Marshall College Scenes

NamedAfterDaDog

Who else absolutely loved them?! Dean Stanforth, the motorcycle chase, the "Heard the Nerd Wilhelm Scream", the coolness of Indy on the campus, the portrait of Marcus, the statue of Marcus, how Dean Stanforth entered Indy's classroom like Marcus did in both RotLA and TLC, all of it.

I have to say, it might be so cheesy, it might be so out-of-place-in-an-Indy-movie, it might be so nostalgic-heavy it is possible that it is the reason the Titanic sank, but one of my favorite scenes from the movie:

"GET THAT GREASER!"

Do I hear any "I agree!" 's?

Avilos

I loved that for the first time Indy's two identities collided together. Normally his adventures are separate from his career as a Professor.

acsgrlie

That was one of my favorite parts of the movie. The motorcycle chase was cool and it was nice to see the memorial to Marcus.

ValenciaGrail

In the book, the chase found its way into the middle of the Marshall football field during a game just as the QB threw a long pass.
Indy caught the pass while on Mutt's bike, then proceeded to spike the ball right through the windshield of the pursuing Soviets.

That would have been over the top hilarious had they included it in the film, but alas, there are pacing concerns in movies...

DocWhiskey

I love the Marshall College scenes. The motorcycle chase is my favorite scene of the film. When Indy climbs out of the car and back on the bike is classic. You gotta admit it was extremely Indy.

QBComics

The Marshell Collage scenes are one of my favorites! I loved the movie, but I loved how he climbed into, socked the Soviets, and climbed back onto the bike! (y)

Bullwhip

Can't add anything more other than I loved it, too. Everything before the Jungle Scene is perfect in my book-- the warehouse, diner and the Marshall College chase in particular.

KneelBeforeZod

acsgrlie said:
That was one of my favorite parts of the movie. The motorcycle chase was cool and it was nice to see the memorial to Marcus.

Actually, I liked that they put the homage to both Marcus and HJ Sr. in the same scene. Marcus's statue broken by Communists ... and then Mutt laughing while Indy glares unamused (just as Indy and Sr. did in LC).

Z

AHegele

i agree, everything from Marshall was an absolute blast. The greaser fight was probably my favorite scene in the film, and one of the best chases in the series.

Michael24

I also enjoyed the Marshall College scenes. The bike chase was fun, and I liked when Indy was pulled into the car, beat up the bad guys, then climbed back out the other side, all to Mutt's amazement. Love the Wilhelm scream, too. (y)

And was that the exact same establishing shot borrowed from Raiders, but with '50s-era cars added in? The building looked virtually identical, but it looks a little different nowadays.

Grailseeker

I agree with all of you.

This movie was so so so good up until they obtained the skull and moved to the jungle scenes, aliens, etc.

I thought the first half so so well thought out and well done. Perfect stunts, VERY indy and I loved it...

Man....i wish the second half of the movie could of been that good..

it would of changed this entire Web sites feelings in a heartbeat and we would be yelling Indy's name 4ever in joy! (lol)

ValenciaGrail

KneelBeforeZod said:
Actually, I liked that they put the homage to both Marcus and HJ Sr. in the same scene. Marcus's statue broken by Communists ... and then Mutt laughing while Indy glares unamused (just as Indy and Sr. did in LC).

Z

The Brody homage was even better in the book.

From page 98:
Even in death, his friend had his back. Thanks, Marcus

AnnieJones

NamedAfterDaDog said:
Who else absolutely loved them?! Dean Stanforth, the motorcycle chase, the "Heard the Nerd Wilhelm Scream", the coolness of Indy on the campus, the portrait of Marcus, the statue of Marcus, how Dean Stanforth entered Indy's classroom like Marcus did in both RotLA and TLC, all of it.

I have to say, it might be so cheesy, it might be so out-of-place-in-an-Indy-movie, it might be so nostalgic-heavy it is possible that it is the reason the Titanic sank, but one of my favorite scenes from the movie:

"GET THAT GREASER!"

Do I hear any "I agree!" 's?
I totally agree. I love that scene!(y) It was well played out,with some comedy.(y)