Which Characters Would You Like to See in a Future Indy Movie

AnnieJones

Which characters would you like to see in a future Indy movie?

Personally,I would like to see the following:
From the movies: Sallah and his wife,Fayah,and Short Round.
From the books: Jack Shannon,his wife,Katrina,and his son,Noah Indiana Shannon(and any other kid or kids Jack and his wife may have had since the books).

The reason I would like to see Sallah and Short Round in another movie,is because I would like to see them going on another adventure,with Indy,again.

The reason I would like to see Jack Shannon(and his family)in a movie,is because I would like to see who they would get to play him.According to the books,he was described as having red hair and being tall and thin.What actor,that is around Indy's age,fits that description.

seasider

The one character I think would make the franchise complete is in appearance in some form of Abner Ravenwood. He's a character that gets talked about a lot in the Indy universe but we've never met in any of the movies or the Young Indiana Jones series.

Insomniac

I would like to see a number of actors like...

Villians:
Mark Hammil(Villain)
Liam Nesson
Tim Curry

New sidekick:
Viggo Mortensen
Jamie Bell
Gary Oldman
C'mon could you really see these as potential sidekicks right?

After KOTCS:
Marion on the adventure Mutt only in submission and at end end.
Maybe Oxley.

I still really wanna see Abner Ravenwood!

Before KOTCS:Sallah maybe just maybe Mac but it wold be a labor to get Mac and Sallah both on screen at the same time.

I also feel Indy should be more of a loner in this movie like in Raiders and Temple of Doom opposed to Last crusade and Crystal Skull with his sidekick coming in and out to help Indy and Indy saving his girl or sidekick and kick ass at the end.

Insomniac

seasider said:
Which is why you have flashbacks like what they did at the beginning of Last Crusade.

Here we go we could have Sean Patrick Flannery play a 26 year old Indy and Clint Eastwood Play a 60 something year old Abner and have it be something to do with Indy V maybe a revisited a problem between Indy and Marion eventually run into and solve where and when he might have disappeared and answer some long awaited answers?

Or are is there some romance in the unknown past of the three best characters in the series?

Is this best are best unseen? (I don't wanna be disappointed!)

Last edited:

lao che & sons

Great topic!!!

I say take 'em back to the way they were. Create some new sidekicks like Mutt. Now I wan't them to make it like TOD no university, the intro starts out the story. This way there is no Marion. She is great, sure, but honsetly she's getting annoying to me. I think there could be some comedy elements if Indy were trying to be loyal to Marion when this new chick is into Indy and doesn't kow he has a wife. He tells her. MArion shows up at the end and of the story and is mad at Indy. It could work. But here's my list from most wanted to least wanted but ALL are still wanted.

1. Short Round (sallah has gotten 2, Marcus got 2, gives shortie a chance)
2. Sallah (he's great, bring him back but only if short round isn't back)
3. Mutt Williams (I wan't to see where they go with him. If they do well then I will have more respect for Mutt)
4. Dean, Charles Stanforth (whynot)
5.Willie Scott (everyone hates her but lets see if they can have developed willie into a more easy person. If they do then maybe people will give back some of the owed repect.
6.Marion Ravenwood(Maybe)
7.and lastly the Nazis (It would be pbeyond pushed and it's just too late but if they did it right then just maybe it would work);)

so that's it. Enjoy.

Insomniac

lao che & sons said:
1. Short Round (sallah has gotten 2, Marcus got 2, gives shortie a chance)
Would he be a fellow archeologist or a gun for hire in China...

Or maybe a black jack dealer in Vegas or a NYC cab driver or what?

JP Jones

Insomniac said:

He'd be an archeologist hired by the Chinese government to find the important artifact, but when he gives it to the chinese he realizes that Indy is also after the artifact. He then teams up with Indy to get the artifact from the chinese.
Can you say BLOCKBUSTER?(y)

Insomniac

JP Jones said:
He'd be an archeologist hired by the Chinese government to find the important artifact, but when he gives it to the chinese he realizes that Indy is also after the artifact. He then teams up with Indy to get the artifact from the chinese.
Can you say BLOCKBUSTER?(y)
Maybe as long as they don't make it to cheeseball he have to make a real big recollection to all of a sudden turn on his country!

Darth Vile

To be honest... I'd prefer it if they didn't have any returning characters, other than Indy, and went with all new characters that can add to the Indy "lore". However, if this is about returning characters, I'd have to say either/or combination of Marion, Mutt, Ox and Charles Stanforth... as they seem more applicable/pertinent to Indy's life in the 1950's (as seen in KOTCS). The return of Short Round would seem somewhat odd, and Sallah (JRD) has had his day I think.

lao che & sons

Insomniac said:

to tell you the truth I do have a back story here goes...

after temple of doom Indy put short round in boarding school. He wrote to Indy and Willie. His experiences weren't great as the people in IL couldn't understand his accent. So willie convinced her rich chicago friends to addopt shorty. This was in 1938 (in my back story). The people that addaopted shortie own a dance club in chicago. His dad has to go into WWII and he temperarily gives the club to shorty. The dad dies in the war and his mom dies in 1953. So shorty now owns the club. before 1943 when his dad went to war he was studying arachaelogoy at the university of Chicago. But shorty only went on a few great adventures before he got the club. He and Indy stop writing each other in about 1946. But when indy runs into shorty in Indy5 short round is a more sophisticated handsome man. He has more of an american accent now but he still has his ballcap hanging in his office. Indy meets him and after the adventure shorty develops into the old short round, adventurous, and just like Indy. At the end he sells off the club and becomes a teacher of Archaeology at the University of Chicago. And he is basically like Indy. The end. Well, until vietnam...

so what do you think?:)

AnnieJones

Insomniac said:
Clint Eastwood Play a 60 something year old Abner

the only problem that I can find with having Clint Eastwood as Abner is he doesn't look anything like him.
See him here:
AbnerRavenwood.jpg

Indiana Jones and the Lost Horizon,read about this book here:http://indianajones.wikia.com/wiki/Indiana_Jones_and_the_Lost_Horizon
Thread-Putting a face to the name: Abner Ravenwood http://raven.theraider.net/showthread.php?t=18687&highlight=abner+ravenwood

Last edited:

Chewbacca Jones

Insomniac said:
Here we go we could have Sean Patrick Flannery play a 26 year old Indy and Clint Eastwood Play a 60 something year old Abner and have it be something to do with Indy V maybe a revisited a problem between Indy and Marion eventually run into and solve where and when he might have disappeared and answer some long awaited answers?

NOW we're talkin'!

I would like to see Abner, even if only in the flashback situation.
I'd also like to see a small role for Sallah, and a larger role for one of his sons.
If they played Short Round strait, not for laughs, I'd like to see him come back, too.
From the books, I liked Faye Maskelyne and her daughter. There's potential there for having the male-female banter without the romantic angle, which would work well post-CS.

I DON'T want to see the return of Marion (it's done), Mutt (detracts too much from our main hero), Ox (useless), Mac (annoying), or Willie (even more annoying).

Insomniac

Chewbacca Jones said:
NOW we're talkin'!

I would like to see Abner, even if only in the flashback situation.
I'd also like to see a small role for Sallah, and a larger role for one of his sons.
If they played Short Round strait, not for laughs, I'd like to see him come back, too.
From the books, I liked Faye Maskelyne and her daughter. There's potential there for having the male-female banter without the romantic angle, which would work well post-CS.

I DON'T want to see the return of Marion (it's done), Mutt (detracts too much from our main hero), Ox (useless), Mac (annoying), or Willie (even more annoying).

I really wanna see Abner!
Hear is one if Abner is gonna be in after the flashback he could be portrayed in the flashback as Hugh Jackman maybe 40 year old Abner and later by Clint Eastwood as the 80 something year old Abner!

QBComics

Other than Indy.... none? That's one of the best part of the Indiana Jones series, is that we get to see all kinds of different personalities to collide with Indy. If I did have to choose one, It'd be Mutt. It kinda would seem odd not mentioning him or seeing him after the huge impact he's made in Indy's life.

Jack Nelligan

lao che & sons said:
to tell you the truth I do have a back story here goes...

after temple of doom Indy put short round in boarding school. He wrote to Indy and Willie. His experiences weren't great as the people in IL couldn't understand his accent. So willie convinced her rich chicago friends to addopt shorty. This was in 1938 (in my back story). The people that addaopted shortie own a dance club in chicago. His dad has to go into WWII and he temperarily gives the club to shorty. The dad dies in the war and his mom dies in 1953. So shorty now owns the club. before 1943 when his dad went to war he was studying arachaelogoy at the university of Chicago. But shorty only went on a few great adventures before he got the club. He and Indy stop writing each other in about 1946. But when indy runs into shorty in Indy5 short round is a more sophisticated handsome man. He has more of an american accent now but he still has his ballcap hanging in his office. Indy meets him and after the adventure shorty develops into the old short round, adventurous, and just like Indy. At the end he sells off the club and becomes a teacher of Archaeology at the University of Chicago. And he is basically like Indy. The end. Well, until vietnam...

so what do you think?:)

How about this? After TOD Willie took Short Round back to the Sates and raised him as her own. She found a great gig in Vegas and Short Round grew up exploring the dessert and the streets of Sin City. In Indy 5, Indiana could be revisited by Willie and Elsa, who drank from the Holy Grail while in the crevasse and is now immortal or close to it. They could both be after Indy to rekindle their passion, but now that Indy is married, it could lead to some interesting plot lines. Elsa kills Marion and in doing so dies herself because she committed a mortal sin and broke the spell of the Grail and in a stunning twist of fate, Willie and Mutt fall for one another and move to L.A., while Short Round takes care of Indy in his old age and takes over where Indy left off, and is now the lead in the upcoming Indy VI - The passing of the Hat.

Bring them all back!