5th movie?

Forrestal1972 said:
The pubic went in droves and voted with their asses to see The Phantom Menace too. Doesn't mean it was any good.
Moonraker has about as much in common with Indy as German skin flicks have with the Sponge Bob Square Pants.

So, you're telling me that everyone views The Phantom Menace as a poor film? Delusional person you are, sir. It's all preference.
Moonraker not like Indy? Wrong. As I said before, tongue in cheek adventure.
Perhaps you have been watching different Indy movies? Movies in which Indy ponces around in a humourless manner.

Sort yourself out, newbie boy.

(By the way, it's Sankara stones.)

Last edited:

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
So, you're telling me that everyone views The Phantom Menace as a poor film? Delusional person you are, sir. It's all preference.
Moonraker not like Indy? Wrong. As I said before, tongue in cheek adventure.
Perhaps you have been watching different Indy movies? Movies in which Indy ponces around in a humourless manner.

Sort yourself out, newbie boy.
Reparte worthy of the monkey who eats the bad dates. Not exactly rapier-shape wit you're displaying there Gruber. After I went to the trouble of throwing in some Indy referencesis and this is the best you can do. And what's with the newbie boy. If newbie means having seen Raiders when I was 7 first time round in 1980, then newbie I am so. And please explain why you believe I perfer Indy to be a hunourless pounce? Have I been suggesting that these would be better movies if Ingmar Bergman directed them? I don't think so. Hmmmn, let me go back and read my previous posts just in case... nope... still no...ah ha, eh, oh sorry, still no! I think you ran out of anything intelligent to say and so tried to be funny. Unfortunately methinks humour is not exactly your forte - which is ironic considering your humourless comment. Perhaps you should retreat to your Roger Moore fantasy land were British Secret Agents fight bad guys in space. You know, just like Austin Powers. Honestly, I don't mind a good parry and thrust, but you have to have a better comeback than this poorly conceived reply. Otherwise whats the point. Perhaps, you simply don't have the chops?
Not to worry, OLD BOY!
Sort yourself out? LOL...SORTED!

Vendetta08

IndyJr. said:
I like the "pagan" artifacts from long gone civilizations... but it seems to me that it was the Bible artifacts that did the best... the Ark... the grail...

What if they did something in the future along the lines of... Moses' staff... The Sword of David... The Ten Commandments... or whatever...

And as for Harrison... all he needs to do is keep in shape... and exercise...

Spielberg is booked for the rest of this year with The Trial of the Chicago 7... as well as 2009 with Tintin, Lincoln (which I will definatly see) and Interstellar...

I say at the very beginning of 2010 they begin shooting for Indiana Jones V... Harrison will be 67... Not too much older than 65... Do one final movie with Harrison as the main character... this time hunting a Biblical artifact... like... the Ark! (Noah's... :p )... Set up Mutt's own future adventures and him taking the mantle of his father... maybe have Indy give Mutt his hat as a gift before retiring.

Indiana Jones VI (or rather "Mutt Jones") is about Mutt Jones' adventures... at the very beginning of the film he still dresses in a motorcycle jacket and regular shirt and pants (but he does where the fedora)... Mutt goes on some great adventure taking his dad (Indy being the 2nd Main Character) along with him (Last Crusade type thing). By the middle of the film Mutt has accepted the entire outfit... have Mutt borrow his dad's whip during the adventure. With Mutt's Adventures it's a good opportunity to introduce some new, young, leading lovers (which Indy IV lacks, and Indy V will probably lack). May I recommend Natalie Portman?

Have Mutt's adventure be based around King Arthur's Sword or something...

Shia just isn't Harrison Ford, he doesn't have the same charm. Mutt just isn't Indiana Jones and I have no intent to pay to see a movie that begins with "Mutt Jones and the (insert title here)." Carrying the series off with Mutt would be a sad cheap attempt by Lucas to keep the franchise dough rolling through a tired spin-off.

Lucas will be having enough fun with his Star Wars tv shows. And with that said, I'd love an Indiana Jones cartoon series that takes place in the 40s far more than a lame tired spin off with Mutt Jones.

crowmagnumman

IndyJr. said:
I like the "pagan" artifacts from long gone civilizations... but it seems to me that it was the Bible artifacts that did the best... the Ark... the grail...

What if they did something in the future along the lines of... Moses' staff... The Sword of David... The Ten Commandments... or whatever...

And as for Harrison... all he needs to do is keep in shape... and exercise...

Spielberg is booked for the rest of this year with The Trial of the Chicago 7... as well as 2009 with Tintin, Lincoln (which I will definatly see) and Interstellar...

I say at the very beginning of 2010 they begin shooting for Indiana Jones V... Harrison will be 67... Not too much older than 65... Do one final movie with Harrison as the main character... this time hunting a Biblical artifact... like... the Ark! (Noah's... :p )... Set up Mutt's own future adventures and him taking the mantle of his father... maybe have Indy give Mutt his hat as a gift before retiring.

Indiana Jones VI (or rather "Mutt Jones") is about Mutt Jones' adventures... at the very beginning of the film he still dresses in a motorcycle jacket and regular shirt and pants (but he does where the fedora)... Mutt goes on some great adventure taking his dad (Indy being the 2nd Main Character) along with him (Last Crusade type thing). By the middle of the film Mutt has accepted the entire outfit... have Mutt borrow his dad's whip during the adventure. With Mutt's Adventures it's a good opportunity to introduce some new, young, leading lovers (which Indy IV lacks, and Indy V will probably lack). May I recommend Natalie Portman?

Have Mutt's adventure be based around King Arthur's Sword or something...

NO! Just to the Mutt stuff, that is. The day Indy gives his hat to Mutt is the day I kill Shia Lebouf.

Forrestal1972 said:
Reparte worthy of the monkey who eats the bad dates. Not exactly rapier-shape wit you're displaying there Gruber. After I went to the trouble of throwing in some Indy referencesis and this is the best you can do. And what's with the newbie boy. If newbie means having seen Raiders when I was 7 first time round in 1980, then newbie I am so. And please explain why you believe I perfer Indy to be a hunourless pounce? Have I been suggesting that these would be better movies if Ingmar Bergman directed them? I don't think so. Hmmmn, let me go back and read my previous posts just in case... nope... still no...ah ha, eh, oh sorry, still no! I think you ran out of anything intelligent to say and so tried to be funny. Unfortunately methinks humour is not exactly your forte - which is ironic considering your humourless comment. Perhaps you should retreat to your Roger Moore fantasy land were British Secret Agents fight bad guys in space. You know, just like Austin Powers. Honestly, I don't mind a good parry and thrust, but you have to have a better comeback than this poorly conceived reply. Otherwise whats the point. Perhaps, you simply don't have the chops?
Not to worry, OLD BOY!
Sort yourself out? LOL...SORTED!

You're going to make a lot of friends here. I've seen this newbie cocksure/aggresive attitude many times. You need to learn that there are other people with differing views and preferences to your own. How old are you? You present yourself as a teen. Quit the juvenile bravado.
You're not worth my time. ;)

Shortie

Spielberg could of has Lincoln released last year if he really wanted to. I think they should end at 5. Then have an animated series, switching back from the 30's/40's/50's.

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
You're going to make a lot of friends here. I've seen this newbie cocksure/aggresive attitude many times. You need to learn that there are other people with differing views and preferences to your own. How old are you? You present yourself as a teen. Quit the juvenile bravado.
You're not worth my time. ;)
A teen? Juvenile bravado? Aw please, this is too precious. Maybe the only friends you have are here, online? Bless your James Bond themed cotton socks. You have failed to explain the newbie thing. Failed to engage me in anything resembling a contest of opinions (which by the by, I am compeltely open to and if you read my posts you will realise that I was only expressing mine as you yours). Of course there are differing views. That was a FORUM is for. Am I not taking full advantage of that? That's a tough one so take all the time you need.
And now you have resorted to calling me a newbie and a teen with juvenile bravado. Oh this is just delicious! Ironic that you have just described some of Indy's most endearing traits (thank you very much for attributing them to me, I am flattered) which make his character and thus by extension the films light, funny (seriously look it up) and happy go lucky - just like you like them. But really, I didn't know that new(bie) people (I joined in Jan 08 having read this site for years) must pay homage to Old Man Gruber. I can just picture you now, sitting there on your porch shouting at the juvenile newbie's to stay off the grass. At least until they've paid their dues by agreeing with Herr Gruber.
Ok, listen, you signed off by saying that I'm not worth your time. Fine with me Old Man. But I was willing to duke it out (opinion-wise). You can cut and run. As for me, well, I'm a happy go lucky 35 year old who is proud not to have lost his youthful exuberance completely. Thank you for that gift. Sorted.

Forrestal1972 said:
A teen? Juvenile bravado? Aw please, this is too precious. Maybe the only friends you have are here, online? Bless your James Bond themed cotton socks. You have failed to explain the newbie thing. Failed to engage me in anything resembling a contest of opinions (which by the by, I am compeltely open to and if you read my posts you will realise that I was only expressing mine as you yours). Of course there are differing views. That was a FORUM is for. Am I not taking full advantage of that? That's a tough one so take all the time you need.
And now you have resorted to calling me a newbie and a teen with juvenile bravado. Oh this is just delicious! Ironic that you have just described some of Indy's most endearing traits (thank you very much for attributing them to me, I am flattered) which make his character and thus by extension the films light, funny (seriously look it up) and happy go lucky - just like you like them. But really, I didn't know that new(bie) people (I joined in Jan 08 having read this site for years) must pay homage to Old Man Gruber. I can just picture you now, sitting there on your porch shouting at the juvenile newbie's to stay off the grass. At least until they've paid their dues by agreeing with Herr Gruber.
Ok, listen, you signed off by saying that I'm not worth your time. Fine with me Old Man. But I was willing to duke it out (opinion-wise). You can cut and run. As for me, well, I'm a happy go lucky 35 year old who is proud not to have lost his youthful exuberance completely. Thank you for that gift. Sorted.

There is nothing to 'Duke out' as you call it. I have stated my preferences and you have stated yours. However, you insist on a 'Chip on the shoulder' manner. Do you have an inferiority complex, is that it?

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
There is nothing to 'Duke out' as you call it. I have stated my preferences and you have stated yours. However, you insist on a 'Chip on the shoulder' manner. Do you have an inferiority complex, is that it?

And we're back...
If there's nothing to "duke out" as I call it (wow, did I invent that expression - I'm pretty sure it's out there awhile), then how is it we have differing opinions which we've been toing and froing on for the last hour. I'm happy to discuss the merits of mine versus yours any day of the week and twice on Sundays (isn't today Sunday?).
Then you keep throwing in these handy little non-sequiturs (newbie/juvenile/ and the lastest one - do you have an inferiority complex?). Random or what? I'll have you know that I have a chip on both shoulders. It keeps me perfectly balanced.
Look, am I correct in saying that yo want an Indy 5 etc? If so, my opinion is that it probably won't happen and would be a bad idea. Either construct an argument and debate (being humourous is optional but preferred) or don't. But if you are going to reply ( and I hope you do cause I'm not even warm yet) really put some thought into it. Because you may not think I am worth your time, b ut it is becoming painfully obvious that you are not up to the challenge poor Marcus and therefore, not worthy of mine.:gun:

P.S. And please tell me when I graduate from newbie status. Do I get a diploma or anything?

Forrestal1972 said:
And we're back...
If there's nothing to "duke out" as I call it (wow, did I invent that expression - I'm pretty sure it's out there awhile), then how is it we have differing opinions which we've been toing and froing on for the last hour. I'm happy to discuss the merits of mine versus yours any day of the week and twice on Sundays (isn't today Sunday?).
Then you keep throwing in these handy little non-sequiturs (newbie/juvenile/ and the lastest one - do you have an inferiority complex?). Random or what? I'll have you know that I have a chip on both shoulders. It keeps me perfectly balanced.
Look, am I correct in saying that yo want an Indy 5 etc? If so, my opinion is that it probably won't happen and would be a bad idea. Either construct an argument and debate (being humourous is optional but preferred) or don't. But if you are going to reply ( and I hope you do cause I'm not even warm yet) really put some thought into it. Because you may not think I am worth your time, b ut it is becoming painfully obvious that you are not up to the challenge poor Marcus and therefore, not worthy of mine.:gun:

P.S. And please tell me when I graduate from newbie status. Do I get a diploma or anything?

Right, for starters, my initial reply was regarding your Bond comments. I aired my views on Indy 5 long ago. If you seek a good debate, why have you wasted my time having me read incendiary jibes? I sense anger in you, young Skywalker. It's too late to take the 'Let's have a good debate angle.' Re- read your childish, name calling replies. I would never stoop to such levels.

Once there was a newbie,
Hurting like a boy,
Sitting at his keyboard,
trying to annoy,

Mommy never hugged him,
Daddy never tried,
With each and every posting,
His aggression was implied.

Well, usually I wouldn't stoop to such levels.

Vendetta08

Shortie said:
Spielberg could of has Lincoln released last year if he really wanted to. I think they should end at 5. Then have an animated series, switching back from the 30's/40's/50's.

It would be great if Ford voiced Indy for a cartoon show.

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
Right, for starters, my initial reply was regarding your Bond comments. I aired my views on Indy 5 long ago. If you seek a good debate, why have you wasted my time having me read incendiary jibes? I sense anger in you, young Skywalker. It's too late to take the 'Let's have a good debate angle.' Re- read your childish, name calling replies. I would never stoop to such levels.

Once there was a newbie,
Hurting like a boy,
Sitting at his keyboard,
trying to annoy,

Mommy never hugged him,
Daddy never tried,
With each and every posting,
His aggression was implied.

Well, usually I wouldn't stoop to such levels.
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! This is delightful. Really. And you actually believe that I am annoyed. My poor, dear Gruber. How honoured I am that you have taken the time to compose this for me. I must have really gotten to you! Priceless. But seriously, I would have used the word amplified rather than implied. Just a suggestion. I think it reads better. It would make more sense too. However, it's your poem. I don't wish to criticise the master wordsmith. And you wrote it just for me. I am truly touched. Oh, and just a point of order me laud; there was never any intention for a pandering "lets have a real debate", but rather an "I'm game if you are". Instead I get this. Which is twice as delicious. I am going to invite everyone I can to come and look at this. Really, I'm going to make you famous. I can't belive that my humble little posts have provoked such illustrious prose. I would almost suggest you become a writer. Hang on, let me check you public profile.... You are a writer. And an actor. And a musician. So talented. And I love the Star Wars reference. I sense much anger... lol! Oh I'm hoppin mad am I. Mola Ram Suda Ram! Ha ha ha. Seriously though, Gubber, you took all that time to compose this little ditty for me. Think about it. Really think about it. You look silly! But you don't mind looking silly. It says so in your public profile. I really hope you come back with another reply like this one. No one is going to believe this. Please keep 'em coming!

Forrestal1972 said:
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha! This is delightful. Really. And you actually believe that I am annoyed. My poor, dear Gruber. How honoured I am that you have taken the time to compose this for me. I must have really gotten to you! Priceless. But seriously, I would have used the word amplified rather than implied. Just a suggestion. I think it reads better. It would make more sense too. However, it's your poem. I don't wish to criticise the master wordsmith. And you wrote it just for me. I am truly touched. Oh, and just a point of order me laud; there was never any intention for a pandering "lets have a real debate", but rather an "I'm game if you are". Instead I get this. Which is twice as delicious. I am going to invite everyone I can to come and look at this. Really, I'm going to make you famous. I can't belive that my humble little posts have provoked such illustrious prose. I would almost suggest you become a writer. Hang on, let me check you public profile.... You are a writer. And an actor. And a musician. So talented. And I love the Star Wars reference. I sense much anger... lol! Oh I'm hoppin mad am I. Mola Ram Suda Ram! Ha ha ha. Seriously though, Gubber, you took all that time to compose this little ditty for me. Think about it. Really think about it. You look silly! But you don't mind looking silly. It says so in your public profile. I really hope you come back with another reply like this one. No one is going to believe this. Please keep 'em coming!

You took the time to view my profile? That's creepy, man!

Glad you liked my prose. I aim to please. Please do show it around. No publicity is bad publicity. And yes, I am adult enough to not care if I look silly!
Infact, I love it! But then, you know that after stalking my profile... Am I really that important to you, Forrestal? Is this a case of hero worship? I am flattered, too. Let's get married.

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
You took the time to view my profile? That's creepy, man!

Glad you liked my prose. I aim to please. Please do show it around. No publicity is bad publicity. And yes, I am adult enough to not care if I look silly!
Infact, I love it! But then, you know that after stalking my profile... Am I really that important to you, Forrestal? Is this a case of hero worship? I am flattered, too. Let's get married.
And it just gets better and better, but at least you seem to be getting into the spirit of things. Stalking? Hmmmn, that's why they call them "PUBLIC" profiles! It would be stalking if it were private. If you don't want it publicly available, perhaps you should delete it. However, I happy for you to frame it as you like Grubie.
It's fortunate that you don't care if you look silly... as you frequently do!
And perhaps you should look up the words hero and worship. I think you have become confused.
As for the proposal... well, I'm flattered. And I can see the attraction, for you. But I think the Herr in the Gruber would pose a significant issue and neccessitate a life-style change on my part that I just not willing to make. Thanks though. No, really (he says slowly backing his way out the door).

Ok, seriously though Grubie baby, this is where ole Forrestal cashes in. Sleep beckons and it's another day closer to the great man's return. However, should there be any doubt that I am retiring from the field of battle (debate/ childish jibe throwing by me/inane poetry-scary proposals from you)for any reason other than the need to catch 40 winks, I will return. Just like James Bond actually. :D

Forrestal1972 said:
And it just gets better and better, but at least you seem to be getting into the spirit of things. Stalking? Hmmmn, that's why they call them "PUBLIC" profiles! It would be stalking if it were private. If you don't want it publicly available, perhaps you should delete it. However, I happy for you to frame it as you like Grubie.
It's fortunate that you don't care if you look silly... as you frequently do!
And perhaps you should look up the words hero and worship. I think you have become confused.
As for the proposal... well, I'm flattered. And I can see the attraction, for you. But I think the Herr in the Gruber would pose a significant issue and neccessitate a life-style change on my part that I just not willing to make. Thanks though. No, really (he says slowly backing his way out the door).

Ok, seriously though Grubie baby, this is where ole Forrestal cashes in. Sleep beckons and it's another day closer to the great man's return. However, should there be any doubt that I am retiring from the field of battle (debate/ childish jibe throwing by me/inane poetry-scary proposals from you)for any reason other than the need to catch 40 winks, I will return. Just like James Bond actually. :D

Too late, Forrestal. I was asleep twenty minutes ago. Ha! I win. Inevitably, of course.

Forrestal1972

herr gruber said:
Too late, Forrestal. I was asleep twenty minutes ago. Ha! I win. Inevitably, of course.
Typing in your sleep? Is there no beginning to this man's talents?

Ok, ok, you win. Happy? Now take your nitol and go to sleep. If you can't sleep you can always try counting little Shia's .

Forrestal - cashing in!

Forrestal1972 said:
Typing in your sleep? Is there no beginning to this man's talents?

Ok, ok, you win. Happy? Now take your nitol and go to sleep. If you can't sleep you can always try counting little Shia's .

Forrestal - cashing in!

I'm not reading this, Forrestal. I've been asleep for about thirty minutes now.

(I must have the last word):hat:

Kingsley

What was all that? :confused:

Well, maybe it's time to go back to topic, and say that if Indy 4 ends up being really good, a 5th movie would be delicious ;)