greatest horror movie ever

Montana Smith

Lonsome_Drifter said:
(Maybe spoilers for the old movie 'Cujo' in the post below)

Yes, Jaws is great. The feeling of being miles out on the open sea with a HUGE killer shark. That thought terrifies me.
I guess that is why I enjoy the movie Cujo. The main character is trapped with a slowly dying child while a large and deadly dog with rabies hounds their every chance of escape.
And, don't feel bad Montana. I enjoy the sequels to Jaws. :eek:

Never seen Omega Man, but it sounds interesting. I am gonna look into that flick.

Omega Man was Charlton Heston's take on the Richard Matheson novel, I Am Legend, which in itself is a great read.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
I watched one last night with the wife that I've never seen (she already seen it before, she is a huge horror fan and has literally hundreds of horror movies), it was called The Video Dead. It was cheesy and fun and had zombies. So it was a good time in my book.

Never heard of that one.

The original Romero Day of the Dead gave me nightmares after I first saw it on video.

Dead Snow is still my favourite zombie flick, for great black comedy laughs.

Zombi 2 is memorable for the shark attacking the zombie, and for the girl who decides to take a dip..

The Fog is a classic that I think still stands the test of time.

The Drifter

Montana Smith said:

The original Romero Day of the Dead gave me nightmares after I first saw it on video.

Dead Snow is still my favourite zombie flick, for great black comedy laughs.

Zombi 2 is memorable for the shark attacking the zombie, and for the girl who decides to take a dip..

The Fog is a classic that I think still stands the test of time.

I enjoyed the original Day of the Dead as well. But, I like Romero's Night of the Living Dead the best. I also love the 90s remake.
Zombi 2 never done it for me. I heard great things about it and bought it on dvd a few years ago, and never really liked it at all.

I also enjoy Return of the Living Dead for the camp-factor. Also, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things is another favorite, but not many people have ever watched it.

DocWhiskey

The Exorcist still spooks me.

Funny Games doesn't necessarily scare me, but it makes me damn uncomfortable.

Montana Smith

DocWhiskey said:
The Exorcist still spooks me.

I've never seen it. When I was at school it was spoken of in tones of reverence as the most shocking thing ever comimtted to film.

DocWhiskey said:
Funny Games doesn't necessarily scare me, but it makes me damn uncomfortable.

The Happening fits that description for me. The subject matter is very disturbing, especially the scenes on the building site. The story was presented with an understated manner, making the happenings more horrific.

Cloverfield comes close as well to presenting a more realistic horror, but the constantly shifting camera gives me motion sickeness! :sick: