Where is "Shia is Indy's son" confirmed?

No Ticket

sarah navarro said:
I really hope so,its more ridiculous than short round(which is a pretty cool name ,but still ridiculous):whip:

Short round always makes me want one of those little debbie snack cakes. Ya know. lol. Fudgerounds. Mmmmm.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
It's not a terrible rumour though. Look at the Comic Con video on the official site. It clearly says Mutt on his jacket. Same on the behind the scenes videos with Shia in costume. Even my mother turned white and said, "No way, I'm seeing this movie. DVD maybe, but no way at the cinema." This basically means my family won't go. My Dad and brother refuse to go to a movie without Mum. I've convinced someone else at least, just because of Shia.

Michael24

Oh, jeez. Refusing to go see a movie just because of a character's name? Pffft! When you think about it, Indiana is just as strange a name as Mutt or Han.

nzlc

Its interesting his nickname is mutt i cant imagine indy yelling that out but i wonder why he gets called mutt?

Vendetta08

Because it's Lucas's way of stupidly naming Shia's character after a dog. He probably think it's slick when it's really dumb.

I've never even heard of a dog named Mutt, someone would have to be stupid to name a dog that. It's like naming a cat "feline."

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Actually my Mum had cats when she was a kid. One called, "Kitty" and the other, well use your imagination. Why wouldn't one call a dog, "Mutt" if not for the humour?

Besides maybe his full name is "Muttley." (Like that dog sidekick of Dick Dastardly in those Hanna Barbera cartoons where they all race against each other). :p

Alexandria

I just saw "transformers", and now have decieded that I STILL like the idea of Shia being Indy's son. I mean it makes some sense, considering his relationship with Marion. I believe Shia has a great respect for the series and will use his good ( arguably great) acting chops to pull it off. :) I'm an optimist I guess. He can play funny, jaded, angry, hurt, sensitive. I have faith in him. As long as the writers write in a way that doesn't insult our intelligence, I'm fine with it.

salussolia said:
i bet indiana jones
will call shia mathew or matt

instead of mutt

and hell be like its mutt

haha

That's about the worst idea ever. And I sincerely hope it's not the case. I'm still holding against hope that they didn't go for the damned father-son angle again.

sunshinestate1992

ResidentAlien said:
That's about the worst idea ever. And I sincerely hope it's not the case. I'm still holding against hope that they didn't go for the damned father-son angle again.
i was being sarcasting i know its horrible

i dont want them to doo that either

Indy4fan

If u read the teaser transcript, the last shot is Shia nearly falling off a Ravine and Indy grabbing him. Could it be reminiscent of Henry Jones and his son? Shia could be the son of Marion and Indy.