Indy vs. _______ battle game

Goodeknight

Okay, simple setup, like "My dad could beat up your dad."

Pit Indy vs. someone and pick a winner. Give some reasoning. For example:

Indy vs. Captain Kirk: Kirk wins, because he knows that secret double-fist strike they teach you at Star Fleet Academy (the supermove you can use to whoop a Klingon).

Indy vs. Jason Bourne: Indy wins, because Matt Damon is a total non-action-hero dork.

Indy vs. Martin Riggs (Mel Gibon in Lethal Weapon): Riggs wins. Great shot and he crazy good with martial arts.

Indy vs. Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible): Indy wins, because Tom Cruise is a total weenie who weighs about a hundred pounds.

Indy vs. John Rambo: Rambo wins, strong and tough, he could take the German Mechanic's punch without dropping on his butt.

Indy vs. any Stallone character except the guy from Over the Top: Stallone character wins.

Indy vs. Aragorn: If swords are involved it goes to Aragorn, but anything else, Indy wins.

Indy vs. Han Solo: Range weapons Han wins, fist fight Indy wins. Han doesn't do much fighting without a blaster at his side.

After putting this quick list together, I'm surprised at how many fights I envision Indy losing.

I could go on, but then I'd be taking all the good movies.

Let the arguments begin.

oki9Sedo

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. Captain Kirk: Kirk wins, because he knows that secret double-fist strike they teach you at Star Fleet Academy (the supermove you can use to whoop a Klingon).

Disagree.

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. Jason Bourne: Indy wins, because Matt Damon is a total non-action-hero dork.

Disagree. Whatever about Matt Damon, Jason Bourne is very highly trained and as even better at using his surroundings than Indy (he beats a guy with a knife using a magazine!).

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. Martin Riggs (Mel Gibon in Lethal Weapon): Riggs wins. Great shot and he crazy good with martial arts..

Agree. Plus Rigg's is totally crazy.

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible): Indy wins, because Tom Cruise is a total weenie who weighs about a hundred pounds.

Hmmmm, very tough call.

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. John Rambo: Rambo wins, strong and tough, he could take the German Mechanic's punch without dropping on his butt.

Agree.

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. any Stallone character except the guy from Over the Top: Stallone character wins.

I'd say Indy would beat Stallone's character in Cliffhanger.

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. Aragorn: If swords are involved it goes to Aragorn, but anything else, Indy wins.

Disagree. I'd say Aragorn's as good at hand-to-hand as he is with a sword. I think we only get to see him fighting hand-to-hand once, against King Theoden's guards in The Two Towers, but he nails them.

goodeknight said:
Indy vs. Han Solo: Range weapons Han wins, fist fight Indy wins. Han doesn't do much fighting without a blaster at his side.

Tough call. We never really see Solo fight hand-to-hand, but I'm sure he has experience, he must have been in a few brawls in his time!

indyswk

goodeknight said:

This reminded me too much of the Cairo swordsman :gun: :D

Heck, how could Indy have to resort to swords when he has his revolver (unless he lost it somehow like in ToD)

IMO, if Indy can survive a "vs. Nuclear Explosion" in Crystal Skull, then he'd win at all of the above...

Indy Scout 117

Kyle said:
Indy VS. Master Chief-Indy wins. Master Chief is a nOOb.

:hat:
PFFFFHAHAHAHA!! aint that the truth :p lol

Indy vs Rick O'Connell (The Mummy movies) - Indy. although the both of them are very much alike, Indy would still win. :whip:

Dr Bones

Indy vs James Bond...(Obvious I know but surprised not on yet!)

Indy has brawling and military background....Bond's superior training and experience gives him the slight edge...Tough adventurer vs trained killer...Bond wins...sorry Junior.

Indy vs Batman.....no contest...Indy takes a Bat-beating.

Indy vs Marion....Maz sucker punches Indy again when he least expects it then rounds it off with a vodka bottle to the back of his head...the fed gives some protection and Indy makes a grab for Marion...he goes in with the lips...Oh no Maz is on the ropes...then she remembers he left her with a brat and so she comes up with a knee to Indy's priceless artifacts and slaps him with a maintenance bill. Maz Wins.

Chewbacca Jones

Indy vs. Jack T. Colton: OK, maybe Colton can take a gator, but the poor thing did eat before swimming. Indy wins because he's got tougher gals to back him up, and Jack is such a bad shot that he even misses with a shotgun.

Indy vs. Robin Hood: Hmm... Draw! Both can swing (be it from a whip or a rope or a chandelier), have survival skills, ride horses, save damsels with impunity, and have lots of loyal friends. Not to mention cool signature weapons and witty banter. :whip:

Indy vs. Scooby: Like, WOW, Man! It's totally gotta be Scoob, man. He got, like, Scooby Snacks. And Zoinks! He's a talking dog!

Goodeknight

Chewbacca Jones said:
Indy vs. Jack T. Colton: OK, maybe Colton can take a gator, but the poor thing did eat before swimming. Indy wins because he's got tougher gals to back him up, and Jack is such a bad shot that he even misses with a shotgun.

Indy vs. Robin Hood: Hmm... Draw! Both can swing (be it from a whip or a rope or a chandelier), have survival skills, ride horses, save damsels with impunity, and have lots of loyal friends. Not to mention cool signature weapons and witty banter. :whip:

Indy vs. Scooby: Like, WOW, Man! It's totally gotta be Scoob, man. He got, like, Scooby Snacks. And Zoinks! He's a talking dog!

Gotta agree with you, Chewbacca. Never realized what a bad shot Colton is until you mentioned it.

Indy vs. Robin Hood is another gooder. Wonder how it would turn out at long range. Longbow vs. Webley. Indy's a good shot, but Robin's legendary.

What about Indy vs. Shaggy? I think Shaggy would pass a doob, Ford would take it, and they'd just hang out.

Goodeknight

Indy vs. MacGyver: Indy wins hands down, unless MacGyver has a piece of gum wrapped in aluminum foil. Whip vs. Swiss Army knife. Toughie.

Doctor_Indy321

Indy vs Iron Man:

Hm...just guess, indy's got a whip and pistol, Iron Man has armor and lasers coming out his hind end...

Iron Man wins

Goodeknight

Doctor_Indy321 said:
Indy vs Iron Man:

Hm...just guess, indy's got a whip and pistol, Iron Man has armor and lasers coming out his hind end...

Iron Man wins
Can't argue with that. But, Doctor Indy....what about...
Indiana Jones in a Mk III Iron Man suit vs. Tony Stark in a Mk I suit?? Indy has the better suit, but Stark is the creator.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Goodeknight

Robyn started a similar thread opening with Indy vs. Xena.

Answer there is Xena hands down. Ares may be her dad, so she may be a demigod. Plus, she and Ares fought to a draw. Can't see Indy taking on the god of war and doing very well.

Goodeknight

EgyptianPharaoh said:
Indy vs Imhotep!....That would be a tough on for Indy!

Interesting. Would have thought Imhotep, because of his immense power. But Rick O'Connell beat him, and Indy and Rick are a close match. So I'd have to say Indy by a nose (or a brim perhaps).

DiscoLad

...Wasn't there a thread just like this in "Open Discussion"? :confused:

And what are you, against Indy?! ;)
Are you all against Indy?! lol.

Last edited:

Goodeknight

DiscoLad said:
And what are you, against Indy?! ;)
I wondered the same thing about myself! I guess it's part of his 'everyman' character. He's not superhuman. He just (barely) manages to figure his way out of any situation he happens to be in.

goodeknight said:
Interesting. Would have thought Imhotep, because of his immense power. But Rick O'Connell beat him, and Indy and Rick are a close match. So I'd have to say Indy by a nose (or a brim perhaps).

Rick Kinda beat him.....Rick could not do it without the book of Amun Ra.

Goodeknight

EgyptianPharaoh said:
Rick Kinda beat him.....Rick could not do it without the book of Amun Ra.

Good point. And if Indy had the book, he would have just read all the right stuff and been done with Imhotep much earlier in the movie.

Indy1Jones2

Indy Vs Darth Maul who wins

indymaul.jpg