A Sequel At Long Last: Hope or Epic Fail?

RedeemedChild

Star Wars Classic Sequel: A New Hope or Hope Dashed?

GENTGPRLEIAR2D2!GENTG-5712061.jpg

Out of all the rubbish that gets circulated on the internet one doesn't know what to believe these days.

However George Lucas has saved us the trouble this time because the dubious genius of a movie creator has recruited Seth Green (Family Guy), Dave Filoni and Nickelodeon's Todd Grimes (Back on the Barnyard) and Nick Jr's Jennifer Hill (The Backyardians) to craft a new Star Wars animated television series that is according to Steve Sansweet a seuqel of sorts to Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi.

Now with all due respect to Seth Green, he did do a great job as Todo 360 in Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 2 Episode I. However, his work on Robot Chicken gave me the "tribbles" as in disgusting. Now the Family Guy Star Wars parodies were a far flung five times better than his DISREPECTFUL Robot Chicken takes on Star Wars. Besides, Stewie and Brian were adorable as Chewie and Darth Vader.

jawac.jpg

Okay, so now that we've got all that out of the way one must wonder "Which show is Lucas talking about?" as there are AT LEST five different Star Wars shows that George Lucas is developing simitanously at Lucasfilm Animation including the live action "Rise of the Empire" Era Star Wars program.

Below are links to the exciting or not so exciting news as Seth Green says that the series will have a slightly "irreverent tone". Mercy! Has Lucas gone all but mad? Is he milking Star Wars IN THE NAME OF MONEY at the painful expense of loyal Star Wars fans? Is this a sign of the end of age folks?

productDetail.png

May the Force Be With You! Always

http://starwars.com/fans/media/newseries_announcement/index.html

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/19...d-series-will-be-a-return-of-the-jedi-sequel/

http://www.newsinfilm.com/2010/04/18/new-animated-star-wars-episodes-are-sequels/

Montana Smith

This sounds good. I liked the irreverent tone that Seth MacFarlane took with the Star Wars sketches in Family Guy and in his Blue Harvest parody. It's a sort of 'respectful irreverence', the act of making fun of something he really loves.

When MacFarlane met Lucas he was surprised to find that Lucas was a fan of all the jokes at the expense of Star Wars, and was all in favour of making Blue Harvest. In interviews Lucas can be pretty self-deprecating about his own work, but then, he can afford to be!

RedeemedChild

Montana Smith said:
This sounds good. I liked the irreverent tone that Seth MacFarlane took with the Star Wars sketches in Family Guy and in his Blue Harvest parody. In interviews Lucas can be pretty self-deprecating...

Tell me about self-deprecating! I mean, sometimes I wonder if George Lucas has been drinking happy juice or if it's a serious sideeffect of getting to old. I mean George Lucas can't seem to even make good decisions at various times. Fans have been PLEADING for a Knights of the Old Republic TV show but instead he gives us a Old Republic MMORPG. Then when his project "Red Tails" is just about to be completed he fires the developing team and begins making it OVER all OVER AGAIN from the beginning.

At lest James Cameron is getting Avatar done while he is young so hopefully he won't ruin it in his senior years. The only reason Star Trek was a not a failure I think is because JJ Abrams was guided by Leonard Nimoy and under the pain critique of hard core Trekkies. But as for Lucas, he won't even acknowledge us fans almost or so it seems at times. Lucas follows the money and not the voice of us, the ones who've followed Star Wars through thick and thin and now into the merky swamps of money hungry antics.

I did like the Star Wars Blue Harvest/ Something, Something Darkside as well. I just wised they had left out the "cowboy butt sex comment" and the freaky gay Kenobi guy. At lest Seth Green has assured us nothing like that will be in this animated program or I'd take him to task lol.

RedeemedChild said:
Tell me about self-deprecating! I mean, sometimes I wonder if George Lucas has been drinking happy juice or if it's a serious sideeffect of getting to old. I mean George Lucas can't seem to even make good decisions at various times. Fans have been PLEADING for a Knights of the Old Republic TV show but instead he gives us a Old Republic MMORPG. Then when his project "Red Tails" is just about to be completed he fires the developing team and begins making it OVER all OVER AGAIN from the beginning.

Go get a dictionary.

RedeemedChild

ResidentAlien said:
And you don't even know what you're laughing about.

We're laughing too. Not with you, mind you. We're laughing at you.

Resident Alien do you always have to be hostile? I never say anything to hurt or offend you yet you're always saying nasty things to me? What's up? Eh?

Now could we stay on topic and discuss the matter of Star Wars? Please?

Montana Smith

ResidentAlien said:
And you don't even know what you're laughing about.

We're laughing too. Not with you, mind you. We're laughing at you.

Ah, succinct, and very true.

I feel the need to quote from the 'good' series:

Peter: You should've heard them laughing at me, Lois. I got great ideas, but they look at me, and all they see is a loser. Except that guy with the lazy eye. He sees a loser and the snack machine.

(Family Guy - The King is Dead)

And now back on topic:

Peter: This is the story of Star Wars. Let's begin with part four.

You hear that? Sounds like we're being boarded from the rear.

(Family Guy - Blue Harvest)

JuniorJones

TR.N Staff Member
RedeemedChild said:
Resident Alien do you always have to be hostile? I never say anything to hurt or offend you yet you're always saying nasty things to me? What's up? Eh?

Now could we stay on topic and discuss the matter of Star Wars? Please?

ResidentAlien was a young jedi, who was a pupil of a moderator until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi posters. He betrayed and murdered most people this board. He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil.

Now the Jedi posters are all but extinct except you, young RedeemedChild but you cannot escape your destiny. You must face RedeemedChild again.

Your our only hope.

Duuh Duuh da da da Duuh Duuh da da da Duuh Duuh dun-dun-dun-duuuuh!

Montana Smith

JuniorJones said:
ResidentAlien was a young jedi, who was a pupil of a moderator until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi posters. He betrayed and murdered most people this board. He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil.

Now the Jedi posters are all but extinct except you, young RedeemedChild but you cannot escape your destiny. You must face RedeemedChild again.

:D

JuniorJones said:
Your our only hope.

:confused:

If I believed in God, I think the apt term would be:

"God, help us!" :eek:

RedeemedChild

LOL. You guys are so funny Montana and Junior Jones. Man, looks like we've got our own comedic Star Wars event going here.

I also wonder what the title of the next Family Guy Star Wars parody will be? Return of the Griffins?

BTW have you guys seen the Zillo Beast episodes of Star Wars The Clone Wars yet? It's a straight out call to godzilla. No wonder people have been saying that Star Wars The Clone Wars is better than the prequels!

RedeemedChild

We know that the live action Star Wars series will focus on the life of the adolescent Boba Fett thanks to information from Lucasfilm.

Well I'm quite sure that the live action show has a good chance of being previewed at the Celebration V event in Florida due to the following trailer.

Rise of Boba Fett: Star Wars The Clone Wars S2 Finale

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzONoFVr_yY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzONoFVr_yY&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

BTW I sure hope that Zoey Deschanel will receive a role in the live action Star Wars television series.

Last edited: