The Mayan Calendar and 2012

Kingsley

But what would you prefer?
Knowing "when" the end is coming (and determining your life to that fact)?
or not knowing, and living your life as usual till the end surprisingly arrives?

AngieAki

gear guardian said:
Well, like anything you have to look at it from multiple angels.
1. people have and always will be predicting the "end of the world". People thought it was going to end in the '60's or '70's and remember Y2K? Silvia Brown, who I mentioned earlier, predicts the end of humanity in about 95 years. I have much respect for her however she is human- she makes mistakes. She could missinterperate something and get the wrong message or let her religius beliefs cloud her readings (like I believe she has on ocasion) not that she's a bad person but... she's human.
Bottom line- people always have been and always will predict the end of the world.

2. There are things and powers in this universe that we cannot see, hear, feel, touch, tast or explain and your a fool if you dont believe that. It is within the realms of posibility that the ancients knew things we dont. As my mother says:"There is no such thing as coincidence. If you think there is it just means you havent found the answer".

3. My own belief: I think that humanity is running out of time, I think that the s--- is gonna hit the fan in the up coming decades and I think it could be for a number of reasons (yes I know I said this already but...): Global warming, nuclear tensions, crazy people, alien invasion, government curruption, N.E.O's or other space matter, idiotic scientists, ect... As George Harrison wrote: "all things must pass". Humanity cant live forever- just not possible. We should just make the most of the time we have left.

Your last sentence is 100% correct gear, we should all make the most of life because we don't know when it will be taken away from us. I am not so sure about Silvia Brown being a great psychic I don't trust her. My intuition tells me that there is something wrong with her, like she is scamming people. I do believe in psychic powers but I believe that if she does have any she is exploiting them. But then maybe she is legit and that it may be a good thing that she is helping as many people as possible.

Anyway, I don't care if the world as we know it is going to end or not. I am just going to live my life one day at a time and if it happens it happens.

"I am not so sure about Silvia Brown being a great psychic"
Sylvia Brown is a scam artist, just like every other 'psychic'....

"As my mother says"
Your mother is wrong.

and now...back to the calendar. The Mayan civilization always had a few top characters that would govern the society and ceremonies. As we can see in Mel Gibsons's Apocalypto and in archeological and anthropological studies there were always a few people present at the sacrificial rituals of the maya. First ofcourse the chief or king if you will,the queen, the executioner,the unlucky native who would be beheaded,the astrologer and the shaman. The astrologer and the shaman are very connected in there relationship as far as communicating with the deity's up above or down below. The Maya had 18 different gods,some from the underworld and some from the stars above. The astrologer would chart the course of the sun,moon,galaxies and so forth,these all ofcourse relating to different gods that effected different aspects of mayan belief and actions. The shamans job was to literally talk to the deity's and to know when they are appeased and also to ask them for help during crisis either in times of drought or disease. In other words the shaman was a medium to the other world,a medicine man and conduit for higher knowledge. The many ancient glyphs of the maya have shown the shaman always dancing,praising or literally becoming a certain kind of species of mushroom. It is evident that the shaman was using this mushroom in ceremonies to contact the deitys. This mushroom has been identified by archeolgists,enthomologists and botanists as being the psylicibon cubensis strain from south america. What is interesting about this certain strain of mushroom is that its spores are coated with chitin,chitin is the hardest organic material on our planet,so strong it is that scientists say it can withstand atmosheric pressure and could actually leave our atmosphere and travel through space without being damaged,floating along on a cosmic wind until maybe hundreds of years later finding a inhabitel planet like our own. This mushroom could have come from outer space,or been brought by a higher intelligence and been seeded if you will. What is interesting about all of this is that the mushroom seems to be encoded with precious information,the only way to download the info is to consume the shroom. The shamans of south america still do so today in healing ceremonies and so do willing adventurist psychonauts all over the world. What is always revealed to these consumers of the magical mushroom is a gate way to a hidden world of collosal knowldedge and intergalactic beauty,or what the famous pyschologist carl jung would call the superconciousness,the unconciousness that connects us all,a store house of infinite info that is readily available to all of us. There is a computer program that was designed on the basis of the experience of a certain entomolgist who ate the mushroom and was contacted by interdimensional aliens or elves or whatever you want to call them,they told him,or his higher self was telling himself to build software based upon the Chinese oracle the I ching. The I ching can be used as a calendar and when divised into a a computer program and looped over and over again on itself there was a pattern that formed and also ended,this pattern showed certain events in our planets evolution, for instance, when the calendar was changed by the software into a wave form there were certain peaks in the crust of the wave that corresponded with the ice age,the brth of christ and buddha, the landing of the moon, september 11th and what is really strange is that the wave form only goes until 2012 until it starts repeating itself again. The software is called "Time Wave Zero" and was designed before the the designer new that the mayan calendar and hopi calendar ended on the same date. I myself have eaten the Sacred Mayan mushroom used by their shaman, and let me tell you it should be done with great care,respect and always in a proper safe and comfortable setting. If you have any hang ups or skeletons in your closet I do not reccomend taking it unless you have your spiritual shield and sword ready, if you are prepared get ready to be launched to another world and experience this one like you never have before. Good luck to you all,the soul is the mothership,flying through the supernova of our mind which is inside and out of us.:hat:

Last edited:
ClintonHammond said:
What a colossal load of New-Age pigswallop
Ah yes! good to be chatting with you again clinton, actually "pigswallop" is exactly what is needed to grow the strain of psylicibon strain of fungi in your own household. The Celts and vikings were also known for preserving this magical mushroom in Mead decoctions throughout the ages. I would suggest that you pull yourself away from the video game strata and get back to nature by trying some, because as you know video games cause not only epilepsy but attetion defecit disorder and what the "new age" really needs to save this planet is to put down the console and to get back to nature. As a folk musician I would think you would be able to atleast begin to understand this concept of galactic healing. :hat:

Just because I'm a folk musician, don't make the mistake of thinking I'm a frigg'n dough-brained hippy.

Or, as a famous folky said
"Talk New Age all you want
It's Old Age gonna get ya in the end."

AngieAki

gear guardian said:
"Dough brained" hippys changed the world. Ninepines right we need to help ourselves.
I don't understand how people can hate hippies. Is it because they don't understand them? Probably. They are ignorant of who and what hippies really are. We hate and are afraid of what we do not understand. Some people like being negative, it makes me sad for them.

Gear

STOLEN WANGS?!... What ever turns you on... I... guess...

And "Which ones"? Almost all of them. You people call them "dough brained" but some of them really did good.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
gear guardian said:
STOLEN WANGS?!... What ever turns you on... I... guess...

And "Which ones"? Almost all of them. You people call them "dough brained" but some of them really did good.

Like killing the Democratic Party? Yeah, good for them there.

Extremism from any source requires a lot more of an argument in its favor than just "yeah, we rock."

Kingsley

Original hippys are now over 50 years old...
most of them lost their extremism because life isn't a flower power ride.
I like the "Ballad of Jack & Rose" approach to the hippy subject.

Gear

Attila the Professor said:
Like killing the Democratic Party? Yeah, good for them there.

Extremism from any source requires a lot more of an argument in its favor than just "yeah, we rock."

Or preaching acceptance, and "a time for peace a time for war" and in some cases, expanding ones concsienceness. True, some were in it for the sex, drugs and rock n' roll or just the rebellion but the true ones wanted a revolution.

Any way, what were we talking about?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
gear guardian said:
Or preaching acceptance, and "a time for peace a time for war" and in some cases, expanding ones concsienceness. True, some were in it for the sex, drugs and rock n' roll or just the rebellion but the true ones wanted a revolution.

Any way, what were we talking about?

A exclusionary form of acceptance though, in many cases, and a force often times more destructive than constructive by its very nature. And Jefferson to the contrary, I'm not sure that a little revolution now and then actually is a good thing. In America, we got lucky with ours. France? Russia? China? Not nearly as much. And those are the ones officially designated as such. Any movement that manages to create that much ill will without any clear benefit becomes highly suspect to me. And if you want to talk about apocalyptic fervor, the utopianism of the hippie movement is, in fact, pretty darned related.