Indiana Jones Licensed Product Announcement for Indy IV & more!

walker

Indiana Jones Licensed Product Announcement for

For those of you who collect this kind of thing, here's a news release from www.comingsoon.net. Notice the plural "games" in reference to video games to support the film.
walker

Indiana Jones returns to theaters May 22, 2008, and his newest on-screen adventures will be supported by an impressive array of leading companies as part of a broad global licensing and promotional campaign across a wide range of product categories designed to appeal to all ages.

In the toy category, Hasbro, Inc. will develop a broad line of action figures, vehicles and role play as well as games.

LEGO, the world's best-selling construction toy brand, has also come on board as the exclusive licensee for building sets.

Hallmark is on board in the greeting cards, party goods and ornaments categories, and Random House, Scholastic and DK Publishing will provide the foundation for a robust publishing program.

Following their string of best-selling titles, LucasArts will support the franchise with breakthrough "Indiana Jones" video games that will allow players to "live" all-new Indy adventures.

In addition, the upcoming "Indiana Jones" movie will also be supported by a strong slate of major promotional partners, including Burger King and MARS North America, with more partners to be announced soon.

"It's been 19 years since the last film and we are sensing a huge pent-up demand for everything Indy," said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing. "We're delighted that blue chip companies like these want to be part of the incredible experience of bringing Indy back to the big screen and introducing him to a whole new generation.

"The people who grew up with Indiana Jones have become today's parents," Roffman continued. "If our experience with 'Star Wars' is any guide, we think they'll want to introduce their kids to Indy and share this great new adventure together."

Starring Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf, Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt, the new Indiana Jones adventure begins production this month.

The movie is a Lucasfilm Ltd. production, directed by Steven Spielberg and distributed by Paramount Pictures. Frank Marshall returns as producer with George Lucas and Kathleen Kennedy as executive producers. The movie follows the wildly successful Raiders of the Lost Ark in 1981, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom in 1984, and Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade in 1989.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I know...and I knew Hasbro had it, but now it is official with a press release to verify it...and therefore news worthy.

More accurately - they 'have' the license. It was newly negotiated along with the other deals announced. And I never doubted they would get it - it was just a matter of what their deal would cover. I'm still hoping that the 12' portion goes to Sideshow.

mfisher

I agree that Sideshow needs to land the 12" line... ( if there is one ) If Hasbro does the 12" line it will be a huge disappointment..

Ohio Jones

I'd really love to see Hasbro do a retro 'Adventures of Indiana Jones' series similar to what they've done with the 'Star Wars' VOTC/VTSC/VTAC figures and the upcoming 'G.I. Joe: A real American hero' 25th anniversary line... New figures on vintage style card backs.

Either way, this is good news... Also neat to see a fast food tie-in... Maybe they'll do an 'Indy' glass or cup promotion.