Fave quote in Indiana Jones 4

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
wolfgang said:
You don't get them as in you don't find them funny, or you don't get them as in you don't understand the joke?

Did you mean when Mutt stops Spalko for a moment, just so he can comb his hair and says to Indy, "Ok, I'm ready. Don't give these pigs a thing" ?

wolfgang

Yes, Violet, but the line I'm refering to is the one Indy gives, not the Mutt part. But I laso like the Mutt part anyway...so...

torao

Moderator Emeritus
Indy saying "You heard him" either suggests that he simply doesn't care wether or not his young sidekick will be spiked by the sword pointed at his throat (said sidekick -in a sudden swashbuckling moment, or is it just naive young male stupidity that stems from the desire to appear all strong and indestructible? And if the latter is true, why doesn't Indy react to that behaviour, as he did before?- doesn't seem to care about his own death either.) or it implies that he's certain Spalko won't kill Mutt.

The first option is out of character and the second possibility seems to only further confirm the notion that there's no threat in that scene to begin with.

It's a stupid scene that left me more worried and confused than amused. But hey, if it makes you laugh, that's nice I guess.

DocWhiskey

You know what's fun?

The next time you're in school or at work start running and randomly yell out, "Get to the river!"

I guarantee your schoolmates and coworkers will give you a pat on the back (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
DocWhiskey said:
You know what's fun?

The next time you're in school or at work start running and randomly yell out, "Get to the river!"

I guarantee your schoolmates and coworkers will give you a pat on the back (y)

LMAO! I'll do it!:p

(That'll go down a treat, editing at a home office :rolleyes: ).

oki9Sedo

Not my favourite line, but one I'm very fond of is

"Indy!"
"Shut up!"
"Indy!"
"Shut up!"
"INDY! You stupid son of a b*tch!"

I thought that was a very funny moment, especially because Mac is in a headlock while saying it!

Indy_Forever

Wow bigwhiskey lol, i said that in skool and i got detention:mad: made alot of people laugh tho. i do love saying How many lifes are lost in waiting now though. Still finding it hard to find a fave quote

oki9Sedo

Indy_Forever said:
Wow bigwhiskey lol, i said that in skool and i got detention:mad: made alot of people laugh tho. i do love saying How many lifes are lost in waiting now though. Still finding it hard to find a fave quote

Was it because you swung around and punched the person behind you as well?

AgentOminae

Agent Z

oki9Sedo said:
Was it because you swung around and punched the person behind you as well?

:p I was wondering if they followed through with a swingback slobberknocker to the teacher's face behind them, after delivering said line.... :D

I'm surprised nobody mentioned my favorite line of the film...

"Sure, great, don't wait for me!" :)

The way that scene is staged and the line delivery by Harrison...just an iconic part of the series for me. :whip:

oki9Sedo

Agent Z said:
:p I was wondering if they followed through with a swingback slobberknocker to the teacher's face behind them, after delivering said line.... :D

I'm surprised nobody mentioned my favorite line of the film...

"Sure, great, don't wait for me!" :)

The way that scene is staged and the line delivery by Harrison...just an iconic part of the series for me. :whip:

"Oh that can't be good at all."

James

I love that quick little nod that Indy gives Mutt, just after they knock out Dovchenko in the truck. He's clearly pleased with the ass-whipping they have just handed out. :D

Not really a quote, but something I haven't seen mentioned before.