indy 4 really neccessary?!?!?!

solidsnake1

I love indiana jones. But im not sure about a forth movie. The end of last crusade had the perfect ending, them all riding off into the sunset. Plus the movie was called "last crusade". So unless indy 4 has a super super super good story. Im not so sure about it.

wolfgang

Ok...the fourth film isn't neccesary, just FUN! and if you don't like it, don't go insulting it, just keep consodaring indy a trilogy! TADA!

Raffey

Sequels are NOT made because of necessity. They are made because they can make money.

Indy IV would be a welcome addition to the Indiana Jones series IMHO. Then again so would Indy V, VI, etc...

Venture

I agree. Indy IV isn't necessary from a story perspective. It's necessary because first and foremost WE LOVE INDY AND CAN'T GET ENOUGH!!!!

bob

It really depends on the plot they throw us...

I think that due to the amount of time they cannot just make another lazy sequel (not that they did that really) they will have to justify it and draw attention to it

FordFan

If you don't like Indy 4, don't consider it part of the series. Ignore it as an entry. That's what I did fo the Halloween series after the first one. :D

wolfgang

I've been telling you guys the same thing FordFan said...if you don't like it, keep cosidering indy a trilogy.

Venture

I agree with Wolfie D..Indy IV is a leap of faith that only true-blue, through and through Indy fans are ready or willing to accept. I good thing, then, that we make up a large percent of the world population!!

Indy87

No really and maybe Yes

I loved all three movies and we really have just been waiting for the dvd's to complete everything

they should NOT make this movie UNLESS they do it perfect/according to plan

this cant be a bummer and dumb

it has to be at the same level of all the others

It has to reach or exceed expectations or it will be shot down and critisized crazy

EvilNazi

thats right, sequels are not neccessary.

this movie if you look at it objectively, is even a risk to ruin indiana jones.
but like i said before, my irrational part wants the movie so bad. i have never seen indiana jones on the big screen before. besides, i saw all movies at once and not in the right order. (well, i saw ToD first, so you could say i saw them in the right order). its not like i saw RotLA on the big screen, became a fan and watched the evolution of indy during the 80's.

so, i want to see another indy movie in my generation now.

anyway, no matter how bad indiana jones could turn out to be, its going to make a lot of money. indiana jones has many die hard fans, and all those are going to go without reading critics or anything, just with a blind confidence. its a good plan to continue a trilogy twenty years later.

Venture

I agree, EvilNazi. But what is a 'fan' if not a fanatic? If we're this prolific in a web site, we'll overrun a theater. INDY FANS, UNITE!!

Indy Smith

This film will be judged more and a lot harsher than the other ones. i bet critics will be divided on it. It could go that way, or it could go the other way as in EVERYONE LIKES IT!!!!!!!!! :D:D

robert knippels

I think that Indy 4 will be a good movie. If you look how much time they spent for the right script. I thought that they were busy with it in 1994. Spielberg said once that he only want to make one if they have the right script. He don't want to make a movie that hurt the trilogy. I know that indy 4 will be good. It is just one more rollercoast ride in de spielberg - Lucas express.Just one more that feeling WWWWOOOOOWWWW THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE...

Regards,

Robert

yodablob

all the best movies come in trilogys, Indy, star wars, back to the future, jurassic park ect. if they make an indy four then they must make an indy five and six, then you could didvide it like the star wars trilogy's if the new ones suck! but the rate its going im beginning to think indy four is just fan rumors, not to mention harrison ford is getting to old and they will need a stunt double for him to walk up the stairs. also it would be lame and a let down if indy passed on his hat if you know what i mean, like an Indy Jr. (his son ect.)
also indy is a classic and why mess with it, new movies generally suck, what if indiana jones four is just a new way to show of special effects like the new bond. and what if it is a try hard wanna be of the original ones?- indiana four might loose alot of fans... but not me in that case

wolfgang

Are you new? welcome :D listen i don't think harrison is to old to be indy, and with spielberg and lucas being more prejudice on thsi one they won't mess it. but if they do, the fans will simply consider it not a part of indy movies, thats what i'll do if i don't like it, but i won't stop being a fan.

EvilNazi

jurassic park was only one good movie. lost world and jurassic park III sucked.
when spielberg saw how bad lost world was, he let it go. that is why jurassic park is directed by somebody else and the music is not by john williams.

godfather III sucked

Matrix 2 is horrible, they shoould have ended it with the first one

ToD was inferior compared to RotLA, but they managed to fix it with Last Crusade.