Best Indy Game Of All Time?

Best Indy Game Of All Time

• Indiana Jones and the Fate Of Atlantis (PC)

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine (PC/N64)

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures (SNES)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (PS2/Xbox)

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom (NES)

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (NES/SEGA/ ect.)

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

DutchIndy

FoA! (ON THE NINTENDO DS!!!)

or PC

But these days, I play it on the DS. They should release new point and click adventures for this system, but FoA (and the other LEC games) hold up perfectly well.

spiralout

Nurhachi1991 said:
on the ds?

ScummVM (as talked about above) has been developed to work on many systems, including the Nintendo DS, PSP and iPhone.

As for the question of best Indy game, it's Fate of Atlantis. I doubt there will ever be an Indy game that's better than Fate of Atlantis.

mapso

Fate of Atlantis, without a doubt. Though I have to admit I did like Emperor's Tomb. It reminded me of the Robert Ripley game Riddle of Master Lu, except which more supernatural craziness and endless punching.

Perhilion

Fate of Atlantis obviously. It's still fun despite it's age. I like Emperor's Tomb, too, but only because you get to wail on people with your fists. What we need is a good new game *ahem*:rolleyes:

Nurhachi1991

FOA was great but i still like greatest adventures on snes waaaaay better i guess more memories from it

but that game had it all from raiders to last crusade

i even liked infernal machine better than FOA

|ZiR|

Mmm, I'm going to have to go with Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures.

Sure, the difficultly level is ridiculous, and yes, it is essentially a sprite swap of the Super Star Wars games. But out of all of the Indy games I've played it remains my favorite. I only wish it had other playable characters like SSW has. Short Round, Sallah, Marion, Papa Jones... anyone would've been neat.

Also, I'd like to thow out that the GBC version of Infernal Machine isn't so bad. It's the only one I have had the chance to play, and although I have nothing to compare it to I think it stands up pretty bloody well for a GBC game. And it's the only decent portable Indy game we have, I might add. I had a fun time playing it.

Lord_glavin

I'm gona have to stick with the crowd and say that the Fate of Atlantis is the best one by far

dialogue, story...not so much the action....humour, its much more indy than any of the other Indy games

Hopefully the next gen indy game has an awesome adventure/story feel that fate of atlantis has and not just rely heavily on only action sequences

DutchIndy

Nurhachi1991 said:
FOA was great but i still like greatest adventures on snes waaaaay better i guess more memories from it

but that game had it all from raiders to last crusade

i even liked infernal machine better than FOA

I think the level design of Infernal Machine is really great. My only two problems with the game are:

it is too stiff
it has an other dimension

The latter point is also my problem with Emperors Tomb.... I HATE other dimensions in Indy games. It's just not right. It's a lame way to come up with some new or extra gameplay... but it just sucks. Hope they will not do it in the next-gen game.

-INDY-

I liked the SNES one the best. The infernal machine and emperors tomb went way to long and the graphics weren't that great either, but the SNES one was the most fun to play.

My favorite Indy game is the 1984 Atari Temple of Doom arcade. To this day I just can't get the sound out of my head that the Thugee guards make when you whip them :whip: "Aiyee!"

"We walk from here!"

Agent Z

~Bender~ said:
My favorite game is "the Infernal Machine!" does anyone know how to get that game to work on windows xp?

Here is a FAQ for WIN XP: IJATIM.

Please report back if you get it working, as I've been thinking of getting the game, but am kinda leery about messing with it on XP.

EDIT: From the FAQ section on "Compatibility" :

Q:I am having trouble running the game in Windows XP.

A: We have received reports of various issues with our Windows 95/98/ME/2000 game titles from users of Windows XP. All of our original Windows 95/98/ME/2000 titles were developed and tested using only the standard Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, and Windows 2000 operating systems.

We have determined through customer input along with our own testing here that this game experiences various incompatibilities in Windows XP which cannot be resolved by means of standard troubleshooting.

Lucas Arts cannot guarantee full compatibility of our original Windows 95/98/ME/2000 titles with the Windows XP operating system. If we learn of any new information related to playing Lucas Learning games with Windows XP, we will post this information in the technical support section of our website at http://support.lucaslearning.com.

At this time, there are no plans to provide any updates or official support for this title in Windows XP.

You *may* be able to get the program to run by switching the program to use compatibility mode. Right-click on the Shortcut for the program, select Properties, then select the Compatibility tab. Select the OS you wish to run the program under (Windows 95, Windows 98) and click Apply. Note that we cannot guarantee the functionality of operability of the program in Windows XP, and we can provide no other support for the program in that OS.

~Bender~

Thanks Agent Z, but I've already tried that. Hopefully someone has come up with compatibility fix for the game.

Finn

Staff member
~Bender~ said:
Thanks Agent Z, but I've already tried that. Hopefully someone has come up with compatibility fix for the game.
Open Windows Media Player into the task bar and then try to run the game.

And no, I'm not joking.