Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
VP said:
search session has expired
Fixed it (I think).

As the Secret of the Sphinx book notes explain, the staffs of Moses and Aaron are often confused. CHUD still thinks it will be Staff of Moses. See the discussion here. Get ready for dozens of posts next year: "Stuck in SOK, help!"

San Holo

Does anyone know how the Staff will factor into Indy's adventure-will it be the mcguffin, or will it lead the way to it like the Ra Headpiece in Raiders?

Attila the Professor

Staff member
San Holo said:
Does anyone know how the Staff will factor into Indy's adventure-will it be the mcguffin, or will it lead the way to it like the Ra Headpiece in Raiders?

It's an actual artifact, as actual as artifacts of this sort can be, anyhow...it's likely the MacGuffin.

peterlally

Just to be a pain "Staff of Kings" is a Lucasfilm Trademark NOT a Lucasarts one. Its probably a new novel in the wake of Indy 4 or a playset or something or Indy 5 :D I cant explain the software bit though!!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
About the only thing they've filed this decade under Lucasarts is the Lucasarts name and logo... Video games and everything else are filed under Lucasfilm. Because Lucas loves celluloid film so much.

Mods, does theRaider want to break the SOK story?

Last edited:

peterlally

Yeh your right. Just been poking around. There is also a Trademark for a KOTCS Game as well. Then again there are TM's for KOTCS Pyjamas as well. Lame...

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The list of possible merchandise was so amusing I posted it. I think the lawyers have been building this list since the 70's. KOTCS checkbook covers, jogging suits, leotards, tennis wear, tights, unitards, visors, parlor games, pinball machines, and roller skates? These are more likely to be Indy movie props... or MacGuffins!

San Holo

Steve Sansweet's giving a Lucasfilm presentation at the Dallas SciFi Expo tomorrow. I might check in and see if he's got any info on Staff of Kings..

Hasbro will be there too, wonder if they will have any Indy figures(y)

peterlally

San Holo said:
Steve Sansweet's giving a Lucasfilm presentation at the Dallas SciFi Expo tomorrow. I might check in and see if he's got any info on Staff of Kings..

Hasbro will be there too, wonder if they will have any Indy figures(y)

And...........

San Holo

peterlally said:
And...........
Not a damn thing....just a bunch of extremely old news that I had heard in here months ago. Did you know they are doing a Star Wars tv series:rolleyes: That kind of stuff. I did get to see the Elvis Tooper mack on some hot teenage Princess Leias' though, so that cheered me up a bit.
slave-I.jpg

Last edited:

metalinvader

To derail the topic even more....
Anyone see that episode of American Idol (Not that I watch that garbage) where some contestant was wearing the metal bikini...Said contestant was also a fat dude....:sick:

peterlally

No its still on, have you not seen the title on the main Lucasarts page with the next gen indy doing the whipping... so cool, next to Lego Indy.

Indiana Jones Prepares for his next gen adventure... and you seen Indy watching the Golden Gate bridge being constructed. :whip: Whipass!

xfkirsten

As long as it gets a Wii release, I'll be happy. That's the only remotely current system I still have. ;) (PC aside, my next newest console is a Sega Genesis ;))