What's your favorite food?

Kate

In the spirit (no pun intended) of the wondrous "What's your drink of choice?" thread, here I ask you this: Raveners, what is your favorite food?

Mine would have to be beef stroganoff..... it rules!

Tennessee R

Great Thread, Kate

country fried steak,
fried chicken,
squash,
turnip greens,
salad with all the trimmings,
creamed corn,
Boston Creme Rolls,
Baked Potatoes,
Beef Stroganoff,

A lot of food that no-one else likes ;)

I

Indy_Jones88

Tennessee R said:
Great Thread, Kate

country fried steak,
fried chicken,
squash,
turnip greens,
creamed corn,
Boston Creme Rolls,
Baked Potatoes,
Beef Stroganoff,

I like almost everything on that list.

My absolute favortie food is Chicago Style Pizza. Each piece weighs a pound. Umm Umm

Pale Horse

Staff member
Japanese, for freshness
Italian, for comfort
American, for gluttony
Mexican, for literary reasons

just depends on my mood. But as I am an award winning cook, whatever I make is good.

Finn

Staff member
Fried reindeer, potato mash, lingonberry jam, some dill. There's no better thing on Earth.

I am starved and while Tenessee R took me to heaven with his listing , Pale wolf det me to thinking and Finnn made me to wonder.
How does a perosn that likes every thing almost answer that.

Especially if you cannot spell what you can cook. I too am a fine chef and a great cook big difference and rarley do either.

Prime rib
baked Idaho
Shrimp coctail
Wilted spinish salad
French onion soup ( garlic base baked bread topped)
Homade yeast rolls
fresh pig meat
red eye sop
hen fruit from nest
spring morning
wood cook stove
and child hood memories

VP

Moderator Emeritus
Mushroom and bacon spaghetti. Tasty, fatty and unhealthy. Mmm.

Last edited:

LASTCRUSADER

I would have to say that one of my favorite dishes is Chinese food. Other then that there is nothing like a home made turkey dinner.

Luckylighter

Tennessee R said:
Great Thread, Kate

country fried steak,
fried chicken,
squash,
turnip greens,
creamed corn,
Boston Creme Rolls,
Baked Potatoes,
Beef Stroganoff,

Sounds like somebody's a regular at the local Cracker Barrel. ;)

Kate, I think the question is what foods don't I like, but if I had to pick a favorite, it would be Japanese. I love sushi, I love those hibachi restaurants where they grill right in front of you.

My dad was stationed in Japan in the Air Force, and he used to go to these Gyoza bars. Gyoza is a type of Japanese dumpling that is pan fried then steamed fried, and they give you this amazing dipping sauce made of soy sauce, rice vinegar, seseme oil, MSG, and crushed red pepper. Years later, my dad asked the owner of a local Japanese restaurant about the dumplings he had back in the service. He gave my dad the ingrediants, and we've been making it ever since. Let me put it to you this way...I've never not known about Gyoza, to give you an idea how long this wonderful food has been in my life...it's been in my life ALL my life.

I really like Cajun food, too. Especially jambalaya, which I have an awesome recipe for, by the way.

Indyologist

I love, love, LOVE Indian food. And NO, it's not all flaming hot curry. People have that misconception about Indian food. Yes, it's best known for curry, but there are so MANY other dishes to try besides that. It's especially nice if you are a vegetarian (not me), because there are a lot of meatless dishes.

As far as spiciness goes, you can make any dish, including curry, as hot or as mild as you want it.

Kate

I LOVE Indian food too, and am the only one in my family who does, so we never get it much. Have you ever tried coconut soup? It's da bomb! :)

Indyologist

Kate said:
I LOVE Indian food too, and am the only one in my family who does, so we never get it much. Have you ever tried coconut soup? It's da bomb! :)

Coconut soup? Nope, I've never seen that offered at an Indian place. I LOVE coconuts, though, so I bet it would be de-lish.

However, I have had a couple of makhani dishes. They are made with a sauce of butter and coconut milk. Uber fattening!