Votes: 14 50.0%
  • no i will wait for blu-ray

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • i bought just one of them

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

indyclone25

did you buy the special editions? did you buy them in the collected set or individuals? or will you wait til they come out with a four disc set that has kotcs?

indyclone25

i bout them all as singles --i likefd the bigger dvd case not the thin ones that came in the collected version --- but i was like that with star wars dvds, too----- and i even sent away for the free indy raiders dvd from the cereal offer --- lol yeah i'm that way too

TheMutt92

Should've excluded the blu-ray part on the choices, just to be open to all voters (I don't plan on getting blu-ray till either its cheaper, or I absolutly have to!).

Hawkeye

Yes, I bought the Special Editions in the box set; Wish I had just bought the singles, though. I hate the thinner boxes; makes it look like the set should have been cheaper. (n)

reverendB

Yup. I bought 'em. I have the 2003 set in wide and full screen, and for some reason (I'm chalking it up to the new "special features" I had to have these as well. Target was selling them for 10 bucks a piece so...I don't feel bad about it.

indyclone25

i bought them for the extras also--- if the released them in october with more i will buy those too --- i need to go to "ia" indyholics anonymous

Goonie

I got the 2003 sets too. I got the 2008 ones individually at Walmart because they were the cheapest there ($13) and they had the lenticular covers. However, I don't buy everything, maybe I would if I had more money, but with the price of gas these days... ;)

Crack that whip

indyclone25 said:
i was thinking of adding a fourth option but couldnt figure out what to put down

Perhaps one of these would've worked:

"No, I'm waiting for the set of all four movies"

"Not yet, but I plan to do so"

"Technically, no - someone else bought them for me"

"No, I won them in a contest"

"I stole them"

"I prefer to rent DVDs / check them out from a library, rather than buying them outright"

"What's a DVD?"

"I watch them only when I can see 35mm film prints, so as to not spoil them by overviewing while simultaneously ensuring each viewing I do get is of the highest possible quality"

"I just ate some grapes (bogus option to see if you're paying attention)"

Jonesy9906753

im sticking with the 2003 set,Lucas and co. wont get any of my money for something he already sold to me and indyfans alike,from what i hear the new set is exactly the same as the other set,except some "special features"

Crack that whip

Jonesy9906753 said:
from what i hear the new set is exactly the same as the other set,except some "special features"

If by that you mean "completely and totally different from the other set, except for the movies," then yes. :p ;) They do have the same movies, but all the extras are totally different.

The new ones actually have more extras, but the 2003 box appears to have the more substantial ones, and is most likely the set to get if you're going to have just one.

No Ticket

Crack that whip said:
If by that you mean "completely and totally different from the other set, except for the movies," then yes. :p ;) They do have the same movies, but all the extras are totally different.

The new ones actually have more extras, but the 2003 box appears to have the more substantial ones, and is most likely the set to get if you're going to have just one.

I have the old boxset (2003 version)... and I contemplated purchasing the new set... but are there special features REALLY worth it?

I'm thinking of waiting for Blu-Ray or something.

Crack that whip

Whether the features are worth it depends on the value you place on said features (and what price you can get the discs for).

I personally do want them, but I'm hoping the new extras will be on the eventual Blu-ray release; I'm hoping when they hit Blu-ray they'll have everything from both the '03 box and the new discs, so that we'll have a single, comprehensive release (perhaps with additional extras as well). There's no telling whether it'll happen that way, of course...

Indy's Fist

I was totally underwhelmed by the so-called "special editions". I'll get them someday, maybe. Perhaps when they are under $10 each. I was hoping there would be deleated scenes, then I'll part with my money.