National Treasure

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
When it appeared, critics said Ocean's Twelve and The Da Vinci Code would eat its lunch. But in the end National Treasure was a superior heist movie and thriller. I wonder how they plan to kidnap the president, or carry him around in a watertight tube...

Last edited by a moderator:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The spoilers appear to be true... the announced title is "National Treasure: The Book of Secrets."
I feel dirty for knowing the plot. :) Bring on the Indy 4 leaks!

roundshort

Thanks Moe, I was not a huge fan of NT but rewatched it on dvd, and it not as bad as I thought, happy to see a sequal!

DaFedora

I saw National Treasure a while ago...

Aside from the clue-decriptions and funny red-and-green specs (reminded me of WildWildWest contraptions Kevin Kline invented), didn't really like the movie... humor was at times good though.

I'm weary of a sequel. They might as well cut down the title and name it "National Trash" instead of...

And let's hope NT2 and Indy 4 won't be shown in theaters at the same time.. chances are quite real... they'll ruin themselves; especially Indy 4 will be losing ticket sales I fear. Maybe because of Ford's aged looks and Cage's teenager fanbase.

Johan

DaFedora said:
And let's hope NT2 and Indy 4 won't be shown in theaters at the same time.. chances are quite real... they'll ruin themselves; especially Indy 4 will be losing ticket sales I fear. Maybe because of Ford's aged looks and Cage's teenager fanbase.

The question is...do we really care how well Indy 4 does at the box office?? What difference does it make how much money they make. It's not going to affect how the movie is made. As long as its made and I get to see it...In fact if it does poor at the BO it will just come onto DVD SOONER!! I SAY "BRING ON THE POOR BO numbers!!"

DaFedora

Well, I'd hate to see Indy 4 becoming Lucas's second 'Howard the Duck'.
But I notice you already made your mind up about Indy 4.
I'm cautious as well, but I'm not the kind of person to torpedoe a film even before its teaser campaign.

Lucas is wealthy enough already I agree (Forbes' rates were kinda uncanny), but it's just no good in perspective of his future projects (two Star Wars series, Red Tails, the YIJC 'world history' project...).

00Kevin

Indyfan
National Treasure 2

Well, since we still have to wait a few months before indy 4, I'm excited for national treasure. the last one had good suspence and some really clever uses of historical references to add an extra layer of surprise.

This one is about the conspiracy behind Lincoln's assassination by John Wilkes Booth. I hear that they are going to kidnap the president to get their hands on the all-revealing 'Book of Secrets'. should be in for quite a good time. Anyone else planning to see it over the next few days?

Ska

My wife and I are planning to see it tomorrow night. She hates everything Indy/adventure/conspiracy related.

And because she's agreeing to go see it with me, I have to see 27 Dresses when it comes out in January. I hate everything "chick flik" related.

Marriage...it's a compromise.

;)

I'm really excited to see NT2. I really enjoyed the first one...it was a light-hearted, comical adventure movie...and was a lot of fun to watch. I'm sure this one will be the same.

Joe Brody

There's no there there when it comes to Diane Kruger. She's easy on the eyes but still. . . .

Someone tell me if her performance is better than in the first film.

Michael24

Not tonight. :(

But I'm going on Sunday for my birthday. I really enjoyed the first one and watch the DVD regularly, so I'm glad there's a second one. (Cage's first sequel, too.) I hope it does as well as the first so that they'll make a third, and possibly a series.

00Kevin

Indyfan
i saw it and enjoyed it very much! it's not shakespear and it's not Raiders, but if you liked the first one, you will like this one. More of the cleverness and uniqueness that made the first a success

Zorg

I wasn't a huge fan of the first NT, but since it's probably the closest thing to hit the screens before May, I guess I'll see it when it comes out here. Which won't be until February. (n)