"Jock's away!"

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IMDB trivia:

His professional career is as a pilot.

Sorenson was the pilot who flew the crew off Kauai when the hurricane hit during the production of Jurassic Park (1993), directed by Steven Spielberg, who directed Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), where Sorenson played Jones's pilot in the opening scenes.

So, since they were in Hawaii, having it double for South America again, it's certainly possible.

Also, I think signatures tend to be frowned on here. Just a head's up.

Professor Jones

Attila the Professor said:
ISo, since they were in Hawaii, having it double for South America again, it's certainly possible.

Mmmm, there are some reasons that make me agree with you, and I sincerely hope to see again Jock, because it's one of my favorites characters of the serie, but there are some reasons that make me believe that would not be.

Too bad we're in the not-spoiler section and so I cannot express those reasons, which are - ouch - spoiler-based! ;)

ReggieSnake

I would definitely like to see Jock return for Indy 4(hint-look at the username;) ), however, since he isn't actually an actor professionally (as Attila cited), if he did have a part I think it would be very small if not simply a cameo.

Katarn07

Sankara said:
The return of Jock would be a very bad idea.

Why? I think if any character were to come back from any of the movies, Jock would be the most realistic option. Well, save for perhaps Marion of course. But he'd be better suited for a role than Sallah, Willie, and even probably Shorty.

ReggieSnake

I think it would be fun if he got a cameo in the film. George Lucas did say KotCS would be tonally most like Raiders.(MTV Article) That really isn't a reason for him to be in the film, but it does make it a little more appropriate. I would also be a nice wrap-up of characters if this is indeed the last movie.

crowmagnumman

Jock rules. That'd be awesome if he showed up in at least a cameo role as an escape pilot again or something. That trivia on imdb is pretty cool too. I never knew he piloted the Jurassic Park crew off of Hawaii when that hurricane hit.

Rayder

I do like the character Jock, and it would be neat to see him again, but it seems to me that the more past characters added, the more this movie turns into a raiders reunion

scifiwolf

Rayder said:
I do like the character Jock, and it would be neat to see him again, but it seems to me that the more past characters added, the more this movie turns into a raiders reunion
My sentiments exactly. I like the idea of Indy having contacts in all parts of the world, some of whom keep popping up, but in this case it would only seem like Raiders Part II.

xVendetta17x

I think Indy can fly
Just not land
My question has always been
That if Jock flew Indy to South America how did he not notice Reggie in the seat?

ReggieSnake

xVendetta17x said:
My question has always been
That if Jock flew Indy to South America how did he not notice Reggie in the seat?
It could have been he was asleep the whole way there; the altitude would get pretty cold for a snake. Also too, most likely he would have been with Jock on the way there and Jock didn't have time to move him when they were leaving.

The other possibility, of course, is that Jock had just picked him up while in Peru.

Maybe we'll see some of Reggie's relatives in KotCS!(y);)

Professor Jones

xVendetta17x said:
It's most likely a plot hole

I don't agree at all. I find quite obvious that Indy reached the temple where the golden idol was hidden by feet, walking in the jungle with the local guides (Satipo, Barranca and co) probably leaving from a town nearby where he stayed.

It's natural that he previously agreed with Jock that he (Jock) should wait him at his return on the shores of a river nearby the temple. So that probably Jock leaved the town (by plane) later than Indy (by feet).

I don't see the plot hole, but just the plot!

Professor Jones

xVendetta17x said:
Which also leaves the question, where did Indy find not one but two crooked guides that wanted to Kill Indy?

ehehe! That's a true BLACK HOLE in the plot! :D

But it's wonderful to see how many questions the first scene of Raiders arise: that's the proof of the success of the same scene respect to the intentions of the authors to throw the audience in the middle of the adventure.

Thinking about it, they could write another movie on Indy's quest for the golden idol (the search for the cross of Coronado was mostly defined and self-justifying).

xVendetta17x

That's one of the reasons that Raiders is my favourite movie
It just dives into the Character that is Indy and doesn't take half an hour to establish who he is
Within the first 5 minutes we understand who he is, and what he gets involved with