Ideas For New Indy Actor

put down another vote for Karl Urban! (y)

Ive been dead set against recasting Indy for the longest time, escpecially with all the horrible names people keep throwing out. Yet Urban sticks out...I can see it. Loved everything he's done thus far. He can definietly nail the action and the humor, and he looks like a manly actor. The latter is something that is hard to find in Hollywood these days.

Hanselation

featofstrength said:
..... The latter is something that is hard to find in Hollywood these days.

When I think about this, what's with Joe Flanigan? In my opinion his look AND his acting fit nearly perfect to the role of Indiana Jones.

http://www.zimbio.com/Joe+Flanigan

Joe+Flanigan+Global+Green+USA+3rd+Annual+Pre+2Q79jTRyx46l.jpg

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281167/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

hemble

Hanselation said:
When I think about this, what's with Joe Flanigan? In my opinion his look AND his acting fit nearly perfect to the role of Indiana Jones.

http://www.zimbio.com/Joe+Flanigan

Joe+Flanigan+Global+Green+USA+3rd+Annual+Pre+2Q79jTRyx46l.jpg

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0281167/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

Totally agree 100% Flanigan is an awesome choice for Indy, I remember watching all the SG Atlantis series and thinking here's the next Indiana Jones.

Don't get me wrong Harrison will always be the one and only Indiana Jones but if we all want to see more movies and products which I honestly do we all have to bite the bullet and let it happen.

Ron

Le Saboteur

Hanselation said:

ohmigawd! So, like, totally no. Hashtag totes gay.

Javier-Bardem-Daniel-Craig-Gay-Skyfall-2013-Gif-1.gif

foreignerfred

Spurlock said:
To be honest, he's a pretty good choice. He's got chops via Zero Dark Thirty, and he nails the scruffy look.

chrisprattzerodarkthirty_350_020513.jpg

Pratt's role in Jurassic World sounds like he'll get a trial Indy run:

"Chris Pratt has been discussing his role in the upcoming Jurassic World with MTV Movies (via Screen Rant).

The actor, who can be heard playing Emmet in The LEGO Movie, was asked if his character, an ex-military type, had anything in common with series protagonists Dr Alan Grant (Sam Neill) or Dr Ian Malcolm (Jeff Goldblum).

"He?s got a little of both," said Pratt. "He?s got a little bit of the Goldblum cynicism but also the Sam Neill excitement at the wonder of the biology of it all, so it?s a combination.?

Source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/02...ic-world-role-part-ian-malcom-part-alan-grant

New actors

Themore I think about it, none of the actors mentioned even feels right. I keep saying SPF but thats only because he has some experience with the character in Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. But even seems out of place. Maybe that young guy that does the impressions that is pretty much the spitting image of a young Ford. Seems to me a virtual unknown would have to be cast in the role. I think the audience would be a little more forgiving than if they used an established actor liek Karl Urban, Chris Pratt or Chrise Pine. Look Superman Returns with Brandon Roth as an example. He got a lot of backlash (although I thought he did a great job with what he was given). He was given the task of playing the character as Christopher Reeve would have played him, not bring a new interpretation like Henry Cavill did. With Indy, not sure bringing a new interpretation would work. The actor would basically have to be playing Harrison Ford playing Indiana Jones. With that being said, the guy that does the impressions would be the best choice. But can he carry an entire movie?

DoomsdayFAN

tumblr_n1799yia8Z1snbw29o4_500.gif

Deja Vu! Hello Temple of Doom!

Someday, inevitably when Indy is rebooted or recast, I think Pratt would make for an excellent replacement. He's got the look (especially if he up-keeps his new body) and the acting skills. Not only can he come across serious, but with some humor too. Granted, I would like future films to be a little more on the serious side like Raiders, but I think Pratt could more than pull it off.

indiana-jones-adventure_thumb.jpg

indianajonesart52620123.jpeg

New Indy actors

Just because an actor has been photographed with beard stubble does not qualify them to play Indiana Jones.

As much as I'd like to see this franchise move forward after Harrison, I just don't think anyone mentioned really fits the bill despite my previous contributions to this thread.

I am more eager for the Old Indy trilogy with Harrison that began with KotCS and will hopefully span two more movies than a reboot at this point.

jtmitch

I totally agree. If you look at Ford, he still has the look and is in shape. I think its just a fun idea for us throw out these ideas...there will only be one Indy and that's Ford.

bennihana123

Disney owns the franchise now, and I'm sure they're going to take advantage of it sooner rather than later. If we're getting a new film with Ford I'd expect it to be out within five years. If they decide to recast the role they may be fast tracking the project as well in order to have a new Indy film be out around the time of one of the new Star Wars films.