General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

Rivers

Hmmm. I listened to the sound bite and he said that a new Indy film has just been inked. Like to know what his source is???

Papa Jones

Rivers said:
Hmmm. I listened to the sound bite and he said that a new Indy film has just been inked. Like to know what his source is???

So do I. The info was brought by an so-called "Hollywood Insider". Meh.

kevster

Papa Jones said:
Another "rumor" heard on KLUV Radio (Jody Dean & the Morning Team). Henry Jones Sr. back for a KOTCS prequel? Personnaly, I'm rather skeptical...

http://kluv.radio.com/

(Check the news from 16th feb.)

Who said it's gonna be a prequel? Who said Henry Jones Sr. back was really dead in the fourth one? ;) ;)

Indy's brother

Well, here's the transcript, beginning @ 1:38 in the audio
More news about the movie industry, Sean Connery has agreed to be Harrison Ford's father, again. Another Indiana Jones just got inked.
I'm really hoping there's an ounce of truth to this one....

EDIT: now that this link has been posted here, I wonder how long it will take for this rumor to spread online. I haven't seen it reported elsewhere....yet.

Last edited:

Indy's brother

Tried to tack this onto my last post but I timed out. If this is true, what exactly does "got inked" mean? That the deal to make the movie got inked, or that the script is written. If it's the latter and the rumor is true, who wrote it, and how on earth did it get written without anyone knowing who the scribe is?

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Well, here's the transcript, beginning @ 1:38 in the audio I'm really hoping there's an ounce of truth to this one....

Hard to believe that Connery's bored enough with retirement to go back into film (unless it's just an iddy widdy little cameo role).

Never say never again, again, eh, Sean?

Indy's brother

Of the Indy 5 rumors that have been kicked around since KOTCS, I think I lke this one the most. And it's not because of Sean Connery's potential return, but because of the implications of it. Sr. may or may not be dead, depending on the approach that could be taken by writing him in. If he is in fact dead as a doornail, then Indy 5 could be a prequel....if there is any truth to this one. If it's a prequel, that could mean a return for Mac. It could also be following the OT blueprint for a 2nd trilogy, with films shot back-to-back. I try and usually succeed in keeping my nerdcore fandom at a sustainably low roar, but at he thought of a full 2nd trilogy.....I visibly noticed my hands shaking when I started thinking about it all a few minutes ago. I'm better now, though. For now.
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Rivers

kevster said:
Who said it's gonna be a prequel? Who said Henry Jones Sr. back was really dead in the fourth one? ;) ;)

Henry Jones Sr passes away in 1951.

if Connery is back in some capacity Im sure it will be in a flash back for the teaser at the beginning or something similar.
It wont be a prequel. If it was, they would have to set it in 1951 or earlier for Connery to appear.
That is 6 years before KOTCS. By the time they start filming it, lets say next year, Harrison will now be 4 years older. This makes him 10 years older than he should be for the role of a 52 year old Indy.
Yes they can do wonderful things with CGI but they wont do a whole movie de-aging Harrison. Besides that would kill the whole notion of less CGI they have.

Papa Jones

Montana Smith said:
I looked for references on Google for the last 24 hours, and this story is going nowhere online. Sounds like another joke.

Yep, I also googled Mike Evans, his reputation as self-proclaimed star interviewer is far from good. Another dead-end...

Darth Vile

Rivers said:
Henry Jones Sr passes away in 1951.

if Connery is back in some capacity Im sure it will be in a flash back for the teaser at the beginning or something similar.
It wont be a prequel. If it was, they would have to set it in 1951 or earlier for Connery to appear.
That is 6 years before KOTCS. By the time they start filming it, lets say next year, Harrison will now be 4 years older. This makes him 10 years older than he should be for the role of a 52 year old Indy.
Yes they can do wonderful things with CGI but they wont do a whole movie de-aging Harrison. Besides that would kill the whole notion of less CGI they have.

I think Lucas/Spielberg could easily write themselves out of that particular corner. For example, Henry Jones Sr might have been presumed dead/lost following a plane crash, avalanche, boat sinking etc. etc (take your pick). Not saying it's a good idea, or that they'd even do it that way... but I think it's easily written around if they wanted Connery back for a fifth... :)

Montana Smith

Darth Vile said:
I think Lucas/Spielberg could easily write themselves out of that particular corner. For example, Henry Jones Sr might have been presumed dead/lost following a plane crash, avalanche, boat sinking etc. etc (take your pick). Not saying it's a good idea, or that they'd even do it that way... but I think it's easily written around if they wanted Connery back for a fifth... :)

Yes, he could have gone the way of Abner Ravenwood.

During a crisis of conscience Grey Cloud hooks up Indy and he goes on a Vision Quest. Henry Sr steps through the mist...

"...junior?"

Last edited: