Who is Mike F. Thompson?

Plaristes

I just received in the mail a copy of the German Young Indy novelization Pancho Villa. Mexiko 1916. I knew it was written by Mike F. Thompson, who I assumed is a German. However, I was surprised to see that the book claims it was written by Mike F. Thompson but then translated into German by a Michael Kubiak. So, was this book originally written in English? If so, why was it never published untranslated?

TheFirebird1

Plaristes said:
So, was this book originally written in English? If so, why was it never published untranslated?
Thread bump! (y). To answer your question, as someone who works in the world of writing, it can be commonplace for certain books to never see the light of day in certain countries for multiple reasons (i.e. there isn't a suitable market, or even something as simple as print delays/publishing issues). I can only assume that some unforeseen circumstance forced the original book (written in English) to go unpublished, while localized editions (like the German version) could've made their print date and gone out.