Indy 4 Blu-ray DVD

Shortie

I can't wait for October. Indy, Hulk & IM (close enough to October) DVDs in the same month. Then TDK hopefully in early November. (y)

vf wing

James said:
I'm sure one day we'll see a truly comprehensive release that includes all the vintage Making Ofs, deleted scenes, etc.

If that ever happens (and it'd be great), i don't expect it in my lifetime. There are only so many extras to go around on the 80's pictures. The trend so far has been to parcel out just a few extras with each re-release, so there is at least a little something new to motivate fan interest in movies they likely already own. Releasing them all together hampers their own market for future releases.

iLUVINDY

The Best Buy Exclusive Gift Set is available for pre-order and "IN-STORE PICK UP" online. These sets are prob. coming in limited numbers to each store so I think you should pre-order (y)

RedeemedChild

Any solid news of a next Indiana Jones movie yet? All I've heard is that Harrison Ford and Shia are signed on for another movie.

WeAreGoingToDie

Does the Best Buy exclusive gift set come with the 1 or 2 disc version?
Also, if anybody knows this, does the DVD in the set include the slip cover? Nothing is more ugly than a DVD sans slip cover.

iLUVINDY

WeAreGoingToDie said:
Does the Best Buy exclusive gift set come with the 1 or 2 disc version?
Also, if anybody knows this, does the DVD in the set include the slip cover? Nothing is more ugly than a DVD sans slip cover.

it includes the 2-Disc Edition and about the slipcover??? I think it should, since its a Gift Set (y)

digitalfreaknyc

Kingdom Blu-ray review

Hey all,

Got my review copy for this on Friday and have just been able to delve into it this afternoon.

This is my "quick and dirty" review.

Already watched the film and the first disc of extras.

The video is fantastic, I have to say. Audio-wise, the bass is killer...but the levels were very different from other discs. I had to raise it about 10db higher than I usually do for other movies.

There's a great new THX trailer on here as well.

FYI, the interactive timeline is just that...but it doesn't run in conjunction with the film (profile 1.1). It's a completely separate feature.

There are 2 trailers...no TV spots. The teaser trailer is (I believe) the international version with the guns pointed upwards.

Man, there are a ton of clips from the first 3 movies in HD and it's killing me!!! We need them now!!!

All of the interviews seem to be done "on-set" and are EPK style, unfortunately. I'm hoping that changes a bit when I get to the 2nd disc.

All of the clips in the timeline are extremely short. Think 10-30 seconds.

Agent Z

digitalfreaknyc said:
The video is fantastic, I have to say. Audio-wise, the bass is killer...but the levels were very different from other discs. I had to raise it about 10db higher than I usually do for other movies.

I'm hoping that the Blu-ray video blows away the standard dvd's quality. I'm hoping/expecting reference quality, without crappy DNR issues coming up.

digitalfreaknyc said:
There are 2 trailers...no TV spots. The teaser trailer is (I believe) the international version with the guns pointed upwards.

This is disappointing. So, we only get the Valentine's Day teaser (AKA as Trailer #1) and Trailer #2?! Not a single tv spot?! (n)

digitalfreaknyc said:
All of the interviews seem to be done "on-set" and are EPK style, unfortunately. I'm hoping that changes a bit when I get to the 2nd disc.

Extras were listed in HD. Does that appear to be the case as you have started previewing them?

Thanks for the quick sneak peak! (y)

digitalfreaknyc

Agent Z said:
I'm hoping that the Blu-ray video blows away the standard dvd's quality. I'm hoping/expecting reference quality, without crappy DNR issues coming up.

This is disappointing. So, we only get the Valentine's Day teaser (AKA as Trailer #1) and Trailer #2?! Not a single tv spot?! (n)

Extras were listed in HD. Does that appear to be the case as you have started previewing them?

Thanks for the quick sneak peak! (y)

I have to say that, upon first viewing, the movie looks much more CG than I remember it in theaters. Who knows?

Actually, the trailers are listed as B and C. There is no Trailer A. I haven't found out if they mention why that is.

Extras are all in HD.

QBComics

digitalfreaknyc said:
Nope. It's a bunch of different flowers blooming and making a different note as they do. Pretty cool.

Ah, thanks. Have you viewed any of the CGI documents? I can't wait for those :D.

digitalfreaknyc

QBComics said:
Ah, thanks. Have you viewed any of the CGI documents? I can't wait for those :D.

I've only viewed a couple of the featurettes on disc 2. It seems the Production Diary is the longest of all the pieces and the others are ancillary.

What were you looking for specifically?

Agent Z

digitalfreaknyc said:
I have to say that, upon first viewing, the movie looks much more CG than I remember it in theaters. Who knows?

Actually, the trailers are listed as B and C. There is no Trailer A. I haven't found out if they mention why that is.

Extras are all in HD.

Thanks! (y)

HD Disc News Review

The Man

digitalfreaknyc said:
Man, there are a ton of clips from the first 3 movies in HD and it's killing me!!! We need them now!!!

Indeed we do! Which shots of the movies did they show..?

Darth Vile

It sounds, from the reviews, like the features are actually better than I originally feared. Seems they go into some depth (specifically the production diary content).

I'm really eager to hear the audio mix on my set up too... as I was really disappointed with the frail audio in cinemas.

Forbidden Eye

I already asked this in the DVD thread, but since no one answered it, I'm hoping Blu-Ray savy people will help me.

Forbidden Eye said:
Off-topic question: Blu-Ray discs don't have menus right?

Because I just got a Blu-Ray player with my first Blu-Ray(Nightmare Before Christmas) and it just lists all the bonus features on the main menu.

Just a Buena Vista thing? :confused:

Darth Vile

Forbidden Eye said:
I already asked this in the DVD thread, but since no one answered it, I'm hoping Blu-Ray savy people will help me.

My B.R. discs seem to... Although some are more interactive than others.

Agent Z

Another positive review for the presentation, if not for the film itself: HDD

I am concerned about the grain removal comment though. That would definitely explain why the film's CGI stands out more for digitalfreak I think. :(