Sounds like the Sideshow line still has some life in it!

Billy Ray

Not sure how many of you guys follow the Sideshow Freaks boards, but there is a member there that goes by "Silent Surfer" who does some paint work for Sideshow. He recently visited and saw a lot of stuff in development. While he can't really go into specifics, he has posted a few tidbits over there, mostly in the Star Wars section. I posed the question if he had seen any Indy stuff and he had this to say...

Indy=Epic, but don't know if what I saw will be at SDCC. I sure hope so though

I know it's not much, but it's good to hear that they are still working on this line. Hopefully we do see something at SDCC...fingers crossed.

michael

Billy Ray said:
Not sure how many of you guys follow the Sideshow Freaks boards, but there is a member there that goes by "Silent Surfer" who does some paint work for Sideshow. He recently visited and saw a lot of stuff in development. While he can't really go into specifics, he has posted a few tidbits over there, mostly in the Star Wars section. I posed the question if he had seen any Indy stuff and he had this to say...

I know it's not much, but it's good to hear that they are still working on this line. Hopefully we do see something at SDCC...fingers crossed.

Temple of Doom 1/6 figure....PLEASE!

This makes for even more anticipation for Comic-Con, thanks for keeping us updated, Billy Ray!

phantom train

Sounds interesting - however, though I liked the few 12" IJ figures I got from Sideshow back in '08-'09 (IJ from Raiders, Toht (amazing figure with great accessories), Indy German Outfit, and Belloq), I'm not sure I'd be up for any more figures in this line. Sideshow's prices are quite expensive, and since you can't easily buy these in stores, having them shipped is a hassle for me as well.

Last edited:

Billy Ray

phantom train said:
Sounds interesting - however, though I liked the few 12" IJ figures I got from Sideshow back in '08-'09 (IJ from Raiders, Toht (amazing figure with great accessories), Indy German Outfit, and Belloq), I'm not sure I'd be up for any more figures in this line. Sideshow's prices are quite expensive, and since you can't easily buy these in stores, having them shipped is a hassle for me as well.

Some stores carry them. I know when we still had Suncoast video stores here, they carried Sideshow figures (not sure if they still do or not). Also, Hastings carries them. You can always check your local comic shop as well as collector's/toy/comic shows (if you have any in your area).

I usually order directly from Sideshow for "must haves" as I am impatient for the most part and am also a big fan of Sideshow and their customer service and don't mind supporting them by paying a little bit more. But I have picked up a few figures from local comic shops and a card, comic and toy show that comes through town once a quarter. There are quite a few vendors that sell SS and Hot Toys stuff and their prices are usually on par with Sideshows (minus shipping of course).

And speaking of Sideshow, and the Indly line in particular, I am wondering if the map room environment was what "Silent Surfer" was talking about or if there is any other Indy stuff in store for us at SDCC? I noticed their recent GI-Joe figures (Rock & Roll and Zartan) have "newly developed sculpted arms and necks". They look pretty nice too! Perhaps this "new technology" will be used for a Temple of Doom Indy in the near future.