Best 80's Action Flick

Short Round

Besides the Indy and the Star Wars trilogy. There are so many, such as Terminator, Die Hard, Predator, and Aliens.

Mine is definitely The Terminator.

deckard24

Wow another tough choice with waaayyyy too many movies to pick from!

Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard, Mad Max, The Road Warrior, The Running Man, Predator, Terminator, First Blood, Batman, Aliens, Conan the Barbarian, Escape from New York, Robocop, etc.........

Can't do it right now, I'll have to think about it.

horrormike

The 80's were so full of awesome action movies and horribly cheesy action movies that I can't get enough of. I love the countless ninja, vietnam, mercenary and bounty hunter movies that were just pumped out at a ridiculous rate.
But back on topic, Aliens takes the cake for me, I still watch that movie at least twice a year, and saw it three times when it initially came out :3

Eric Solo

Terminator I.

At the time, I thought Commando was awesome, but looking at it now...it's totally preposterous. Maybe that's part of the fun of it. I had (have) a big crush on Alyssa Milano so I'm biased.

HovitosKing

A time-traveling death-dealing robot assassin isn't preposterous? Actually, it's not that preposterous when you think about it...

Don Karnage

hey guys, dont click on that link above. it opens a problematic window that has nothing to do with this discussion.

edit: ive reported the post and hope moderators will take action.

Don Karnage

the 80s was a big decade for action movies and its hard to pick just one..

my favorites would have to be Die Hard, Aliens, and Terminator.

just off the top of my head. there are a lot of good ones out there though.

deckard24

Eric Solo you're right, Commando is hysterical to watch now! It's so ridiculous that it borders being a spoof like Hot Fuzz. It's on AMC all the time, and I just can't not flip by without watching a few minutes of it for some laughs.

"Remember when I told you I'd kill you last? I Lied!"

Inbanana

My favorite Commando quote was:

"slitting a little girl's throat... is like cutting warm butter"

Anyway... Krull was another cool movie.

Eric Solo

In Commando in the scene where Sully is chasing Arnold in the mall...that music is the same chase music from 48 Hours where that same actor is chasing somebody. Weird.