KotCS comic adaptation

metalinvader

KotCS%20comic.jpg

throwmetheidol.com have unearthed the cover! Flippin' sweet!!(y)

Kingsley

Wow!... Shia and the sword, seems it will be a pretty iconic image in the story :whip:

And Indy looks very good.... with South Americas silhouette in the background?

Professor Jones

I don't know... it doesn't convince me... I'll wait to see the full dimension. The style reminds me too much the style of the covers for the last star wars comics, that I don't appreciate too much. That Shia with the sword seems a jedi knight! eheheh ;)

Dr.Sartorius

Avilos said:
http://www.steveandersondesign.com/gallery.php?sort=nameASC&perPage=9&album=Indy

That cover was done by Steve Anderson. He does computer photo collages. He has done work for MANY Star Wars products. I checked his website and he recently added an Indiana Jones section to his portfolio. It says he is be adding 10 images from Indy IV soon! Surprisingly
he does not have that above image on his own site yet.

Actually part of the picture is on his site:

http://www.steveandersondesign.com/folio.htm

Professor Jones

Maybe he'll fill up the painting with a few other character or with some more background elements that will render it more appealing to my (personal) taste... anyway regarding its starwars works, some of them are very impressive, others I like less, but, as I said, it's a matter of tastes. In every case I would prefere something more classic.. preferibly not photo-based.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
:D
That look on Indy's face is the most Indyish thing I've seen since marketing for this film has begun*.

So why is this shot on a comic book cover and not right over at the official website? (Alright, maybe it will be there...some time... The thing is just that I like this single shot of him even more than the three promotional shots released earlier...)

*You know...we've seen the whip, hat, the classroom he teaches in...we've seen it all. But what I see in this shot is Indy's heart and soul. He looks older and weary but young at heart, cool but in awe of something...and in his eyes the look of an educated ...swashbuckling raider of things lost...

btw: thanks Avilos and Sartorius for all the additional information.

Last edited:

Professor Jones

torao said:
we've seen the whip, hat, the classroom he teaches in...we've seen it all. But what I see in this shot is Indy's heart and soul. He looks older and weary but young at heart, cool but in awe of something...and in his eyes the look of an educated ...swashbuckling raider of things lost...

We already saw that look and that eyes... it seems to be taken from the part of the movie shot in Hawaii.. I'm pretty sure that that particular expression is the one Indy has in the video of the first footage (called "Indiana Jones Comicon Preview", released on 7.27.07 in the official site), when he seats with Shia on what seems to be a truck or something. It's probably been used a photo on location of the same scene.

Professor Jones

ResidentAlien said:
From his website...
And a little photoshopping reveals this hidden Indy... :)

It's not bad, but I don't like it... I'm very affectionated to the old Hugh Fleming covers for the Dark Horse Indy saga.

Professor Jones said:
It's not bad, but I don't like it... I'm very affectionated to the old Hugh Fleming covers for the Dark Horse Indy saga.

Oh man, I love it. It reminds me a lot of Raiders Indy. And the skulls in the background are chilling.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Professor Jones said:
We already saw that look and that eyes... it seems to be taken from the part of the movie shot in Hawaii.. I'm pretty sure that that particular expression is the one Indy has in the video of the first footage (called "Indiana Jones Comicon Preview", released on 7.27.07 in the official site), when he seats with Shia on what seems to be a truck or something. It's probably been used a photo on location of the same scene.

mmmhhh.....:) ...you could be right. They're at least very similar *lol*

As far as the background of his announcement is concerned...isn't that obviously Indy from Raiders? (Good eye, btw, ResidentAlien!)

torao said:
mmmhhh.....:) ...you could be right. They're at least very similar *lol*

As far as the background of his announcement is concerned...isn't that obviously Indy from Raiders? (Good eye, btw, ResidentAlien!)

Purely by accident. Had my laptop in my lap, I shifted position, the screen tilted back and the image popped out. All I had to do was alter the brightness and the contrast. :)

tnswman

If you want your own version of thios image...Go to your local Comic book store and buy a copie of the new Previews order book that cam out last fri....There is a full page add of this image in there.

No Ticket

I'm confused, the second picture (the one where the white was removed) is part of the same comic cover as the first? They don't look the same!

The first one looks pretty cool, but it's just too darn small to see the detail in it.