TheRaider.net
 

Go Back   The Raven > Beyond the Films > Collecting Indy
User Name
Password

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Custom PLAYSETS & DIORAMAS with your INDY TOYS!!

Ok folks..Let's see the creativity here...Since Hasbro is limiting us to only one playset from the new line..Let's see how you make your owm playsetsand Dioramas.

I will start with my Chuchilla cemetary / AKATOR temple playset / Diorama that I use to display my KOTCS figures.

I made the cemetary playset because from the start, I KNEW tha this was going to be my favorite part of the movie, Man I was NOT wrong!!

Main Diorama set-up:



Cemetary ( based off the Novel where there were 3 Warriors):






AKATOR (based off of early photos):







So, There you have my "playset" I know it is basic and hastily done..But I needed something to take up space for my KOTCS Hasbro shelf since they didn't make many KOTCS toys.

Next is my Jungle Cutter and how I envisioned a fight on it










Now...PLEASE don't let me be the only one to post their pics here...Even if you have posted them before..Let us see what you have done with your Indy toys and YOUR imagination and skills!!!

HAVE FUN!!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #2
Arab Swordsman
IndyFan
 
Arab Swordsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reading, PA
Posts: 550
This thread has potential! I'm going to try and take some pics this weekend...I might not have some of the cool custom playsets but I think I can at least come up with some pictures with just the figures and vehicles.
Arab Swordsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:30 AM   #3
Agent Z
IndyFan
 
Agent Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,198
Cool thread tnswman. I hope this one gets a sticky.

I am going to make enclosed sets for my Lego figures. It's going to take awhile, but I promise to share once they are done.
Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:42 AM   #4
DutchIndy
IndyFan
 
DutchIndy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 167
Very cool indeed! I might make something, sometime as well, but I got to get more figures first.

Well Done tnsw
DutchIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:58 AM   #5
fixer79
IndyFan
 
fixer79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Belgium
Posts: 741
I love you're pictures, tnswman! Great diorama's!
Especially your 'deleted scene' with the Jungle Cutter
fixer79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #6
RichardJones
IndyFan
 
RichardJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Va.
Posts: 184
GREAT DIORAMA !!!!!!!!!!! Hey tnswman if you donít mind me asking what did you use to make your Main Diorama set-up. It looks to me like you use rock paint and fake moss ( corrected me if I'm wrong ) but what did you use for the model, Is it Styrofoam , cardboard or something else. I would love to try something like that. So far the only thing I have come up with is a way to display my relics. My little sister has a ton of dollhouse furniture made from real wood, not the Barbie crap, so they look real . And she as been nice enough to give me a few china cabinets, which with the relics inside it looks like a museum display. It even has a little light in it so they show up very well. How funny is that she is 12 I am 27 and she is giving me dollhouse stuff . I will post some pics soon.
RichardJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #7
bonoferox
IndyFan
 
bonoferox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,019
Nicelt done, tns!


I would love to have seen a fight on the JC like that....
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #8
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJones
GREAT DIORAMA !!!!!!!!!!! Hey tnswman if you donít mind me asking what did you use to make your Main Diorama set-up. It looks to me like you use rock paint and fake moss ( corrected me if I'm wrong ) but what did you use for the model, Is it Styrofoam , cardboard or something else. I would love to try something like that. So far the only thing I have come up with is a way to display my relics. My little sister has a ton of dollhouse furniture made from real wood, not the Barbie crap, so they look real . And she as been nice enough to give me a few china cabinets, which with the relics inside it looks like a museum display. It even has a little light in it so they show up very well. How funny is that she is 12 I am 27 and she is giving me dollhouse stuff . I will post some pics soon.

THANKS!

I use foam, Fake Moss, Vines, and Textured spray paint.

Later tonight, I should have my MASSIVE 2' tall AKATOR temple..from the Final portion of the movie..with oblisk key, Spiral staircase, and lost treasure room" This massive playset is fully 3-d with a fully carvev and textured front and a 3 level play area ( Including some very vintage Foam usage for water...think vintage Death Star trash compactor here )

I should have it finished tonight
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 PM   #9
RichardJones
IndyFan
 
RichardJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Va.
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
THANKS!

I use foam, Fake Moss, Vines, and Textured spray paint.

Later tonight, I should have my MASSIVE 2' tall AKATOR temple..from the Final portion of the movie..with oblisk key, Spiral staircase, and lost treasure room" This massive playset is fully 3-d with a fully carvev and textured front and a 3 level play area ( Including some very vintage Foam usage for water...think vintage Death Star trash compactor here )

I should have it finished tonight

GREAT CANT WAIT
RichardJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:42 AM   #10
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Here is my 2 1/2' AKATOR TEMPLE playset!!

Exterior:





Obelisk Key:



Interior: Stairwell ( with foam as the water in the spike pit)




Interior: Treasure room


So there you go, I still have to make small additions ( such as the entrance to the throne room..which will be created on a computer layout) and I know it is just a rough playset..However, I tried to capture the essence of the movie in a vintage like playset.

Last edited by tnswman : 05-26-2008 at 12:50 AM.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:56 AM   #11
Deckard
IndyFan
 
Deckard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,750
Thats crazy bro, really nice job! I like how you did the water.
Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:35 AM   #12
Perhilion
IndyFan
 
Perhilion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 719
I like that temple playset, it looks a lot better than the Hasbro one.
Perhilion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #13
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Thanks!! I can't wait to get the final version of the throne room doors done so it does not look so childish

I LOVED the vintage Death star playset, so I tried t ogo for that type of feel here.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:01 PM   #14
Shemp
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 95
Awesome playsets! You should make the thrown room !
Shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #15
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp
Awesome playsets! You should make the thrown room !

I'm going to make a seperate attachment room once I have the Crystal Skeleton figure so I know how to scale it.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:41 PM   #16
Shemp
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnswman
I'm going to make a seperate attachment room once I have the Crystal Skeleton figure so I know how to scale it.

Can't wait, it sounds awesome!
Shemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 06:10 PM   #17
Marion Fan
IndyFan
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 68
Very nice dioramas!
Marion Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #18
Goonie
IndyFan
 
Goonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada
Posts: 2,061
Cool dioramas!

Here's something I'm going to attempt to build for my Indy action figures, it's a paper model of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Disneyland:
http://www.disneyexperience.com/models/temple_model.php

Here's another neat paper model and would be good for a Cairo diorama, however it looks like it's out of scale:
http://www.papermodels.at/images.php?l=0&c=5&s=2&p=1

Last edited by Goonie : 05-26-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:50 AM   #19
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie
Cool dioramas!

Here's something I'm going to attempt to build for my Indy action figures, it's a paper model of the Temple of the Forbidden Eye in Disneyland:
http://www.disneyexperience.com/models/temple_model.php

Here's another neat paper model and would be good for a Cairo diorama, however it looks like it's out of scale:
http://www.papermodels.at/images.php?l=0&c=5&s=2&p=1

The Cairo diorama is in the 25mm scale..about 1 1/2" to 2" figures It will be GREAT for the old TSR miniatures though.
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #20
RichardJones
IndyFan
 
RichardJones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Va.
Posts: 184
Working on my Indy diorama's now. I have a LOST Island diorama below, but I think I will use it for my Indy dioramas from now on.
RichardJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:57 PM   #21
Katarn07
IndyFan
 
Katarn07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 1,234
That scene looks like a combination of the tank in LC and the truck chase in RotLA..... I LOVE it! I actually thought the idea of the three vehicle chase and everyone swapping vehicles is cool. It just wasn't heartpounding as the other action scenes in the series....

Great work, guy. Though I do think you have too much time and money on your hands, but then again if you've seen my room and basement, I shouldn't be one to talk! How about some RotLA stuff next? Can't wait to see ToD stuff for sure!
Katarn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 PM   #22
bonoferox
IndyFan
 
bonoferox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,019
Very nice Akator!

I'm coming over for a playdate.
bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #23
tnswman
IndyFan
 
tnswman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: East, Tennessee
Posts: 1,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoferox
Very nice Akator!

I'm coming over for a playdate.

Come on Dawg!
tnswman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 PM   #24
Nurhachi1991
IndyFan
 
Nurhachi1991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pankot Palace
Posts: 4,771
I call the At-At! I always wanted one of those
Nurhachi1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #25
inky_skin
IndyFan
 
inky_skin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Devon, UK
Posts: 828
Okay, so this one is a work in progress - part of a larger diorama that I'm in the process of creating.

Here are Indy and Sallah crating up the Ark in the Well of Souls...

Photobucket
inky_skin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:19 AM.