TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-04-2008, 03:26 PM   #76
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
I know this video since a looong time. Boy, this an interview TO PROMOTE this show becaus it had very bad TV ratings. Nothing more! Do think Harrison Ford saw every single episode of "Young Indy"? :-)

So in order for you to consider YIJC to be a quality show, you're saying every single episode of it would have to be outstanding?!? How many "good" shows can say that? None. Every show has its weaker episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
B.call Ford a liar and ask him for source

I think he would actually do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
Ford wouldn't have cameo-ed in the damn thing, which means he couldn't have disliked it.

Exactly. Ford has always had a general dislike of TV after entering the film business. For him to appear on a TV show really means something... especially after his experience working on The Star Wars Holiday Special.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #77
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by oki9Sedo
Ford wouldn't have cameo-ed in the damn thing, which means he couldn't have disliked it.

Nice emphasis. Not disliking something doesn't mean that you do like something.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #78
oki9Sedo
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
Nice emphasis. Not disliking something doesn't mean that you do like something.

Thats my point. He either liked it, or felt neutral enough about it to do it for the paycheque and for the simple fun of it. If he disliked the show I find it unlikely he would have appeared in it.
oki9Sedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #79
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,436
No, I know that was your point, but it was subtly made, and almost surely would have gone unnoticed. They've got Sankara in their sights now and I wouldn't count on close readings of anything.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:28 PM   #80
metalinvader
IndyFan
 
metalinvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orellana's Cradle
Posts: 2,428
It's not going to matter how much evidence or examples we give Sankara,He's just going to come back with a stupid statement like..''Lawrence Kasdan didn't write a Young Indy episode,Therefor it is lousy".





Frankly,It's getting tired that any good Young Indy discussion turns into a debate about the quality or whatever with him.....
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #81
Attila the Professor
Moderator
 
Attila the Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 6,436
My point exactly. Something about this community makes it have to have a scapegoat.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:26 PM   #82
The_Minority
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 22
Ahhhhh, well!

Nevertheless, I am still hoping for some kind of nod to the show. Even if it is something that will go over most fans who haven't seen the show heads. I personally would love to see Indy lose his eye at the end of the movie, tying into 93 year old Indy, even though the consensus is he is not liked. But seeing ford with an eye patch in the indy costume and a giant scar down his face would be pretty bad ass!
The_Minority is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:29 AM   #83
Jeremiah Jones
IndyFan
 
Jeremiah Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London
Posts: 371
I'm in a completley different time zone to most of you guys, so whenever I wander over a have a look on the boards theres always a ton of new stuff, although the last days argument is the best yet. Two pages of exasperation.

This is indeed tiresome, I vote we should just get on with the discussion we were having and just try not to get distracted into once again arguing with a rock. Its just not gonna do anything, and we'll all end up with higher blood pressures then usual.

Anyone here ever do any archaeology?
Jeremiah Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #84
Matinee Idyll
IndyFan
 
Matinee Idyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
We are arguing with a broken record.

Source??

Matinee Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #85
sunshinestate1992
IndyFan
 
sunshinestate1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremiah Jones
I'm in a completley different time zone to most of you guys, so whenever I wander over a have a look on the boards theres always a ton of new stuff, although the last days argument is the best yet. Two pages of exasperation.

This is indeed tiresome, I vote we should just get on with the discussion we were having and just try not to get distracted into once again arguing with a rock. Its just not gonna do anything, and we'll all end up with higher blood pressures then usual.

Anyone here ever do any archaeology?
nope no one except u

and i think that indiana jones archaeology is anything liek a real archeologist does
sunshinestate1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:57 PM   #86
metalinvader
IndyFan
 
metalinvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orellana's Cradle
Posts: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matinee Idyll
Source??



Part of me wants to laugh while the other wants to slam my head into the wall....

metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:55 PM   #87
Matinee Idyll
IndyFan
 
Matinee Idyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
Part of me wants to laugh while the other wants to slam my head into the wall....

Source??


Last edited by Matinee Idyll : 01-06-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Matinee Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #88
metalinvader
IndyFan
 
metalinvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orellana's Cradle
Posts: 2,428
Alright,Just go away Matinee!!!
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:51 AM   #89
Matinee Idyll
IndyFan
 
Matinee Idyll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalinvader
Alright,Just go away Matinee!!!

Sou...

Yeah, I'll stop now.
Matinee Idyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #90
Jeremiah Jones
IndyFan
 
Jeremiah Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: London
Posts: 371
Hmm, I'm not even sure why I posed that question.

Actually, you'd be surprised, theres all the physical hardship, and quite a few death defying leaps and stuff if you're in a mind through yourself into that sorta thing, falling down chimmneys, off cliffs, lost in trogldyte dwellings, mud, rain, also the only job I know of in the world where its perfectly acceptable to wear a fedora to work, well at least in the summer.

But Now I've REALLY gone off topic so I'll stop.
Jeremiah Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:38 AM   #91
Sankara
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 904
The reason why Harrison Ford appears in "Young Indy" was: Season 1 wasn't a success. Very soon ratings started to drop.

Lucas called Ford because the original "Indiana Jones" would bring better TV-Ratings. Ford is a good friend of Lucas and so he made the cameo appearance. That's it!

But even this couldnít make the network happy, so after 21 episodes the series was cancelled...
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:22 AM   #92
Flannery10
IndyFan
 
Flannery10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara

But even this couldnít make the network happy, so after 21 episodes the series was cancelled...

There we go again, Sankara is staying off-topic ; By the way I counted 32 episodes, just for the record!
Flannery10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:37 AM   #93
Sankara
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 904
No, it's not off-topic - it's the answere to the post of oki9Sedo.
Yes, Season 3 came later. But after 21 Episodes the series was cancelled.

Source: www.theraider.net
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #94
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
The reason why Harrison Ford appears in "Young Indy" was: Season 1 wasn't a success. Very soon ratings started to drop.

Lucas called Ford because the original "Indiana Jones" would bring better TV-Ratings. Ford is a good friend of Lucas and so he made the cameo appearance. That's it!

But even this couldnít make the network happy, so after 21 episodes the series was cancelled...

That's one of the few solid facts you've posted in this thread.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:36 PM   #95
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuch‚tel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 8,028
Key Old Indy Connection?

On page 4 of this thread there is a clue to a possible link to Young Indy.
(Or should I say, Old Indy.) CAUTION: It's in the SPOILER section!

http://raven.theraider.net/showthrea...t=12984&page=4

For those who are trying to stay spoiler-free, here's some hints:
1) It's green.
2) It has 4 wheels
3) It goes "VROOM!"

O.K. It's not a perfect match but it's pretty frickin' close!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #96
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,185
Hmm. I'm guessing it might be this. Remember, this is of course my opinion, and therefore not a spoiler:





I don't know, they look pretty different to me.
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:26 AM   #97
Stoo
IndyFan
 
Stoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Neuch‚tel, Switzerland (Canadian from Montreal)
Posts: 8,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamwankenobi
I don't know, they look pretty different to me.
The one in the driveway right by the front door is the one I'm thinking of.

Mind you, I'm not saying that it *is* his car - I'm merely speculating...
(In the other thread, I mentioned some differences between the two models
but it does pique one's curiousity...Very suspicious, no?)

If it IS Indy's car then you could build an argument that would turn the
whole c*n*n issue topsy-turvy. If it is NOT his car...well then...I wouldn't
be heartbroken...
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 AM   #98
Sankara
Guest
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 904
@Adamwankenobi
You want to see things! :-) Remember the pictures in Indy's house? There will be no reference to "Young Indy" in this movie... :-)

Last edited by Sankara : 03-03-2008 at 02:24 AM.
Sankara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 02:25 AM   #99
metalinvader
IndyFan
 
metalinvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orellana's Cradle
Posts: 2,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
@Adamwankenobi
You want to see the things! :-) Remember the pictures in Indy's house? There will be no reference to "Young Indy" in this movie... :-)

You didn't see the huge oil painting of Grey Cloud over Indy's bed?
metalinvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #100
Adamwankenobi
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankara
@Adamwankenobi
You want to see things! :-) Remember the pictures in Indy's house? There will be no reference to "Young Indy" in this movie... :-)

Do you have some kind of Aaron H type of insider knowledge that we don't know about?
Adamwankenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.