Best version of ET?

Pier 1981

I own a PS2 and a PC, so I would like to know what the best version is in your opinion!
Pls consider the PAL version of ET (which I think should have less bugs than the US one), since I live in Italy!

Thnx in advance, bye!

Darkweaver

I believe the PS2 is the "worst" version. Emperor's Tomb was optimized either for the Xbox or the PC (it was the Xbox I believe), but not the PS2. Almost every review states the PS2 version doesn't have the graphics of the Xbox, as the Xbox version is smoother and doesn't have the jaggies like the PS2 one does. The Xbox version is probably the best bet.

Yolegoman

I recommend it for the Pc, I've heard the ps2 is horrible, and the Xbox was good too but I only played it on the X for 3 minutes :)

So get it for the Pc, you won't regret it!

Darkweaver

Yolegoman said:
I recommend it for the Pc, I've heard the ps2 is horrible, and the Xbox was good too but I only played it on the X for 3 minutes :)

So get it for the Pc, you won't regret it!
The Xbox and PC I think are the same. The PC version is a port of the Xbox. If you don't have a powerful computer with a decent graphics card, go with the Xbox version. If you don't have an Xbox... uh... either upgrade the PC or buy an Xbox or just settle for the slightly lower res PS2 version.

Pier 1981

Is it enough this configuration for the PC game:

- CPU INTEL P4 NORTHWOOD 2.6GHz ,478 PIN,FSB 533MHz,512 k,SSE2 BOX

- DDRAM DA 256 MB 333 MHz KINGSTON

- SVGA AGP-4x ATI ATI-OEM: RADEON 9100 - 128MB DDRAM DUAL DISPLAY, CRT-DVI-D+ TV OUT

Thnx in advance!

Yolegoman

I'm pretty sure that'll cut it.

Right after you install the game on a good system, the game will load really quick, but after a while it takes longer to load levels... not really sure whats up with that.

-Yolego

philhos

Pier 1981 said:
Is it enough this configuration for the PC game:

- CPU INTEL P4 NORTHWOOD 2.6GHz ,478 PIN,FSB 533MHz,512 k,SSE2 BOX

- DDRAM DA 256 MB 333 MHz KINGSTON

- SVGA AGP-4x ATI ATI-OEM: RADEON 9100 - 128MB DDRAM DUAL DISPLAY, CRT-DVI-D+ TV OUT

Thnx in advance!

My PC is getting old. It has a Pentium 3 700 MHz CPU; 128 MB RAM; and nVidia GeForce 2 MX 400 64 MB video card.

It runs fine on my machine using 800x600 resolution and 32-bit video size. I get a little slowness when there's a lot of action on screen and my mouse moves a little choppy for sniping, but the game works fine.

If the game works fine on my machine, it'll work great on yours (providing there are no issues with your video card).

nOOb

Renderking Fisk said:
Get the version where the police are holding guns not Walkie-Talkies... although the improved FX in the end with the Starship are much better!

Phone home! PHONE HOME!

dude, ET = emperors tomb. not ET the alien :rolleyes: or were you joking...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
nOOb said:
Renderking Fisk said:
Get the version where the police are holding guns not Walkie-Talkies... although the improved FX in the end with the Starship are much better!

Phone home! PHONE HOME!

dude, ET = emperors tomb. not ET the alien :rolleyes: or were you joking...

We're talking about Mr. Fisk here...he was joking.

nOOb

lol...ive heard things about the alien ET game, didnt the manufacturer bury 50,000 copies of it out in the desert somewhere cause it sucked so bad it wouldnt sell? :p