kauai

Indy1986

hi,
i am new on the raven and i just discovered this section.
in 2002 i made a trip to the hawaiian island kauai...
it is a awesome island full of natural beauty
thats one of the reason Kauai has often been the location for many different movies not only Raiders...
for example I got to see the original site where Spielberg shot Jurassic Park.
You can still see the ground in the valley where the Raptor cage was.I felt like in the movie ...
and of course the greatest thing was to see the location where they shot Raiders....I was standing right in front of the "Paramount Mountain" that you can see in the beginning as the Paramount logo turns into a mountain....it was cool it felt like you could just react the movie lol though unlike in the movie you can't walk up to the mountain cause in the valley right in front of the mountain there are some private propreties and houses...
anyway I also got to see the river in which Indy's plane is waiting for him in the opening scene when he makes his escape from the indios...
i loved hawaii it is one of my most favourite places on earth but knowing that raiders was shot there is a big plus!!!
has anybody been on hawaii?

San Holo

Hey Indy1986, welcome to the Raven. I went to Kauai last summer, and fell in love with the place. I saw all of the Raiders filming locations, even got to run acroos the field. Did you go to Kipu Falls?

Check out some of the pictures on my thread "back from indy land" in this forum. I used to live not far from the river where the plane was parked,I used to hike in that area with my fedora on all the time,it was sweeeeet.I lived there for a few years,some of the greatest times ever. The Napali Coast in Kauai is the most beautiful hike in the world in my opinion. Later :)