Has Paramount released the movie on Youtube for free?

Stoo

Pale Horse said:
Not in my part of town...
Hmm?I suppose the Swiss are much more uptight about violence & gore than I thought! Oddly enough, the block didn't happen last week when I wasn't "signed in". Anyone else getting this same message?:confused:

(YouTube definitely recognizes where a viewer is located because I've noticed that their ads before videos change according to whatever country).

Crack that whip

Hey, all. I know it's been a while. :hat: I think the last time I posted was right before Disney bought Lucasfilm, and I wanted to post a big long thing about that but never found the time, and then kept putting off coming back for anything else until after I could make the time to address that, and, well... you know how it is. :eek: Anyway, the combo of having been away too long combined with this and other recent developments have finally pulled me back. I'll try to stick around.

Forbidden Eye said:
It comes full circle! Indy 4 use to be just a bunch a speculation on the internet, now you can see it for free on the internet! Times change rapidly.

Seriously, I can't watch the video on my iPad, so it only works for computers and not handheld devices like iPhones and iPads, so it's not like you can watch the movie "anywhere", at least not yet.

OTOH, I can watch it on my own iPad; I don't know what's up between yours and mine. Strangeness. Nothing compared to Paramount putting the whole thing up there in the first place, of course, but odd all the same.

jsarino

I seem to watch it fine on my Android devices (Nexus 5 and 7 respectively). *shrugs*

Could Paramount have done this to pump up interest on a possible Indy 5?

Finn

Staff member
jsarino said:
Could Paramount have done this to pump up interest on a possible Indy 5?
Kinda difficult to see why they would something like that with an IP that is now fully Disney property.

Stoo

I went to check something quickly on the "Skull" upload and it won't play, even when logged into my YouTube account. Instead, there is a small green rectangle that says, "Rent", and when clicked on, nothing happens.

Is it no longer free?:confused: (I already have 4 DVD releases of the movie so this doesn't bother me but am curious.)

Pale Horse

Staff member
Stoo said:
I went to check something quickly on the "Skull" upload and it won't play, even when logged into my YouTube account.

'Tis truly blocked, now. At least in the area around Tinsletown.

jsarino

Stoo said:
I went to check something quickly on the "Skull" upload and it won't play, even when logged into my YouTube account. Instead, there is a small green rectangle that says, "Rent", and when clicked on, nothing happens.

Is it no longer free?:confused: (I already have 4 DVD releases of the movie so this doesn't bother me but am curious.)

For me, it now shows a non-smiley face, and says "This video is not available in your country. Sorry about that." I'm in the US, so does this mean it's still free at other parts of the world?

Like Stoo, I already have the movie in DVD and Blu Ray anyways, but makes me wonder what the point of it being free initially? I still stand from my earlier post that Paramount is pumping interest on ID5...or at least that's my wish. ;)