about how Jack's paintings look as good as those his friend Norman (Rockwell) drew back in Paris.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #32
Flannery10
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
It would have been cool though if Indy and his family could have made a cameo in James Cameron's film. For instance, at one point early in Cameron's film, Indy and his family could pass by on the deck while Jack is showing Rose his paintings, and Indy makes a remark about how Jack's paintings look as good as those his friend Norman (Rockwell) drew back in Paris.

Now they could make it the other way around, that Indy encounters Jack and Rose in the Titanic episode
Old 11-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #33
oki9Sedo
IndyFan

Quote:

I think a Titanic episode would have been good, if very expensive, but having Indiana Jones wander into James Cameron's film would have been really stupid.

Imagine Spiderman wandering into frame in The Departed..."Hey Billy, good job on those Guinea hoods!"
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 AM   #34
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
I think a Titanic episode would have been good, if very expensive, but having Indiana Jones wander into James Cameron's film would have been really stupid.

I disagree. You're talking about two completely different stories, while I'm talking about two similar stories. The film Titanic was somewhat similar to Young Indy in its concept. First off, both stories are being told by elderly people in the 1990s. Additionally, Rose and Jack are fictional characters created by Cameron for the film. There were some characters based on real people (Captain Smith, Molly Brown, the ship's creator's, etc.) from the early 20th century that the fictional characters encounter, and the story is based on real events of the early 20th century. So, I don't think it would have been that big of a stretch to have a Jones family cameo in the film.

On a side note, I re-watched the film today when it aired on TV, and laughed when I noticed a young boy dressed like Young Indy walking by when Jack is showing Rose his paintings. You later see the same boy running on deck, playing with some kind of yo yo.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:34 AM   #35
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Location: The Host City of the 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
One Idea, one word: MARION!!!!
Violet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #36
Flannery10
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Indy
One Idea, one word: MARION!!!!

Yeah, that's why I want to see a 3rd Season of Young Indy. Because many planned episodes would have featured characters from the movies, including Belloq and Abner Ravenwood., so I guess there's a pretty good chance, we would have seen a younger Marion, too.
There were rumors about Sallah and Brody episodes but those were never confirmed, Abner and Belloq were. It's sad that there are 22 films (44 episodes) of Young Indiana Jones, but except Indy and his father, there's not a single character from the movies in them.
But now Indy 4 is coming and we all know that Karen Allen returns as Marion, so that's something you should look forward to, Violet.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:55 PM   #37
Flannery10
IndyFan

Oh and I want to have another opinion of yours. Would you want the Old Indy bookends for a new season or would you prefer 90 minute films, like the re-edits. Because if they would do them with some kind of connection now, they wouldn't look fake and wrong like the re-edited versions do.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 PM   #38
Shazam
IndyFan

wikipedia has a longer list of unproduced episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...les_episode s
Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:40 AM   #39
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Oh and I want to have another opinion of yours. Would you want the Old Indy bookends for a new season or would you prefer 90 minute films, like the re-edits. Because if they would do them with some kind of connection now, they wouldn't look fake and wrong like the re-edited versions do.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Old Indy bookends. So I would have those. In fact, I have the perfect bookends in mind for the Indy and Marion episode, which would fit into the original series.
Old 12-06-2007, 03:55 AM   #40
metalinvader
IndyFan

Quote:
Personally, I'm a fan of the Old Indy bookends. So I would have those. In fact, I have the perfect bookends in mind for the Indy and Marion episode, which would fit into the original series.

Well,Care to share?
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:07 AM   #41
Shazam
IndyFan

Yes, do tell.
Old 12-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #42
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Well... I'm sorry in advance if anyone thinks this sucks, but I personally think it works. And it depends on the assumption that Marion is Mrs Jones.

Circa 1995- Supposedly three years after Marion's death. Indy's oldest grand daughter, Annie (correct the name if I'm wrong!) a 15 year old has been caught out by her parents, sneaking out to see an older guy from school that she fancies. Her parents and her have a bit of a blowout, and Old Indy just so happens to be visiting and witnesses the confrontation. Annie runs to her room after being grounded and forbidden to see the guy again.

Old Indy warns her parents (from what KOTCS is looking like and based on a very accurate fan made timeline and on the TV series, the mother is Indy's adopted daughter) that forbidding her is the worst thing to do and to let him talk to her. They allow him.

Annie allows Old Indy into her room. He tells her he understands and asks her about this guy. He's only 2 years older and Dad just doesn't like him because he's kind of a rebel and is friends with the guy's father. Old Indy explains that he was once in a very similar situation when he met a girl who was a lot younger but was very wise beyond her years and her father was a good friend to him...

DISSOLVE TO UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO, 1926....

END OF FLASHBACK...

Annie: "10 years is a lot of difference. Did you ever make up with her? Did you two ever see each other again?"

Old Indy: "We did. Again and again. She was your grandmother, Marion. It seems Fate, Annie, had a different idea to Abner. But, as for this situation, well there'll be others, Annie. If it's meant to be, then it will be. But, your parents and I don't want you to get hurt. Especially the way your grandmother was."

Her parents enter. They heard the whole story and said it would be ok for Annie to be with the guy but be careful and don't sneak out. Cue happy ending and end credits.

Last edited by Violet : 12-09-2007 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2007, 08:18 PM   #43
No Ticket
IndyFan

You know, I never really thought about it, but seeing a young Indy with Marion and Abner Ravenwood would have sparked my interest. Much more so than what we got as YIJC. I would definitely have enjoyed seeing that!
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 08:52 PM   #44
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan

Quote:
Old Indy explains that he was once in a very similar situation when he met a girl who was a lot younger but was very wise beyond her years and her father was a good friend to him...

LOL, that's similar to what Archduke Franz Ferdinand tells young Indy when he asks to marry his daughter in "Vienna, November 1908".
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 AM   #45
metalinvader
IndyFan

That's really well done,Violet!
It fits the tone of the previous bookends very well!
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:04 PM   #46
Shazam
IndyFan

I like it. It's a really good intro to the story.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM   #47
Flannery10
IndyFan

Indeed, a very good bookend, congrats
Old 12-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #48
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam
wikipedia has a longer list of unproduced episodes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...les_episode s
Everything on that list was already mentioned in the first 2 posts.
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 06:38 PM   #49
Violet
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
LOL, that's similar to what Archduke Franz Ferdinand tells young Indy when he asks to marry his daughter in "Vienna, November 1908".

Yeah, I just realised that after I posted. I had to look at the comic book version just to be sure. But still, you could always change Old Indy's dialogue to tailor fit it more to the story. I would have change it a little but not being completely certain about the story of Indy and Marion, but have often thought about writing it as fan fic, it becomes tedious to adjust especially for those who disagree with the Indyfan timeline which I personally prefer to follow as it is the most exhastive and comprehensive timeline ever, and disagree that Marion was only 15. Karen Allen looks too old to have been 25 (not that she doesn't look great, which she does, but I found her more believable as 27/28ish in Raiders).

@metalinvader, Shazam and Flannery10- Glad you all like it. I'd like to see what Matinee thinks...
Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #50
Matinee Idyll
IndyFan

Basil Brush is wonderful!

Oh wait, wrong thread...

Nice one Violet, fits nicely with both the tone of the previous bookends - bridging the generational gap as the best ones did, and would've contributed well to the episode.

Now to write to Mr. Lucas and ask him to make it!
Matinee Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote