TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Films
User Name
Password

Old 03-12-2014, 05:37 PM   #526
Moedred
Administrator

Finally started watching it... and viewing it properly.
Quote:
216 116 T 301 303 101-115 117-121 201-203 217-219 204-214 220-222 305-307 302 304 308 122 309-311 215 312-322 S4 502-513 501 514-520 601-613
Moedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:06 AM   #527
jsarino
IndyFan

^^^I finally started re-watching the series as well. I'm kicking myself for not following it in that chronological order. But I only finished the 1st season, so I suppose I can do a mulligan.
jsarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:13 PM   #528
Moedred
Administrator

Finished it! Excellent visuals and plotting throughout. Some Indy references in Season 6 ("Look what you did!"). [Spoilers:] Ewan McGregor loses Satine before their duet. Ahsoka Tano walks away and avoids (?) mass Jedi-cide. The Jedi learn the clones are microchipped, and by the Sith, but never put two and two together. The midichlorian / force ghost business is better explained. At one point I thought they would hint at Luke & Leia's conception, but nope. It doesn't lead directly into Episode III like the Tartakovsky version.

Trans-galactic hologram reception is clear and instantaneous, yet a few stories require characters to hand deliver flash drives. I'm gonna let that slide for a show I was afraid would collapse from incongruity like any given season of Star Trek.
Old 05-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #529
Grizzlor
IndyFan

I have watched a few episodes here and there, but I intend on rewatching from the beginning this summer when I have time. Always felt it was well done, despite my dislike for CGI.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #530
Moedred
Administrator

A few details about the scripted but unproduced seasons 7 and 8. Maybe Marvel comics someday...?
Old 05-21-2014, 03:40 PM   #531
jsarino
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
A few details about the scripted but unproduced seasons 7 and 8. Maybe Marvel comics someday...?

Thanks for sharing this! That's some revelation to find out that Seasons 7 and 8 were already written. Yeah, maybe we could see these stories unfold in comic book form.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #532
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarino
Thanks for sharing this! That's some revelation to find out that Seasons 7 and 8 were already written. Yeah, maybe we could see these stories unfold in comic book form.

I'm sort of with you...and yet, it may be a good thing they never came to be. I mean, the Clone Wars era of Star Wars is already ridiculously crowded with stories. A LOT happened in those three years...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #533
jsarino
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
I'm sort of with you...and yet, it may be a good thing they never came to be. I mean, the Clone Wars era of Star Wars is already ridiculously crowded with stories. A LOT happened in those three years...

OK, you may have a point there. I would've liked to have seen what happened to Asoka for one, but then Dave Filoni, and Ashley Eckstein have hinted about her reappearing in Rebels.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:48 PM   #534
kongisking
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarino
OK, you may have a point there. I would've liked to have seen what happened to Asoka for one, but then Dave Filoni, and Ashley Eckstein have hinted about her reappearing in Rebels.

I'd enjoy her reappearing in that, but I'd personally prefer they wait down the road for that one. I want the show to get a chance to be its own thing and prove its worth without any overt Clone Wars elements stealing its own special thunder.

On a side note, it's so weird that I'm seriously looking forward to Ahsoka returning someday. I remember the days when I was totally indifferent to the character (I never outright joined the hate bandwagon). But damn, those last two seasons really made her something special...
kongisking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:16 AM   #535
jsarino
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kongisking
On a side note, it's so weird that I'm seriously looking forward to Ahsoka returning someday. I remember the days when I was totally indifferent to the character (I never outright joined the hate bandwagon). But damn, those last two seasons really made her something special...

I like how her character develops during the course of the series. We probably care because unlike Obi Wan, Anakin, Padme, etc., we don't know what happens to her, especially after Order 66. For me, I'd like to see some kind of resolution with her character at some point.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #536
Moedred
Administrator

Sit back and watch 4 full story reels from season 7-ish...
http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/the-clone-wars-legacy

...then the Darth Maul comics TPB hits stores in October.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/The_Clone_Wars_Legacy
Old 05-04-2015, 03:43 PM   #537
Moedred
Administrator

4 new story reels emerged from the non-existent season 7.
Old 07-25-2018, 03:29 PM   #538
Moedred
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedred
the non-existent season 7
That feeling when Lucasfilm reveals something you didn't know exists: