I REALLY hope Indy V is like the Last Crusade

blueoakleyz

I know everyone loves Raiders but for me it was just a bit too 'rough' in multiple ways and lacked the sense of warmth I got from the Last Crusade. Maybe hard to explain?

but the LC was my favorite. Brilliantly written with 3 great supporting characters (Brody, Sallah and especially Henry). Lines like I'm as human as the next man... I WAS the next man.. and just perfect chemistry and acting. It had its humorous moments but NOTHING was silly like in the Crystal Skull.

Now I'm not saying they should try to replicate it precisely because when people do that it usually fails (Star Trek Nemesis tried to replicate Wrath of Khan for example) but I really hope they bring back the same people for the same kind of 'magic'. It DID work when they brought back the crew for Star Trek 6 (compared to Star Trek 2).

Indy's brother

Well I was just thinking today about the pattern of these films. One of which is that it seems that if Skull is the first of a new trilogy, then a prequel would be the next film. Also, Indy rides a horse every other film, so he's due in the next one, which could give you a little of your LC fix. Also, since many here (including myself) would like to see a snow-bound Indy (at least for some of the film), how about something like this trailer for The Searchers?: http://www.afi.com/10top10/moviedetail.aspx?id=53577&thumb=1

Between 29 and 24 seconds in is a beautiful shot Mr. Speilberg could use for inspiration!

Crusade>Raiders

I was hoping Indy V would come and redeem Indy 4, like LC did with Doom(Even though all 3 films are awesome, but stick with me).

Most people think Raiders = awesomeness

Temple = mixed opinions

Last Crusade = awesomeness

Kingdom = mixed opinions

Indy V = awesomeness?

QBComics

Crusade>Raiders said:

Temple = mixed opinions

Kingdom = mixed opinions

Indy V = awesomeness?

I'm hoping this is right. I don't want V to be a dissapointment (if we get it ;) )

Indy&HanFan

Crusade>Raiders said:
I was hoping Indy V would come and redeem Indy 4, like LC did with Doom(Even though all 3 films are awesome, but stick with me).

Temple = mixed opinions

Kingdom = mixed opinions

Indy V = awesomeness?

i hope that's what happens

James

I hope Indy 5 is approached the same way the first 4 were. In other words, I don't want it to be limited to what has come before.