Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-03-2006, 03:06 PM   #26
qwerty
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundshort
I drink my wine to keep my heart healthy enough to eat bacon!

That's kinda funny. It's almost like saying "I drink my beer to keep my loungs healthy enough to smoke cigarettes!"
(I know it's not)
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:17 PM   #27
Paden
IndyFan

For those who can't kick the bacon habit, here's a news item that could be considered hopeful, or profoundly chilling, depending on your point of view.

I personally fall into the "chilling" category.
Paden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #28
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden
For those who can't kick the bacon habit, here's a news item that could be considered hopeful, or profoundly chilling, depending on your point of view.

I personally fall into the "chilling" category.

YES, leave it to a PITTSBURGH guy to try and make Bacon healthier!

GO STEELERS, 6 in 06, or "On to the Other hand!"
roundshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #29
Joe Brody
IndyFan

Who would've thought Bacon would have produced (momentary) peace in the valley here at the Raven.

. . .and more than two dozen posts in this thread without a Pulp Fiction reference.
Joe Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #30
roundshort
IndyFan

sorry baby, I don't dig on swine!
Old 05-04-2006, 09:52 AM   #31
Paden
IndyFan

Quote:
No, I just really like Bacon!

I drink my wine to keep my heart healthy enough to eat bacon!
I had an inspiration regarding this. I think Roundshort should author a diet book: The Roundshort Bacon Diet: How to Eat All the Pork Products You Want, Keep Your Heart Healthy, and Live a Happier Life. It could be the next big nutritional craze.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #32
roundshort
IndyFan

uuummmmmm bacon Book,

On a different note, on the bacon of the month (which I am not a member or owner of, and gain nothing form people checking it out) they have, get this, BLT scented votive candles!

One is Bacon scented
One is Lettuce scented
One is Tomato scented

I havea birthday coming up . . .
Old 05-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #33
Johan
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Brody
Who would've thought Bacon would have produced (momentary) peace in the valley here at the Raven.

. . .and more than two dozen posts in this thread without a Pulp Fiction reference.

This because there have not been any interesting new threads to comment on as of late
Johan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #34
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
One is Bacon scented
One is Lettuce scented
One is Tomato scented

I should have some witty or sarcastic remark for this....but I've got nothing. That's just strange.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #35
Paden
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy
I should have some witty or sarcastic remark for this....but I've got nothing.
What?!?! You're falling down on the job, man!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #36
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
I should have some witty or sarcastic remark for this....but I've got nothing. That's just strange.

Admit, you want a set also!
Old 05-04-2006, 02:16 PM   #37
Paden
IndyFan

Ah, yes...the scent of warm lettuce wafting through your living room.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:24 PM   #38
roundshort
IndyFan

Actually, I have noticed the trend of warm lettuce salads on menus over the past half year. i think I have been to at lest 12 restaurants in Amercia and Londo that featured a warm lettuce or gilled lettuce salad, and most have been excpetional. Granted, these are 1, 2 and 3 star Michelen rated chefs makeing them, and they can probably made cardboard taste great . . .

I for one would rather my place smell like a BLT, than damned potpourri or waht that flower bs is . . .
Old 05-04-2006, 04:44 PM   #39
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Maybe those scented candles would be a nice gift for Mother's Day. It's just around the corner, you know. Just think: your house can smell like lettuce all day long. Come on, what mother wouldn't want that?
Old 05-04-2006, 04:48 PM   #40
roundshort
IndyFan

you people have no heart! I don't think ou burnt he candles one by one, you need all three going at once!
Old 05-04-2006, 04:52 PM   #41
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
you people have no heart! I don't think ou burnt he candles one by one, you need all three going at once!

Perhaps but then it might turn into sensory overload. Too many scents and not enough time to enjoy each one individually.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #42
phatr32
IndyFan

woah how did i miss this post?

pig is my fav food group! bacon, ham, pork ribs, what ever, i love it!!

no meat is better than pork.

that article sounds good!

steve
phatr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #43
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatr32
woah how did i miss this post?

pig is my fav food group! bacon, ham, pork ribs, what ever, i love it!!

no meat is better than pork.

that article sounds good!

steve

ummmm bacon
Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 PM   #44
Paden
IndyFan

When I was a child, I didnít spend much time in from of the television, but I did watch my share of Saturday morning cartoons. One of several shows that I recall from that era is The Smurfs. I was never much of a Smurfs fan myself, being much more attuned to shows that didnít ooze cuteness, such as those devoted to various superheroes or Bugs Bunny and associates (I think my appreciation for Looney Tunes still manifests itself in my personality ). Nevertheless, I was exposed to enough Smurfs episodes to get a sense of the overarching conflicts and themes that dominated the little blue creaturesí world. Among the problems that occasionally encroached on the Smurfsí idyllic existence among the toadstools was a black-clad, wizard wannabe named Gargamel, who harbored a fair amount of hostility toward them. Gargamel invested considerable amounts of time and energy into attempts to capture the Smurfs, although naturally, his diabolical plans were regularly foiled. What I remember that chiefly disturbed me about Gargamelís actions was the primary motivation behind them: he wanted to catch the Smurfs so he could eat them. The whole idea seemed revolting to me, but given the ongoing effort Gargamel was willing to put into snagging the little blue guys, it appeared that he was pretty convinced that they were a real taste treat. In contemplating that idea amongst the other random thoughts crowding my consciousness this morning, I think I may finally have hit on the answer for Gargamelís unswerving devotion to the hunt.

Maybe Smurfs taste like bacon.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:32 PM   #45
roundshort
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden
When I was a child, I didnít spend much time in from of the television, but I did watch my share of Saturday morning cartoons. One of several shows that I recall from that era is The Smurfs. I was never much of a Smurfs fan myself, being much more attuned to shows that didnít ooze cuteness, such as those devoted to various superheroes or Bugs Bunny and associates (I think my appreciation for Looney Tunes still manifests itself in my personality ). Nevertheless, I was exposed to enough Smurfs episodes to get a sense of the overarching conflicts and themes that dominated the little blue creaturesí world. Among the problems that occasionally encroached on the Smurfsí idyllic existence among the toadstools was a black-clad, wizard wannabe named Gargamel, who harbored a fair amount of hostility toward them. Gargamel invested considerable amounts of time and energy into attempts to capture the Smurfs, although naturally, his diabolical plans were regularly foiled. What I remember that chiefly disturbed me about Gargamelís actions was the primary motivation behind them: he wanted to catch the Smurfs so he could eat them. The whole idea seemed revolting to me, but given the ongoing effort Gargamel was willing to put into snagging the little blue guys, it appeared that he was pretty convinced that they were a real taste treat. In contemplating that idea amongst the other random thoughts crowding my consciousness this morning, I think I may finally have hit on the answer for Gargamelís unswerving devotion to the hunt.

Maybe Smurfs taste like bacon.

I love it Blue Bacon, but while I am no smurfs expert, I do like to think of myself as an 80's triva guy, (hey I am in sales, you never know when this crap helps), and I think he wanted the Smurfs, to turn them into gold! I expect this knowledge will will me much $$$ in Jeopardy someday. I probably woudl have watched the smurfs if they were eaten on a regular basis! I think the Family guy had a neat take on a bad smurf spin off called "the snorks" this I know nothing about!
Old 05-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #46
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I can smell bacon in my house right now! It must be time for my dog to eat again.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:18 AM   #47
roundshort
IndyFan

hmmmm Vaxer was crying about stupid theads on the Raven,

I KNOW he was not talking about this one . . . .
Old 05-06-2006, 01:06 PM   #48
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
hmmmm Vaxer was crying about stupid theads on the Raven,

I KNOW he was not talking about this one . . . .

Indeed. I think this thread really stands out as showing how much The Raven has to offer.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:29 PM   #49
Indyologist
IndyFan

I'm mostly Hungarian and pork dishes are a favorite among Hungarians. One of the most famous is a receipe called "Gypsy Bacon." It used to be made by Hungarian shepherds for dinner when they were out in the fields at night tending their flocks. My cousins make it in their backyard once a year, though I've never had it.

Basically you get a whole bacon rind, put it on a spit, and roast it over a fire. Underneath the bacon, you place thick slices of good bread that has smothered onions and peppers on it. As the bacon cooks, the bacon fat drips onto the bread. When it has enough bacon drippings on it, you eat it up. As the bacon itself cooks, slices are cut off of it and eaten with the bread, too.

I've GOT to try this someday! Doesn't it sound divine? God, I am SO glad I'm not a vegetarian. I hate the thought of animals being killed, but JEEZE, they are so DARN delicious!

Gosh, guess what I have to go to the store and get today for breakfast tomorrow...
Indyologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 03:02 PM   #50
Jay R. Zay
IndyFan

Quote:
Indeed. I think this thread really stands out as showing how much The Raven has to offer.

why the hell did you damn blasphemer write "this thread" in lowercase letters while you wrote "The Raven" with caps, huh? it's "the raven" and "This Thread", if not even "This Thread". understood, ignorant fool?
Jay R. Zay is offline   Reply With Quote