any info on next Indy game?

indydude

i am sure this has already been discussed several times but so what i will start it again. has anyone heard anything about another indy game in the not so distant future? or is there anything special you would like to see in the next indy game?

westford

Apart from Guybrush Threepwood as a supporting character? Can't think of a thing... :p

But wouldn't a good old-fashioned LucasArts Indy p&c be cool, esp since they've ditched Full Throttle 2... Since it's not gonna happen, can someone invent a time machine so I can go back 10 years and really enjoy gaming again?

Randy_Flagg

westford said:
Apart from Guybrush Threepwood as a supporting character? Can't think of a thing... :p

But wouldn't a good old-fashioned LucasArts Indy p&c be cool, esp since they've ditched Full Throttle 2... Since it's not gonna happen, can someone invent a time machine so I can go back 10 years and really enjoy gaming again?

Yes, Westford, an oldschool P&C adventure would be great. As I've said many times, it's what LucasArts does best and it's a shame they've all but abandoned the genre.

A few tips for LucasArts in case, by some miracle, they do decide to make another graphic adventure (whether it be Indy or any other franchise)--

1. Let us use the mouse to point and click our way through the game. The direct control scheme you implemented in Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island was clumsy to say the least.

2. Write some original, orchestral music for it. Too many of your Star Wars games take the easy way out by just rehashing John Williams' stuff. Yes, John Williams' themes should be there, but mix them in with your own stuff (much like you did on Emperor's Tomb.)

3. Take a look at the cinematics in Syberia. That's the quality I want to see in your cutscenes. No cheesy "Jedi Outcast" style cutscenes, okay?

4. Story, story, story!! One of the main things we all loved about FOA was that it told a solid, coherent story. No, it wasn't particularly original, but that's okay-- it stuck to the Indy formula. Infernal Machine told a so-so story, but it didn't feel much like an Indy adventure, particularly towards the end. And although I haven't yet played Emperor's Tomb, I hear it suffers similar problems.

whipem

While the ET FPS level in Hong Kong (intro of Wu Han) was good at first, it became rather repetitive. I would like to see another FPS level in the next Indy game, but you should be able to duck or hide somehow (maybe it could take place in a car or other vehicle?) and there should be some more variety. Does anyone get my drift?