Nazi Rally Music?

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
I suppose when I hear the music I feel Nazi Germany. And I think Indy when I think Nazy Germany.

It may be a skewed perspective of it all, in fact it is, but it's music that goes with a surrounding, and in the film I like it very much, the entire scene.

Trev

Marion&Indy

the nazi theme was in the movie cause it had nazi's in it...the nazi's are the main bad guys in the last crusade, so the theme in there served a purpose, the nazi theme isn't in the last crusade cause it's a fun song to listen to, it's in there to go along with the freaky nazi's... the purpose of a soundtrack is so people can listen to music they enjoy listening to, the nazi theme is not on the soundtarck cause noone would have thought anyone would enjoy listening to a nazi theme!

N

ne1butme

oh my god, you people are unbelievable. A piece of music (Instrumental) is just a piece of music. There is no message, no evil hidden ideas. A well orchastrated musical number is a wonderful thing. DId everyone want to be a naazi when they heard the march in Last Crusade? I doubt it. I was unaware that the march was the nazi anthem until i posted this question yesterday. I really like the march, it's clever and interesting. Am i a nazi now? I also happen to really enjoy the Soviet national anthem, with it's Male Choir. Am i a communist? Or am i just a person who can appreciate well written music.
I got my answer, thanks. Now lets end this arguement.

Art is not evil.

ne1butme....

DutchIndy

Do I listen to the Soundtrax? Yes. Why do I wan't it on the Soundtrack? Because I am a collector. And I want it all. It is Indy related, so why not. Ya know were I think of when I hear that music BTW? John Cleese and his funny walk. Man gotta love that walk! :D

Raffey

ne1butme said:
oh my god, you people are unbelievable. A piece of music (Instrumental) is just a piece of music. There is no message, no evil hidden ideas. A well orchastrated musical number is a wonderful thing. DId everyone want to be a naazi when they heard the march in Last Crusade? I doubt it. I was unaware that the march was the nazi anthem until i posted this question yesterday. I really like the march, it's clever and interesting. Am i a nazi now? I also happen to really enjoy the Soviet national anthem, with it's Male Choir. Am i a communist? Or am i just a person who can appreciate well written music.
I got my answer, thanks. Now lets end this arguement.

Art is not evil.

ne1butme....

Tell that to the Jews who feared for their life as they ran from the Nazi goon squads who LOVED to use Nazi propaganda (such as art depicting the wonders of Nazi and Hiter) to spread their message and yes...they used music as well.

Art isn't evil. The people who use it for malicious purposes are...

However, everyone has a RIGHT to their own opinion and I'd hate to be the downer in this thread by not clicking my bootheels, Sieg Hiel'ing the lot of you all and downloading the greatest hits of Nazi Germany at Nazi-napster.com.

Oh yeah, if I remember correctly the quote was 'Nazis...I hate these guys...not Nazis, I hate these guys but that music is catchy!' :rolleyes:

So while your having fun, I'll switch to another topic...:D

Trevor G

TR.N Staff Member
LOL Raffey. How is it you can crack me up so often, even when I don't agree with you in some respects.:D

Trev

DrJones56

IndyFan
Raffey said:
Oh yeah, if I remember correctly the quote was 'Nazis...I hate these guys...not Nazis, I hate these guys but that music is catchy!' :rolleyes:

So while your having fun, I'll switch to another topic...:D

LMAO!!! Good point, I think... :D

Marion&Indy

Tell that to the Jews who feared for their life as they ran from the Nazi goon squads who LOVED to use Nazi propaganda (such as art depicting the wonders of Nazi and Hiter) to spread their message and yes...they used music as well.

Art isn't evil. The people who use it for malicious purposes are...

However, everyone has a RIGHT to their own opinion and I'd hate to be the downer in this thread by not clicking my bootheels, Sieg Hiel'ing the lot of you all and downloading the greatest hits of Nazi Germany at Nazi-napster.com.

So while your having fun, I'll switch to another topic...:D [/B][/QUOTE]

exactly raffey!!!! i totally agree!!!!!!

DutchIndy

I know what you all mean and I respect your opinions BIGTIME! And Yes. I HATE THOSE F^@&@ing (neo)Nazi's, ya'll don't even know how much I bet.

-Dutch

westford

ne1butme said:
A well orchastrated musical number is a wonderful thing.
I'm with you on that one. I didn't know it was an actual Nazi anthem, but it's still a good tune. And I'm not a Nazi / facist / whatever, just someone who enjoys music.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Look, I hate the Nazis...I love freedom, I'm a proud American (no, not an Imperialistic chauvinist...I mean a good, proud American ;))...but that doesn't mean I can't admire Vladimir Lenin and still admire Thomas Jefferson, or that I must abandon Charles Lindbergh and Henry Ford as national heroes simply because they were Anti-Semetic...

I believe in religious freedom. Genocide is the enemy of everyone, including those that are exacting the genocide. For example, when the Spanish of Ferdinand and Isabella's era pushed out all the Jews and Muslims, they lost some of the best people they had.

But art is art. I don't care what it stands for, if it's good art, it can be admired. I, personally, enjoy Der Koniggartzer. I also think Deutschland Uber Alles is a fine piece of music, as is La Marseille, and Stars and Stripes Forever and Rule Britainnia and many other pieces of patriotic music, no matter what the ideas behind the people who used it. D.W. Griffith portrayed the Ku Klux Klan positively, for God's sake, but that doesn't mean it isn't worth watching Birth of a Nation.

It's a fine march...even if the people marching to it were marching to the beat of a madman's drum.

Clem

I've heard this track several years ago on a german party. They used it for the "Karneval in Cologne".

Mara God

I've actually listened to that song a couple times... and this is what I have to say: Heil Hitla'!

JUST KIDDING!!! I do however think it's not a bad song... if it wasn't a Nazi thing (to quote Indy, "Nazis... I hate these guys.) I might like it more, but as it is, it's just a nice little piece of tune!

manman

"nazi anthem/ german anthem

horst wessel is the nazi anthem, deutchland uber alles is the national anthem of which only the 3rd verse is used , to the hymn tune "Syon city of our god".