Dark Horse art quality

BrodyIsDead

Does anybody else think that the Dark Horse Indy comics are a bit rubbish? I've just read Atlantis for the first time and the drawing's are awful - not like any of the characters I know and love at all...

Anybody know if the drawings improve as the series went on? :whip:

macwizard

are you kidding me? i liked the drawings in atlantis. also, the story is excellent, use your imagination. marcus did seem a little off though, but indy's lines and overall attitude was right on. marcus and indy were the only old characters, so how was this unlike "any of the characters I know and love at all."?

I think he's right. I started reading Atlantis last night and found Indy to not be right. He's not as smart, doesn't seem to know any of the other languages and little things like that. I'll be reading the rest of the Dark Horse soon so I hope he gets better. The story seems to be ok, but I'll know how I feel after I finish it tonight.

ElodieJones

I love all the English Indy comics.
The French ones are really bad. The drawings are so bad :sick:

I have all the English comics, Marvel and Dark Horse.
I found the drawings very good.
Some are different, but they are all good !
It's very difficult to draw a comics, many drawings to do.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
What annoys me about the comics is that it's hard to get down here... I've been lucky and got 1, 3 & 4 of FoA, but still on the hunt for the Marvels, particularly The Search For Abner issues. All the more reason why I'm going to Supanova in a week's time. It'll be awesome. A friend of mine's going goth and I'm..... well, I think you guys would know what I would do by now.... I would think so anyway...

indifan101

Never! Dark Horse comics are the best comics in the world! FoA was a little off but you should see the inks in Spear of Destiny! Incredible detail!:D

Canyon

indifan101 said:
Never! Dark Horse comics are the best comics in the world! FoA was a little off but you should see the inks in Spear of Destiny! Incredible detail!:D

I agree completely. :D

I have all of the Indy Dark Horse Comics (minus an YIC one) and a lot of the artwork is incredible. In my opinion, the best artwork inside the comics I've seen is Indiana Jones and the Golden Fleece. If you're a female Indy fan, some of the drawings are to die for. :eek:

HovitosKing said:
You have to admit though, Dark Horse had some kickass Indy comic coverart.

Absolutely. :whip:

indifan101

Canyon, have you should seen the artwork in Sargasso pirates! That's answome series! The fourth one was my favorite.:D

Canyon

indifan101 said:
Canyon, have you should seen the artwork in Sargasso pirates! That's answome series! The fourth one was my favorite.:D

But of course! :D Indy with his shirt off is always good for me. :eek:

Ooh, my aching hormones.....

BrodyIsDead

Whoa, really created a hot topic here...

Anyway, overall I don't think I like Marvel OR Dark Horse very much - I basically can't wait for the new generation of comics that Indy IV will spawn and we'll see how the modern comic artists approach the ink of Indy...

Should be interesting to watch! :p

Cammy

I have a lot of trouble finding Indy comics here as well as I'm in Australia too. Not too many comic shops seem to stock them sadly. I do have a few old Marvel ones though. If they brought out trade paperbacks of them, that would make my life a lot easier!

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
I have only ever found Dark Horse comics and only at Supanova. However, I got a pretty good lead into the Indy Marvel collection....When I go to uni, I'll see if this storer still has them....

indifan101

Violet Indy said:
I have only ever found Dark Horse comics and only at Supanova. However, I got a pretty good lead into the Indy Marvel collection....When I go to uni, I'll see if this storer still has them....

If you have a half priced books store, I'd look there. Thats where I found Indiana Jones and the Fate Of Atlantis, Golden Fleece, Iron Phoneix, Spear of Destiny, Thunder in the Orient, Shrine of the Sea Devil, Sargasso Pirates and the comic release of The Last Crusade!:D Ya just gotta keep your eyes open!;)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Violet Indy just got her hands on 3 Marvels for $1.50 AUD. There are more but she got tired of looking. Yay for me!!!:whip:

Indy's Fist

Dark Horse covers TOO good?

I noticed that the covers of all the DH comics were outstanding. Then I open the issue to see art that was less than stellar. Anyone else feel this way?

Indy's Fist said:
I noticed that the covers of all the DH comics were outstanding. Then I open the issue to see art that was less than stellar. Anyone else feel this way?

No, it's not that they're "too good" it's just that the inside art is not good enough. In fact, it's flat-out awful for the most part. But yeah, I love the covers.