News from the London Book Fair

walker

Hello everyone
Last week I attended the London Book Fair (working, but still fun) and got a really cool sneak preview of several new Indianda Jones books. One we knew about but which hasn't been released. The other handful have not yet been announced, but should be soon. Here's a rundown:

1) The Lost Journal of Indiana Jones
This was really nice. I will definitely get this. A lot of care went into the design of this thing - not just the look of the book, mind you, but the written content as well. The first random page I turned to was written the day that Indy thought Marion had been killed in Cairo (must have written it while he was drinking and Belloq shows up). Really interesting as it was more about how Indy felt about things as much as treasure hunting clues and maps and such. Very much had a diary feel to it, and a more interesting read because of it.

2) Indiana Jones Interactive Sound Book & Game (ISBN 9781412792684)
You've probably seen these before. They're the oversized board books that include a computer chip that makes all sorts of sounds based on specific buttons running along the side of the book. The one on display was shrinkwrapped and I wasn't allowed to open it. The guy working the booth said they weren't allowed to because of spoilers. Interestingly, when I went back to check out The Lost Journal a second time, they had removed it from display for that exact same reason. I wonder if there was a Lucas-related employee walking the show floor, enforcing non-disclosure agreements with the various publishers?

3) Indiana Jones & the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Adventure Pack (ISBN 9781847503275)
This was the biggest surprise for me. There were several new sticker kits on display at this booth (and not the sticker books that have been on Amazon for months either). But I didn't bother to write down descriptions as they were just random sticker collections and nothing more. However the adventure pack stood out. It included the following:
Two double sided wipe clean "scenes" (A jungle and a temple if I remember correctly.)
Reusable stickers (for the scene pages)
A big poster
Another poster to color
A "press out" action figure (Indy, naturally)
A height chart (what the??)

Yeah, I don't get the height chart either, but this skewed pretty young, so I suppose it's for kids who are in that initial growth spurt phase. Weird.

Like I said, there were two or three other sticker collections as well, but very no frills, just the stickers.

That's it. Be on the lookout for these things. If that latter two don't make it to the States for some reason (many licensed products never do), try to find them on Amazon.co.uk.

That's it!
walker

I'm so looking forward to that Lost Journal, I'd really love to see pictures, funny, the lack of publicity regarding it, usually we'd have pics of pages, or even a few leaked copies with scans on the internet. Bah. Well I've ordered it anyway. Can't wait.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
If I had been in your position, walker I would have read the last page of the journal. :p I would have skimmed through right to 1957. ;)

|ZiR|

Violet Indy said:
If I had been in your position, walker I would have read the last page of the journal. :p I would have skimmed through right to 1957. ;)

I know! Walker must have crazy self control. Or maybe, just maybe, he did read the section on KotCS and he's holdin' out on us.

I mean, honestly! Who could resist?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
If he's holding out on us, he must be feeling pretty brave. Now where's my frying pan?

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
SKAbatula said:
haha

Are you Violet Indy or Violent Indy?

I have multiple personalities. Violent Indy is one of them. :p

I seriously can't believe your self-control, walker! I would so spoil it for myself.