Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones 5
User Name
Password

Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #26
TheLastCrusader
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stranger
1954, with the beginning scene set some years prior, as it was in "The Last Crusade". It would be awesome to see Indy come back to Asia, with the main story taking place all throughout China, Tibet, Japan or similar exotic places.
They could also reference the War of Korea that was raging at that time, then the film would have all the right attributes to potentially become one of the most original adventure stories of all times (not many of them take place in eastern Asia).

Sadly, this is pretty much impossible...
Yep this won't happen, but I like your idea the most out of this thread
TheLastCrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:39 AM   #27
chicago103
IndyFan

1961-1963, Eisenhower was mentioned in KOTCS so its only appropriate JFK be mentioned in Indy5.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 11:48 AM   #28
Yure
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastCrusader
I'd love a prequel. So 1955 or something.
That definitely won't happen though, because of the mutt, Mutt.

100% Quote.

I'd very much like a prequel in the mid Fifties, with Indy looking slightly younger and less "old man" puns. Unfortunately, that's not gonna happen because of the Mutt problem.

I'll go for 1962 or 1963, he could meet JFK...

...or Forrest Gump. The timing is right.

Also, I don't know if I want to see him fight the commies again (and that includes Korean as well)... on the other hand, Nazis have been greatly exploited, unless they go after some mad Hitler resurrecting plan in a secret Nazi base in Antartica
Yure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #29
Major Eaton
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yure
on the other hand, Nazis have been greatly exploited, unless they go after some mad Hitler resurrecting plan in a secret Nazi base in Antartica

Forget the exploitation of the Nazi's. I wouldn't mind seeing them again in Indy V, even if the time period is set between 1959-1962. I'd like to see Indy go to Argentina for an expedition only to stumble upon a plot involving former Nazi's previously aided from Odessa. Toht's brother being among them, of course. Indy could initially struggle with local adversaries(similar to The Hovitos in Raiders or The Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword in Last Crusade) before, once again, encountering his true enemy, the former Nazi's. It really wouldn't bother me a bit. Far fetched? Maybe. Promising? Who knows. Entertaining if done the right way? Certainly.

Note: The Nazi character concept could come from something like...

or, perhaps, maybe this for a henchman concept...

or, a female henchman concept for Spalko droolers...(remove the 30's cut to a 60's cut maybe)

Major Eaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:01 PM   #30
Montana Smith
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Eaton
Forget the exploitation of the Nazi's.

Yes!

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing them again in Indy V, even if the time period is set between 1959-1962.

Yes!

Quote:
I'd like to see Indy go to Argentina for an expedition only to stumble upon a plot involving former Nazi's previously aided from Odessa. Toht's brother being among them, of course. Indy could initially struggle with local adversaries(similar to The Hovitos in Raiders or The Brotherhood of the Cruciform Sword in Last Crusade) before, once again, encountering his true enemy, the former Nazi's. It really wouldn't bother me a bit. Far fetched? Maybe. Promising? Who knows. Entertaining if done the right way? Certainly.

Yes!

Quote:
Note: The Nazi character concept could come from something like...

Yes!

I love Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but I'll only play the catacombs if the lights are on!
Montana Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
Major Eaton
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I love Return to Castle Wolfenstein

I remember playing this a long while back and thinking about an Indy movie with some of the concepts. Needless to say, I laughed my tail off while in these crazy thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Smith
I'll only play the catacombs if the lights are on!

So true. So very, very true.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:35 AM   #32
No Ticket
IndyFan

Time travel. Indy goes back to 1940 something to save Sean Connery's character before his dad dies only to find out he can't save his dad. Sad
No Ticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:36 AM   #33
Goonie
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila the Professor
It's not as though hippies and mods suddenly appear on January 1st of 1960...

Just think, Mutt goes from Greaser to hippy. Far out man!
Goonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #34
Calo
IndyFan

I'd like to see the next movie in the early 60s or late 50s.
Calo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #35
Indy Scout 117
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calo
I'd like to see the next movie in the early 60s or late 50s.
i agree, but lets not stick to the sci-fi alien theme. i know aliens were a big aprt of that time period, but one movie with aliens is more than enough
Indy Scout 117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
Major Eaton
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Scout 117
i agree, but lets not stick to the sci-fi alien theme.

I couldn't agree with you more. Everything has to be fresh(with the exception of Nazi's who escaped the crippling of the
Third Reich), especially if it is set in 1960 or later.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:17 AM   #37
chicago103
IndyFan

I am thinking Lucas will make it 1962 just because it would bring him almost full circle in his career in refrencing American Graffiti, its also a significant year because as someone else already pointed out it was the year Dr. No was released starring Sean Connery as James Bond.

I know it would most likely be super corny but if it was done really well where there is some reference to Indy noticing a resemblance between his father and Sean Connery. Or perhaps Indy sees a geneologist who informs him there is some relation between him and an up and coming actor named Sean Connery on his father's side. It would be even more cool if Sean Connery was actually in the movie as Henry Sr. and not dead, geneology seems like something his character would be into. Maybe there could also be some obscure reference to the Jonses being related via his mother's side to a Ford family in Chicago.
chicago103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 AM   #38
Calo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicago103
I know it would most likely be super corny but if it was done really well where there is some reference to Indy noticing a resemblance between his father and Sean Connery. Or perhaps Indy sees a geneologist who informs him there is some relation between him and an up and coming actor named Sean Connery on his father's side. It would be even more cool if Sean Connery was actually in the movie as Henry Sr. and not dead, geneology seems like something his character would be into.

Actually, I like the sound of that. Sounds very intriguing.
Calo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:39 AM   #39
Mungi
IndyFan

Indiana Jones, which was inspired by James Bond, comes to an end when the time of James Bond began. I'm sure there's a lot of possibilities here, if you think of the great Bond movies setting in the Cold War ("Octopus-y" for example).
Mungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 10:41 PM   #40
Raiders112390
IndyFan

What year should Indy 5 be set?

I vote that the film be split between 1964 and sometime between 1921 and 1923. Have Indy's quest in the present be connected in someway with an adventure of his past - Perhaps Indy in "the present" finally brings an adventure from his past to a proper conclusion.

I vote for 1964 as it is still in the pre-Vietnam and pre-Hippie era, and Indy would only be aged 65 - in-universe, not all that old, still able to credibly to engage in action; yet it is far enough from 1957 to account for Harrison's aging since 2008. Mutt need not cameo - after all, (retroactively), Short Round wasn't in Raiders or Last Crusade and we were never given an explanation for his absence in the films.

The younger segment I'd set somewhere between 1921 and 1923 as it would be post the YIJC, thus allowing for that series to still exist in continuity, while laying the groundwork for a new post-Harrison series that explores an unexplored (at least on-screen) era of his career.

What about you?
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:24 PM   #41
Gobi-1
IndyFan

I say set it between 1958 and 1962. Harrison Ford at 65 played Indy at 58 in KotCS so I don't see why Ford in his 70s couldn't play Indy in his early 60s.
Gobi-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #42
Duaner
IndyFan

1967 - 10 years after KOTCS. Mutt is absent from the film as he is serving in Vietnam.

If they were to go the route of a younger Indy also being a part of the film I think it should be somewhere around 1927. Long enough after Young Indy and also after the first relationship with Marion. I really don't need to see that story on film.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:03 AM   #43
emtiem
IndyFan

'62 or '63 seems about right. The sixties hadn't started swinging by then so it feels more right for some reason.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #44
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Actually, I think it could be set in 1959 with no big deal. We accepted that Raiders and LC are only two years apart, even though Harrison aged greatly (even moreso I feel than he has since 2008). I don't see why Indy 5 couldn't be set in 1959:
http://caps.pictures/198/1-raiders-l...ps.com-728.jpg
http://caps.pictures/198/9-indiana-j...s.com-5726.jpg

Last edited by Finn : 04-09-2016 at 04:44 PM. Reason: no oversized images plz
Old 04-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #45
emtiem
IndyFan

True; it probably doesn't really matter.
emtiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:18 PM   #46
The Lone Raider
IndyFan

I've been working on a story since last December that would've been Indiana Jones 5 until they announced an actual Indy 5 movie. I initially had it take place in 1959 and with Mutt, but it has since been changed to 1961 and with all new characters instead. It would be believable to have it take place four years after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, as Ford was 38 in Raiders and 47 in Crusade, though the two movies are supposed to take place two years apart.
So I would personally think that it would be the most fitting for the movie to take place in the early sixties, while it's still plausible for Indy to be active and still has a more 50s vibe like Crystal Skull.
The Lone Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 06:01 PM   #47
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Raider
I've been working on a story since last December that would've been Indiana Jones 5 until they announced an actual Indy 5 movie. I initially had it take place in 1959 and with Mutt, but it has since been changed to 1961 and with all new characters instead. It would be believable to have it take place four years after Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, as Ford was 38 in Raiders and 47 in Crusade, though the two movies are supposed to take place two years apart.
So I would personally think that it would be the most fitting for the movie to take place in the early sixties, while it's still plausible for Indy to be active and still has a more 50s vibe like Crystal Skull.

I could go with '61. I just hope they do not set it any later than 1965.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:33 AM   #48
AndyLGR
IndyFan

I think the 60s are a logical assumption. But I don't think it matters too much as I don't believe they necessarily need to show a lot from that era. Especially if they set the film out of the way somewhere remote for instance.
AndyLGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 10:46 AM   #49
Udvarnoky
IndyFan

Anything between 1959-1970 could work. I don't think the year should be terribly important this time out.
Udvarnoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 04:46 AM   #50
Mickiana
IndyFan

1970?! I find this kind of funny, as it makes me think Indy was still adventuring when I was 2 years old!

I'm not disagreeing with it as an idea. It's just the cross over of my life time with his.
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote