Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - TV Rips ?

soyo

Hello guys :)

I'm in search of original broadcasted in TV episodes of the show, that included the old indy parts. I watched it as a kid, and I just hate the new DVD edition that I found, cause it cut off all the parts that made this show so briliant for a young kid that I was once. I was looking for it for sentimental reasons and I came about this forum, and after some good portion of search, I came around something that is called the Bewolf set of DVD's that apparently was once floating around here somewhere.

Would it be possible, to get this set somehow from you guys (hopefully somebody have it in his collection) ?

Obviously I don't expect to put 25 DVD's on the web somewhere with all the extra stuff and all, but maybe it would be doable, to make rips just of those episodes. So around 350-700 mb for an episode, and couple episodes or so a week, so that all set could be ripped in couple months.

Is it possible, anybody would do me (maybe others as well) this huge favour ?

Thanks for your time guys
cheers

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Yeah, Lonsome's pointing you in the right direction, there. I hate to do this to your first thread, but my assumption would be that this Bewolf set is something less than legal. Also, to be honest with you, I'm not sure that anyone here even has it.

So, as it stands, check out Lonsome's thread, and, eventually you'll make your way to StooTV, which is just about the most concentrated bit of Indiana Jones video goodness that you <I>can't</I> get in stores: all of the Old Indy clips included, as well as a few of the scenes that were cut from the film version of the Young Indy series.

I'm going to leave this open for now, to give any of our resident young Indy experts around here to throw in any other important info.

soyo

Thanks guys for some replies.

Lonsome_Drifter said:
Here's a thread by Stoo. He uploaded the Old Indy bookends, and some other goodies. I hope this helps you some.
http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=12432
Yeah, I know about it.

When I was looking in the web about it, I came around his youtube channel where he did put those parts.

However, I'd like to have the episodes, as they were broadcasted in TV, which is how I remembered them. Having DVD's from official release, and then have those clips is definetly better, than not having those old indy scenes altogether, but I'm looking for the perfect set, the one I remember watching as little kid, which is the episodes in original, as it was screened in TV, version.

Also, the DVD episodes were edited from what I found out, besides cutting the old Indy part, were they not ? So it's not exactly DVD's + Old Indy parts = TV version of those episodes.

Attila the Professor said:
Yeah, Lonsome's pointing you in the right direction, there. I hate to do this to your first thread, but my assumption would be that this Bewolf set is something less than legal. Also, to be honest with you, I'm not sure that anyone here even has it.
There would be no problem, if official release of DVD's was as it should be, meaning as the episodes were shown in TV ;) It's not my fault they were changed.

So indeed, it's not entirely legal, but it's not by choice. If there were DVD's that would have the preserved version as it was screened, besides the "movie" style DVD's that are available, I would not be looking for them from "other" sources.

As for this Bewolf set, couple people were talking about it here. For example T.E.Lawrence who said that he went to great lengths to get it. Also Stoo must have them, or must have those episodes in some other form. He had to have some source of the old Indy scenes, that he cut out from, hadn't he ? ;)

I'm going to leave this open for now, to give any of our resident young Indy experts around here to throw in any other important info.
Thank you. I appriciate it.

And like I've said guys. I'm just looking for those original broadcasted episodes, out of sentimental reasons. I remember watching this great show when I was very, very young, and that's why I have a big problem with "official" release of this show. When I don't see the old guy beginning the episode, like he was telling some great story, it's not the same for me. I'm no pirate or anything ;)

Attila the Professor

Staff member
soyo said:
There would be no problem, if official release of DVD's was as it should be, meaning as the episodes were shown in TV ;) It's not my fault they were changed.

So indeed, it's not entirely legal, but it's not by choice. If there were DVD's that would have the preserved version as it was screened, besides the "movie" style DVD's that are available, I would not be looking for them from "other" sources.

Yeah, that's clear. And believe me, this is the most concentrated locale for people who wish that the changes weren't made. But the fact that many of us wish it were different doesn't change the legality of it, and since The Raven is the most prominent Indiana Jones fan site, discussion of those bootlegs isn't something that might go unnoticed. So we take this seriously.

soyo said:
As for this Bewolf set, couple people were talking about it here. For example T.E.Lawrence who said that he went to great lengths to get it. Also Stoo must have them, or must have those episodes in some other form. He had to have some source of the old Indy scenes, that he cut out from, hadn't he ? ;)

Ah...Be<I>o</I>w<I>u</I>lf. That's why I wasn't able to find any prior mentions of the set on here. Well, this thread seems to be the focus of any knowledge about him. And to be honest, I don't know what Stoo has, because he definitely has his own tapes, from all that I can tell, and has put considerable effort into finding better versions of a number of the bookends. I don't think he had them all in a single place from the get-go.

soyo said:
Thank you. I appriciate it.

That's what we're here for.

soyo said:
And like I've said guys. I'm just looking for those original broadcasted episodes, out of sentimental reasons. I remember watching this great show when I was very, very young, and that's why I have a big problem with "official" release of this show. When I don't see the old guy beginning the episode, like he was telling some great story, it's not the same for me.

Understandable. Believe me, there's a whole bunch of nostalgists around here, of various stripes. It just sounds like that set, or any other form of the original episodes, might be hard to come by. Some judicious private messaging might help, though; you can tell who to contact.

soyo said:
I'm no pirate or anything ;)

Well, sure. Neither are we, is all. :hat:

MDew

Hey soyo, back in the day I bought the Curse of the Jackal & Princeton 1916 episodes from Beowulf. To tell the truth, they really were not the greatest quality. I remember watching them just for the bookends. (After all, they were recorded off TV back in the 90's with a VCR)

I've taken a few screenshots just to show you the quality so you can decide for yourself.

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Given that it was from a VCR, you inevitably get a few moments like this:
Screenshot 4
Screenshot 5

Personally, I think you'd have better luck tracking down somebody with the Japanese laserdisc set and having them rip that. There were 15 of the original episodes & the behind the scenes feature. The only bad part is that it has Japanese subtitles burned onto them. However, they'd be significantly better quality if you found someone who knew how to transfer it properly (and if the set was in good shape). I have an LD player and the quality falls somewhere between VHS & DVD.

Here's the episode listing on the LD:

Side 1 - EGYPT - May 1908
Side 2 - MEXICO - March 1916
Side 3 - VIENNA - November 1908
Side 4 - BRITISH EAST AFRICA - September 1909
Side 5 - PEKING - March 1910
Side 6 - LONDON - May 1916
Side 7 - SOMME - early August 1916
Side 8 - GERMANY - mid-August 1916
Side 9 - VERDUN - September 1916
Side 10 - PARIS - October 1916
Side 11 - GERMAN EAST AFRICA - December 1916
Side 12 - CONGO - January 1917
Side 13 - AUSTRIA - March 1917
Side 14 - BARCELONA - May 1917
Side 15 - PETROGRAD - July 1917
Side 16 - Making of THE YOUNG INDIANA JONES CHRONICLES

I'd also be interested if you managed to get a hold of that...(y)

Stoo

Attila the Professor said:
So, as it stands, check out Lonsome's thread, and, eventually you'll make your way to StooTV, which is just about the most concentrated bit of Indiana Jones video goodness that you <I>can't</I> get in stores: all of the Old Indy clips included, as well as a few of the scenes that were cut from the film version of the Young Indy series.
Thank you very much for the high praise, Attila, but just to be clear, not all of the Old Indy bookends have been uploaded yet.:eek: There are 2 more left and I'm saving them for a rainy day!;)
soyo said:
As for this Bewolf set, couple people were talking about it here. For example T.E.Lawrence who said that he went to great lengths to get it. Also Stoo must have them, or must have those episodes in some other form. He had to have some source of the old Indy scenes, that he cut out from, hadn't he ?;)
My collection is COMPLETE apart from approx. 10 seconds in the "Austria 1917" bookends (the TV reception cut out), and a glitch at the beginning of "Mystery of the Blues" (due to a MASSIVE snow storm in the northeast). Here's what I have:

-1st generation VHS of the entire N.American series. (Recorded by me 1992-93)
-2nd generation VHS of the 4 Family Channel movies. (Recorded by a young girl in the southern U.S. - obtained in 1996)
-2nd generation VHS of the Euro/Australian episodes. Dubbed in German. (Recorded by a Swiss guy from Austria's channel, ORF1 - obtained in 1996).
-DVD copies of some of the Euro/Australian episodes. English with Flemish subtitles. (Recorded by a Belgian Raven member - obtained in 2008).
-DVD copy of the 2-part Euro version of "Scandal of 1920". English with Flemish subtitles. (Recorded by a Belgian Raven member - obtained in 2008). This was needed because my VCR died and CHEWED UP my "Scandal" tape!:eek:
-Different VHS & DVD versions of the "Making of" special...(English WITH Japanese subtitles + German WITHOUT subtitles.) I want to combine these two to make an unblemished English version.
MDew said:
I've taken a few screenshots just to show you the quality so you can decide for yourself.
Egads! Mine look much better than those Beowulf examples. (All my tapes were recorded with the SP speed.)

indyclone25

soyo said:
Hello guys :)

I'm in search of original broadcasted in TV episodes of the show, that included the old indy parts. I watched it as a kid, and I just hate the new DVD edition that I found, cause it cut off all the parts that made this show so briliant for a young kid that I was once. I was looking for it for sentimental reasons and I came about this forum, and after some good portion of search, I came around something that is called the Bewolf set of DVD's that apparently was once floating around here somewhere.

Would it be possible, to get this set somehow from you guys (hopefully somebody have it in his collection) ?

Obviously I don't expect to put 25 DVD's on the web somewhere with all the extra stuff and all, but maybe it would be doable, to make rips just of those episodes. So around 350-700 mb for an episode, and couple episodes or so a week, so that all set could be ripped in couple months.

Is it possible, anybody would do me (maybe others as well) this huge favour ?

Thanks for your time guys
cheers
i have many on vhs taped from the television series , some have weather warnings on them ,(i'm from chicago) and i will see aht is passable . i can burn them onto dvds , let me know ?

soyo

Thanks a lot guys for replies !!!!

Let me clarify something up ;)

Obviously, I know that a rarity like that, doesn't come with a blu-ray quality. I'm not looking for quality, although obviously, it's always the best to look for the best out of the box.

But like I've said before. I'm looking for the episodes out of sentimental reasons, not to watch them with clarity on my HD tv ;) So I'm well aware, the quality won't be top. I will be happy either way, as long as it's watchable.

MDew said:
I'd also be interested if you managed to get a hold of that...(y)
If I do somehow, I will definetly let you know over here ;)

Thanks for the tip, and for the screenshots.

Stoo said:
Here's what I have:

-1st generation VHS of the entire N.American series. (Recorded by me 1992-93)
-2nd generation VHS of the 4 Family Channel movies. (Recorded by a young girl in the southern U.S. - obtained in 1996)
-2nd generation VHS of the Euro/Australian episodes. Dubbed in German. (Recorded by a Swiss guy from Austria's channel, ORF1 - obtained in 1996).
-DVD copies of some of the Euro/Australian episodes. English with Flemish subtitles. (Recorded by a Belgian Raven member - obtained in 2008).
-DVD copy of the 2-part Euro version of "Scandal of 1920". English with Flemish subtitles. (Recorded by a Belgian Raven member - obtained in 2008). This was needed because my VCR died and CHEWED UP my "Scandal" tape!:eek:
-Different VHS & DVD versions of the "Making of" special...(English WITH Japanese subtitles + German WITHOUT subtitles.) I want to combine these two to make an unblemished English version.
Yeah. That's what I figured, that you would be the best bet to look for those episodes. That's why I've sent you a PM before ;)

Is there any chance, you could make rips of the whole series ? It can be done by the june, december, doesn't matter to me, as long as somehow I can get hold on the episodes in their original form :(

indyclone25 said:
i have many on vhs taped from the television series , some have weather warnings on them ,(i'm from chicago) and i will see aht is passable . i can burn them onto dvds , let me know ?
It would be really fantastic !

Rad00

Its been quite awhile since this conversation was posted and was just wondering how the project was coming along. Im sure there are a few ppl still interested in this.:)