Indiana Jones in New Haven - news, updates and everything else

ReXX KiLLeR

I'm sorry, this article is the fact, but I hope there won't be more of this kind of detailed stuff... yet...

(and I hope this thread will be a definitive warning not only for the fans...)

Finn

Staff member
Let's mind the spoiler warnings. And no more typing the whole title with CapsLock on please, hurts the eyes.

ReXX KiLLeR

Thanx... is it somehow possible to edit/delete messages also after 30 minutes?

The set date should be out of the thread name... is it possible to change it for "set date" for example yet?

Echo22

This is probably all info that we will have pieced together by the beginning of July anyway. We still do not know who is chasing him or if it's he that is, in fact, chasing someone. Maybe such a ruckus is caused that he's being chased by the cops while those that he might be pursuing get away (as we've seen in countless Bond movies). I'm trying to figure out why someone would be after him on his own home turf. Maybe the Mob? But why are they hanging out at Yale? Will it be Yale? Does it take place during the day or night? Is it a bicycle or motorcycle he's riding? Who else is involved? We still know very little. I'm betting that this scene will be placed in the same section of the movie that we saw Nepal or Venice - I'm not thinking the opening scene, though. My guess is that our first vision of Indiana Jones (after so many years) will show him in his typical leather jacket and fedora - somewhere a little more exotic. If he's on a Campus somewhere, there's little reason for that attire.

I, for one, am happy to hear these tidbits - especially the year it takes place. '57 makes sense. This scene has American Graffiti written all over it. About 5 years earlier.

Though, I do agree that too much info will take away from the experience. When the really big spoilers start rolling in, I hope they'll be labeled. (Hard to believe that we're talking about spoilers.)

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think they'll use the collapsing bonfire scene, after the Texas A&M University 1999 tragedy that killed 11 students. But I like the bit with the float. Apparently the chicken wire stays on Indy's car the rest of the chase. It's like something from Animal House.

Avilos

In terms of Spoilers - The Genie is out of the bottle folks! Its NOT going back in!

This was inevitable! They are shooting on location in public places. Needing the cooperation of locals and business owners. There is no way they can control leaks in this situation. That is why we have heard so little official details. Because so much is bound to be leaked and together we would have a pretty complete idea of what the movie is about -in the broad strokes at least.

If anyone is concerned about seeing spoilers they are going to have stop using the internet for the next year. Or at least do not seek out any info an the movie.

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
We do have a way of posting spoilers:
What you see here is a spoiler

Just add [ spoiler ] & [ /spoiler ] (without spaces) around the text that you are posting.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
They'll make good use of Yale, but it won't be Yale.
Yale became coeducational in 1969. In '57 it was all one gender (guys).

Dr.Sartorius

Maybe its time two Indy 4 forums are created, a spoiler-free forum and a spoiler forum. :D

1957.....that would mean Indy 4 takes place 19 years after Last Crusade...So both Indy and Harrison have aged the same amount of years...Harrison will still be playing himself about 7 years younger though.

I'm guessing part of the movie deals with Indy considering retiring, but is somehow either forced or lured into going on another adventure...:D

This all sounds really great, though I too doubt it will be known as Yale in the actual movie.

A little confused though - why would the briefing to officials need to reveal the year of the film's setting and/or where in the film the action is placed??

whipple

I have to say I have been drooling over any and all Indy 4 news, but, now that I'm beginning to read some very specific stuff... I'm not so sure I want to know. I think the things I would actually like to know in the months leading up to the trailer are: the rest of the cast, a pic of Ford all decked out, (maybe) the mcguffin... and perhaps the occasional grainy pic of something you can't quite make out on set.

ReXX KiLLeR

I don't know what the people are waiting for, I feel that more or less "everything is alright", news are being written like it would be about bananas (what will be left for the official site?)... Steven Spielberg should be warned (though George Lucas did it...) immediately, because this deep leak of informations (all the more if also regarding another scenes later...) will ruin not just the movie-the surprise, but also the years full of mysteries we've been waiting for it...

That's not just mouths of the people who have something to do with the preparing of the location for the shooting or Spielberg's spokesperson Marvin Levy - but also mouths of people who weren't and aren't allowed to talk about it... I doubt people of streets of New Haven etc. are here to romance together about details of scenes creating the Movie...

(though for example
a bike
could be a tip, because it's one of the types of transport that haven't appeared in any film about Indiana Jones yet, if I'm not mistaken now...)

I really doubt this is a kind of sweet dessert or a way of serving it Spielberg has in his mind... we should try to help him... he's doing it also for us and he hadn't to...

I showed the informations from the article as a fact, that this is just lit up already, tear to that... but that's not all I've left here...

Last edited:

misnomer

IndyFan89 said:
This is my favorite qoute:

Give's me chills.

I have a suspiscion thats a reference to the basket scene in raiders....I think we are going to see, as described in saucermen, the car disappear up a ramp and into the back of a truck

Issard

All I know is, this is exactly what it felt like when reports first started coming in about Episode I. Everyone was just giddy to get the first scoop, the first photo, the first everything. Whatever that means, I don't know, but this is just what it felt like in '98. ;)

MsIndy07

I understand exactly how you felt! I used to check the boards for RoTS everyday till it's release. I was completely hooked! :whip: