Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Indiana Jones Trilogy
User Name
Password

Old 06-16-2015, 03:14 PM   #126
Duaner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teneas
Willie...sucked of course, to much screaming.

But Willie was hotter than Marion or Elsa by far!!!
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 07:30 PM   #127
Teneas
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duaner

At the time I think I would of agreed. My taste for women seems to delve into the dark some times though. Marion is a total bada**. Strong, knows what she wants, a fighter, and isn't afraid to scrap with the boys. Those type of women are much hotter than needy divas any day in my book.

Marion from Raiders...not...well today.
Teneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:21 AM   #128
Tank Driver
IndyFan

Quote:

Elsa hands down!
Tank Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:30 AM   #129
Duaner
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank Driver
Elsa hands down!

Elsa was very attractive and I actually prefer her looks to Marion's, but I still prefer Willie over all of them.
Duaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 08:05 AM   #130
Shane Henry
IndyFan

Quote:
Elsa was very attractive and I actually prefer her looks to Marion's, but I still prefer Willie over all of them.
Above all 3, I do agree there's no doubt that willie is hotter than the other 2 , marion is more perfect as the one for Indy since they've been together when they were young, they are meant to be together, so marion doesn't need to be present hot, just the normal the better. As for elsa, it's another kind of charming, not in American way, I suppose.

As for the reason why I adore TOD is that it's different you know, and China elements included, but it's a shame that we can't understand what willie sang, I know it's anything goes which lyrics is Chinese, but I can only recognize a little even if I understand Chinese.
Shane Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 12:55 AM   #131
TheFedora
IndyFan

Idk If I've ever said this, but I like TOD because it gives us a look at 'Mercenary' Indy whose primary motivation was 'fortune and glory'.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:30 PM   #132
RareAntiquities
IndyFan

The opening sequence is well done and quite interesting. The opening is good and it is the same from there. Seeing Indiana Jones dressed in a James Bond fashion was a nice touch.
RareAntiquities is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #133
MaxisIndy
IndyFan

Why I Like TOD The Best.

Temple of Doom to me has a darker flair then the rest of the films. I also like the reference to Star Wars . Willie please. Remember, If adventure has a name, it must be the Indycast.
MaxisIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:35 PM   #134
Indy86
IndyFan

Because I grew up with it. And this movie is about the closest I got to a horror movie.
Indy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:21 PM   #135
Makel37
IndyFan

Thumbs up Templs of doom!! love it!

I know it's the darker Indy but im 37... so in 84 i was 5 yrs old.. Igrew up with it, even have the book! Pass often on tv! Harrison was well fit, nice shape! My sister was a Indy freak, i bet Harrison was a part of the fact that she loved it!! And the scene he cheat on card against a child!! love Short moon!
It's after t-d that i saw the raider!!! I was .. wow!!!

Makel37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #136
Makel37
IndyFan

Quote:

Elsa is now the more beautiful!!!!!! she was young

Makel37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:25 PM   #137
Indy86
IndyFan

I'm sure there's another thread about the Indy-girls, but for now I'd say my vote goes out to Elsa as well but I'll explain later.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:44 PM   #138
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy86
I'm sure there's another thread about the Indy-girls, but for now I'd say my vote goes out to Elsa as well but I'll explain later.

There are options, yeah. (And some commentary!)
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:01 PM   #139
Indy86
IndyFan

Well, I'll see. Just think it's a little odd to bump really old topics sometimes. But if it's alright or doesn't matter maybe I will, check out some of these.
Old 09-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #140
Attila the Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy86
Well, I'll see. Just think it's a little odd to bump really old topics sometimes. But if it's alright or doesn't matter maybe I will, check out some of these.

We encourage reviving old threads as opposed to starting new ones that cover the same ground. This post from Finn here explains some of why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
I know why people might be uncertain about it, as there arguably are some reasonable arguments for frowning upon it as well. It can cause some confusion in people, and sometimes hasty folks who don't bother to check timestamps may end up in an embarrassing position by answering a question that has long since turned irrelevant.

We here in The Raven value our history however. We know there's lodes of good stuff buried here and it's going back to what could be considered ancient history - as far as measuring time in the Internet is concerned. By not abhoring necro-posting, we can see at least a fraction of it re-emerge from time to time.

So: a little bit of thread archaeology is worthwhile.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled praise of Temple of Doom, the installment of the series most willing to take some risks, even if not all of them paid off.
Attila the Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:56 AM   #141
Indy86
IndyFan

Just another thing I want to add why I love Temple Of Doom. Despite it's clearly darker, in almost every action sequence: the plane crash/raft, the fight in the bedroom, the trap in the cave, the fight in the temple and the fight with the guard to the return of the village, part of the Indy theme is always used. As if to give the audience a sense of hope that when they hear it they will know it's going to be alright.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:16 PM   #142
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I love the darker tone of this film and the bizarre setting. The last half hour is quite possibly the finest string of action sequences ever committed to film.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:03 AM   #143
DoomsdayFAN
IndyFan

I love this movie because it's fun, it's different, and it has an unparalleled amount of over the top insane action! I also really liked Short Round. Willie was annoying, but she kind of grows on you.

Pretty much the only thing I don't really like about this movie is Indy weird laugh. He doesn't have it in any of the other films.
DoomsdayFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:27 PM   #144
Raiders112390
IndyFan

Because it's awesome, that's why.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #145
Grizzlor
IndyFan

Remains a dear favorite of mine. First Indy movie I remember watching, when it came out on VHS. I was hooked.
Grizzlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 08:23 PM   #146
ATMachine
IndyFan

I love Temple of Doom because of Cary Grant's performance and the awesome Scottish marching band. No wait, that's Gunga Din.
ATMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 06:18 PM   #147
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

I would've liked The Temple of Doom more if it showed the Japanese military and navy in the Chinese scene. Take note that WWII began in Asia before it began in Europe, so the setting would've been right for the movie. Both Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade had German uniforms, weapons, and vehicles. I really liked the fighter planes in the later one. Leaving out what was one of the most powerful navy and air force at that time is throwing away a perfect plot.

Last edited by Kai Hagen : 03-03-2017 at 06:24 PM.
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 12:57 PM   #148
Henry W Jones
IndyFan

TOD is the superior sequel. It is it's own film. It doesn't try to be it's predecessor. I like the fact it takes risks. If they hadn't gone off public opinion, and, kept being original, we would have gotten better sequels after. I know many people love Last Crusade, but, I felt they were trying too hard to bring the feel of Raiders back and it on some level ruins it for me. Crystal Skull takes it a step further, and in the process, they lost all originality. Just my opinion
Henry W Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #149
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry W Jones
TOD is the superior sequel. It is it's own film.
Agreed. Welcome back, Henry W Jones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
Take note that WWII began in Asia before it began in Europe,
Take note that it didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
I would've liked The Temple of Doom more if it showed the Japanese military and navy in the Chinese scene. Take note that WWII began in Asia before it began in Europe, so the setting would've been right for the movie. Both Raiders of the Lost Ark and The Last Crusade had German uniforms, weapons, and vehicles. I really liked the fighter planes in the later one. Leaving out what was one of the most powerful navy and air force at that time is throwing away a perfect plot.
The opening bit was an homage to the Chinese gangsters depicted in some of the '30s/'40s serials*. It wasn't meant to be, "Tora! Tora! Tora!"

*Examples can be provided, if you want them.

This is a thread about LOVING "Temple of Doom". If you're dismayed that the film didn't show any Nips during its first 13 minutes, then here's a more appropriate thread for your bewildering opinions:
Why does everyone hate Temple Of Doom?
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:40 AM   #150
dr.jones1986
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Agreed. Welcome back, Henry W Jones!

Take note that it didn't.
The opening bit was an homage to the Chinese gangsters depicted in some of the '30s/'40s serials*. It wasn't meant to be, "Tora! Tora! Tora!"

*Examples can be provided, if you want them.

This is a thread about LOVING "Temple of Doom". If you're dismayed that the film didn't show any Nips during its first 13 minutes, then here's a more appropriate thread for your bewildering opinions:
Why does everyone hate Temple Of Doom?

He isn't wrong that the conflict began when a full scale war erupted between Japan and China in 1937, but it was still a regional conflict at that point and not yet "a world war." Even once Germany invaded Poland in 1939 it was still two separate conflicts. It wasn't until Japan attacked Pearl Harbor that the two conflicts became part of one larger struggle that we refer to as WWII. So it is at least debatable.

I think TOD has great villains but I would have loved to see Indy battle the Imperial Japanese military on the big screen. A movie set during WWII would have been great but at this point Harrison is too old to portray the character at that stage of his life, even though Indy mentions in Skull that he was a part of missions in the Pacific Theater.
dr.jones1986 is offline   Reply With Quote