Band Geeks

~KAT~

Are there any other band geeks on here? I know I am one... I have been playing the clarinet for almost 5 years. :D Please share!

Feel free to move/lock if need be.

~KAT~

That's awesome! Are you in a highschool band...?

I am a freshman.... a "Worthless, pathedic little freshman" <-- as quoted by a fellow clarinetist... Oi... I hate people like that.

Tomorrow is our last band concert-- We are playing Raiders March. :D *yay*

lol. We were joking around today, and I called it "Raiders of the Lost March".... made my conductor laugh.

Nice to see a fellow band geek around!

metalinvader

What about this guy?

indysax.jpg

|ZiR|

I dated a closeted band geek once.

He'd always bring his trumpet on dates (OMGWTF its not like this was after practice or ranything; he just showed up with it), and this one time he asked me if I'd like for him to play me something. Mind now, this was our fifth time out and this is the first time he's taken the thing out of its case, or even mentioned it directly. That's not strange!

Being an amicable fellow I took him up on the offer and suggested that Chuck Mangione song, Feels So Good. Because really -- what other mainstream trumpet song is there?

Not only did he not know how to play the song, but he didn't even know who Chuck Mangione is.

metalinvader said:
What about this guy?

Harrison Ford is one of the few people who can make the saxophone look cool. :cool:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I went out with one in high school *cringe*

What's worse... He was a flute player and he went to the school band camp!!!

I did play the glockenspiel for a bit. I'm really a solo piano player, I dabble a bit when I'm not busy playing Disney tunes.

WillKill4Food

Violet Indy said:

I did play the glockenspiel for a bit. I'm really a solo piano player, I dabble a bit when I'm not busy playing Disney tunes.
Ouch! I know a few of those. You mean he was straight?
Nah, I'm not a band nerd. I am, sadly, a JSA nerd.

Lord_glavin

I play bass/guitar in a post-rock band and used to play in a metal band wya back in high school, does that count?

I can also play a mean cow bell

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
WillKill4Food said:
Ouch! I know a few of those. You mean he was straight?
Nah, I'm not a band nerd. I am, sadly, a JSA nerd.

More than just straight. He was such a man-whore. He cheated on me. It's pretty humilating. I'm really bad at picking them!lol.

~KAT~

Violet Indy said:

QUOTE]

Not all band geeks are bad... But I agree you can have some weirdos... One guy I have known for a few years (plays clarinet, and sax... and PICCHOLO!!)

He heard the piccholo (sp?) and said "That piccolo is way out of tune. HERE's how you play C#."

It was crazy. Turns out he is gay...

anyways, getting off topic.

IndySeven

I'm in my high school Orchestra, where I play the violin, and I also play the piano and the guitar (I can play piano pretty well, guitar not so well!):)

Played the piano since I was 6, violin since I was 10, and guitar (periodically and pretty badly) since 11 or 12.:)

Indy Geek

One time at BayCamp I met a girl that stuck a flute in....err never mind (American Pie thoughts)...

I´m more a Didjeridoo player!

Cheers!

indifan101

Proud member of the Hilliard Darby Marching Band with the 2nd best drumline in the nation! Boner pride! (trombones!) lol:rolleyes:

Indy Geek

LOL! For a momento got me with a wierd look:confused: :D
I was reading the post, and I mistakenly read "Proud member of the Hillary Clinton Marching Band".:sick:

Don´t know why this came to my mind! I´m not a american voter, not even american. Must be somthing I saw on the TVNew..:cool:

~KAT~

Indy Geek said:
LOL! For a momento got me with a wierd look:confused: :D
I was reading the post, and I mistakenly read "Proud member of the Hillary Clinton Marching Band".:sick:

XD I thought that for a minute, too. :p