Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Indy Video Games
User Name
Password

Old 05-14-2008, 05:56 PM   #26
-Jones-
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResidentAlien
No. There are many women who are naturally well-endowed. Many more-so than Lara, especially in her latest adventures.

Personally, I don't hold to the adage to that bigger is better, but she's not absurdly anatomically incorrect.

Well, yes. It was made for the younger demographic in order to get their attention. Now, they are rounded and more natural, but they're a little too big ;]. OK, for some it's sexy, but for me it's a little over the top ;].
-Jones- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #27
DiscoLad
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
and no archaeologist runs around in a leather jacket with a bullwhip fighting Nazis for treasure.

Of course not, because nazi's don't exist anymore...and many wear leather jackets, more or less...
DiscoLad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 01:30 AM   #28
Dust McAlan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jones-
Well, yes. It was made for the younger demographic in order to get their attention. Now, they are rounded and more natural, but they're a little too big ;]. OK, for some it's sexy, but for me it's a little over the top ;].
There's a fun little piece of trivia on Wikipedia I believe about how the series creator was putting the last touches on Lara's final CGI look, when he accidentally blew up her breasts to 150% of their normal size. He was about to correct himself when one Core staffer came in, thought it hilarious, called everyone else in, and they all voted to keep them huge.

In any case, comparing seven Tomb Raider games to two action-oriented Indy games is a little unfair, especially considering how frustrating Emperor's Tomb is. Still, Infernal Machine trumps a lot of action game in my consideration, and we should at least thank Core Design for coming up with the proper way to do an Indy game in 3D: Tomb Raider.
Dust McAlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:11 AM   #29
SPECTER
IndyFan

neither play Uncharted.Drake's Fortune on PS3 it is one of the best games i have ever played. but other than that Indy wins only because his are better all around and less of them, Tomb Raider series has a few great but also some of the worst games ever made in it.

Last edited by SPECTER : 05-26-2008 at 07:23 AM.
SPECTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #30
Perhilion
IndyFan

there are maybe a total of two good Indy games. Uncharted, while fun, is basically built off of Tomb Raider Legend. Without Tomb Raider you wouldn't have IM. Whether you like it or not Tomb Raider has contributed much more to the genre in video games than Indy. Lara's sort of the Indy of video games, just as Indy is the....Indy of movies.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #31
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

How did I find this thread?

Tomb Raider

Because they actually exist.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:00 PM   #32
IAdventurer01
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
How did I find this thread?

Given the date of the previous post to yours, the forum's search function perhaps?
IAdventurer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #33
Randy_Flagg
IndyFan

For me, it's no contest--
Tomb Raider is better for gaming
Indiana Jones is better for movies
Randy_Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 PM   #34
Scarchaeologist
IndyFan

Hmm...nothing against Lara Croft but I actually prefer the Indiana Jones games. Oh the Lara games are fun, but there was something missing from them. I guess the Lara games didn't just appeal to them much. They were fun though. But I guess it was the music and the setting that I loved about the Indiana Jones games. Not to mention I grew up watching indiana Jones as a kid so that factors in too.
Scarchaeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:42 PM   #35
Matt R
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perhilion
Lara dominates Indy.

Hmmmmmmm...now that would be a game worth buying...and at least the whip would be useful!!!
Matt R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:36 PM   #36
Randy_Flagg
IndyFan

I finally got around to playing the Tomb Raider reboot that came out about a year ago... fantastic game! Great atmosphere, story, controls, presentation, and just genuinely fun to play from beginning to end. I would have preferred a bit less combat at times, but at least they drastically improved the combat system over what existed in the earlier games in the franchise.
Randy_Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:58 AM   #37
Indy86
IndyFan

I like them both. They're both nostalgia and they're both known for what they have to offer. Indy provides more action, Tomb Raider is more about being alone looking for treasure. I think Indiana Jones has more of a name than Tomb Raider though.
Indy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 12:29 PM   #38
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy86
I like them both. They're both nostalgia and they're both known for what they have to offer. Indy provides more action, Tomb Raider is more about being alone looking for treasure. I think Indiana Jones has more of a name than Tomb Raider though.

Have you played the two recent TR games? Way more action that the Indy games.
Dr.Sartorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #39
Indy86
IndyFan

I played TR 2013 and yes that has more action.
Old 10-04-2016, 02:21 AM   #40
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Check out Rise of the Tomb Raider too. Lara explores some Crusades/early Christian era tombs that are very reminiscent of Last Crusade.
Old 10-04-2016, 01:43 PM   #41
Indy86
IndyFan

I intend to but I can't afford a PS4 for the time being.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #42
Dr.Sartorius
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy86
I intend to but I can't afford a PS4 for the time being.

Its on PC too.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:43 AM   #43
Finn

It's pretty difficult to say Indy games are better right now, since the man in the hat has nothing to compare in the current generation. And the last one we got - the Staff of Kings - doesn't do much favors to the argument either, since it got rather limited exposure and was, well, pretty much garbage.

You'll have to go back more than a decade to have an even playing field. Christ, it's been since 2003 when we got an Indy game actually worth playing... and even then, one might argue, only barely. ET was something of a lackluster attempt, even by the standards back in the day.

Since IM had its faults too (objectively thinking, from a fan's POV I still consider it pretty memorable), I must conclude that when we last had an all-around competent Indy video gaming experience, the year was 1992(!). Back then, Lara truly was no competition... because she didn't exist yet.
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #44
Indy86
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sartorius
Its on PC too.
Yeah, but I'm a PS guy.

I always enjoyed the Indy games: FOA, IM, ET, Lego Indy. But maybe a more actual game than a Lego version is more than welcome.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:57 PM   #45
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I always had trouble getting into the original Tomb Raider games, which is strange because I love third-person adventure games. I just never found the controls or level design to be intuitive. I didn't get terribly far in IM but I enjoyed what I played (I really need to dig it out and try again). ET was excellent and SoK was....underwhelming, to be kind.

The new Tomb Raider games are phenomenal. Hopefully a next-gen Indy game will see the light of day at some point. The technology is there, we just need someone actually willing to give the franchise some love again.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 02:33 AM   #46
Raiders112390
IndyFan

The only Lara game I truly enjoyed was the first one. That, and I believe The Last Revelation. But I remember having a lot more fun around the same period playing The Infernal Machine, and Emperor's Tomb was also a lot of fun. I can only hope that we get a new game or two (preferably with a PC port) when the new movie comes out. I sorely miss playing Indy games.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 03:45 PM   #47
dprog
IndyFan

Quite Ironic that today's Lara Croft games are just Cover Shooter games with some few platforming/Puzzles, instead of Adventure-Platforming games like they were originally.(These days,the only difference between LC games compare to IJ games is this fact that they are alive in a different form than being dead)

I'm pretty Sure even if Disney allows a Developer Make an Indy game, they just force them to make it an uncharted/Tomb Raider Clone with Indy Skin.(Similar to this New Exclusive Spiderman game that is just a Batman Game with SM Skin outside it's web swinging parts.)
dprog is offline   Reply With Quote