Harold Ramis Calls KOCS "A Disaster..."

indyrcks

I don't know why they even had to make Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull like why didn't they do something different with it

sandiegojones

Isn't it odd that Ramis calls it a disaster, but Akroyd stated he loved it? I bet they'll have difficulty agreeing on a new story. Looks like the only thing they'll agree on is what to eat (damn they got fat!!!).

Hanselation

Poor Ramis!
Indiana Jones is 1-st class adventure - all of them. The first Ghostbusters-movie was great, because they had interesting new stuff and it was nice how the story was told. I remember, when I saw the second one that time in the movies, I was a little bit bored. It was nearly the same story as Ghostbusters one - not realy great surprising story developments.
Indy 1/2/3/4 have all their own storycharacter - 4 individual movies.
Ghostbusters II is more like a blueprint of Ghostbusters I.
Ghostbusters III ?....I'm curious about it!

James

sandiegojones said:
Isn't it odd that Ramis calls it a disaster, but Akroyd stated he loved it? I bet they'll have difficulty agreeing on a new story.

I think the bigger obstacle will be Murray. Ramis and Ackroyd both share a love of the goofy pseudo-science aspect, but Murray always wants something to play against.

What will likely happen is that the film will come out, and fanboys will hold up the recent videogame as the "true" Ghostbusters 3. Much like fans who cited Fate of Atlantis or Infernal Machine as their preferred Indy 4.

(Please recall that the latter included Indy actually entering another ****ing dimension. :p )

darthsidious42

Grizzlor said:
Ramis is a comedy writer, Ackroyd was the science fiction guy. The movie needs to have more input from Dan, unlike GB II, which was lousy.

I like Ghostbusters 2. I don't think it is as good as the first but it is still funny and entertaining.

DocWhiskey

darthsidious42 said:
I like Ghostbusters 2. I don't think it is as good as the first but it is still funny and entertaining.

Yeah. I don't know why GB II gets so much hate. Even from Ramis and Murray. I enjoyed it. It's a step down from the 1st but only a step not a staircase.

They played it too safe and copied the exact same format as GB 1 but switched up some names. Indy's films have the same format but differ enough from each other to be new films.

Blue Jay

DocWhiskey said:
They played it too safe and copied the exact same format as GB 1 but switched up some names. Indy's films have the same format but differ enough from each other to be new films.

First of all I love GB 1 and 2 and all of the Indy movies, but I remember a lot of people complaining that LC was too similiar to ROTLA.
I understand their arguments and you could say that these similiarities are much the same from GB 1 to GB2.

My opinion on this is, that many of us loved ROTLA and GB 1 but did not mind that these same elements reappeared in LC and GB 2.
My guess would be that if these elements don't reappear, it becomes harder for us to love the movie like the original, because we unconciously want them to be very similiar.

The original movie is and will always be our frame of reference.

It is very hard to find the line between not beeing too similiar to the original, but also not to stray too far away from the original idea.

I think that was the problem for many to like KOTCS.

I love TOD and KOTCS for beeing different than its brothers, I love ROTLA for its originality and LC for reimagining all the elements I love about ROTLA and trying only a few different things.

I mean, I wouldn't like it, if all movies were exactly the same.
I mean, imagine all sequels are like ROTLA, you would beg for something fresh, right?

I love GB 2 for the same reasons I love LC, but now is the time to try something a little different the franchise in the reign of TOD or KOTCS.
Still have to play the game, which I am very much looking forward to. I played the demo, seems very good to me :cool:

I am really looking forward to GB III and really hope that Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, Seth Rogen and Jack Black - just to name a few - are involved.

I mean these guys are our generation's Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Bill Murray (y)

JP Jones

If people made threads about every "celebrity" who called Indy 4 a disaster That's all that would be on this forum. Harold Ramis is part of the giant number of people who are on the fanboy "hatewagon". It's sad, but true.:(

mr.kotcs said:
If people made threads about every "celebrity" who called Indy 4 a disaster That's all that would be on this forum. Harold Ramis is part of the giant number of people who are on the fanboy "hatewagon". It's sad, but true.:(

Just a thought...don't confuse this with agreement, but:

Is it worse to be on the fanboy "hatewagon" or the fanboy "lovewagon"?

Why does it bother you so that someone expresses negatively on Crystal Skull?

Is there NO room for improvement?

How many people would have to be publicly disappointed or flat out hate Crystal Skull for you, (or anyone else) to conceede that there are problems with the film that interfere with enjoying it?

Please keep in mind these are merely questions and don't relect MY personal views.

JP Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Just a thought...don't confuse this with agreement, but:

Why does it bother you so that someone expresses negatively on Crystal Skull?

How many people would have to be publicly disappointed or flat out hate Crystal Skull for you, (or anyone else) to conceede that there are problems with the film that interfere with enjoying it?

Please keep in mind these are merely questions and don't relect MY personal views.
I feel like I'm the only one who is even the slightest bit upset that not only a few but the vast majority of people hate kotcs.As for People on the raven. I'm not mad at anyone, most of us like the movie. It's really fanboys I'm mad at. they started the hate.After hearing all the reaction from them now even some critics are rethinking if they actually like kotcs. They're jumping on the hatewagon." Nuking the Fridge", "Raping your Childhood", those things get my blood boiling, they're also the main reason I've been working so hard to defend kotcs.

mr.kotcs said:
I feel like I'm the only one who is even the slightest bit upset that not only a few but the vast majority of people hate kotcs.As for People on the raven. I'm not mad at anyone, most of us like the movie. It's really fanboys I'm mad at. they started the hate.After hearing all the reaction from them now even some critics are rethinking if they actually like kotcs. They're jumping on the hatewagon." Nuking the Fridge", "Raping your Childhood", those things get my blood boiling, they're also the main reason I've been working so hard to defend kotcs.

Cool, for you, that answers the: "Why does it bother you so that someone expresses negatively on Crystal Skull?" question.

What about:

JP Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
Cool, for you, that answers the: "Why does it bother you so that someone expresses negatively on Crystal Skull?" question.

What about:

for every person who says they dislike it I sulk deeper and deeper. It's like a few people say it's bad and then everyone is like "yeah, your right" and it snowballs from there. I'm one of the few who say " hey, it's not bad at all it's actually extremely good" and of coarse that's followed by harsh remarcks. So to answer your question, I'm never going to agree with what the public thinks. I'll stand up for it if I'm the only one, but luckily I'm not.

Last edited by a moderator:
mr.kotcs said:
Rocket Surgeon said:
for every person who says they dislike it I sulk deeper and deeper. It's like a few people say it's bad and then everyone is like "yeah, your right" and it snowballs from there. I'm one of the few who say " hey, it's not bad at all it's actually extremely good" and of coarse that's followed by harsh remarcks. So to answer your question, I'm never going to agree with what the public thinks. I'll stand up for it if I'm the only one, but luckily I'm not.
Alright this is your answer to:
"How many people would have to be publicly disappointed or flat out hate Crystal Skull for you, (or anyone else) to conceede that there are problems with the film that interfere with enjoying it?"

Now:Is it worse to be on the fanboy "hatewagon" or the fanboy "lovewagon"?

JP Jones

Rocket Surgeon said:
JP Jones said:
Alright this is your answer to:
"How many people would have to be publicly disappointed or flat out hate Crystal Skull for you, (or anyone else) to conceede that there are problems with the film that interfere with enjoying it?"

Now:Is it worse to be on the fanboy "hatewagon" or the fanboy "lovewagon"?

1st question-It's hard to be on the lovewagon because there's no reasoning with people who hate it. They say it sucks and then you try to argue and 50 more of they're friends say "it sucks, the southpark episode is right, etc."
2nd question- If your talking about the movie, yes, but Raiders also can be improved. In Raider's case the action can be improved. In Skull's case the script. You happy?

mr.kotcs said:
Alright this is your answer to:"How many people would have to be publicly disappointed or flat out hate Crystal Skull for you, (or anyone else) to conceede that there are problems with the film that interfere with enjoying it?"Now:Is it worse to be on the fanboy "hatewagon" or the fanboy "lovewagon"?Is there NO room for improvement?
1st question-It's hard to be on the lovewagon because there's no reasoning with people who hate it. They say it sucks and then you try to argue and 50 more of they're friends say "it sucks, the southpark episode is right, etc."

2nd question- If your talking about the movie, yes, but Raiders also can be improved. In Raider's case the action can be improved. In Skull's case the script. You happy?

Thanks, I appreciate the answers...instead of pointing out how other films could be improved how do you think Crystal Skull's script could have been better?

mr.kotcs said:
no reasoning with people who hate it. They say it sucks and then you try to argue and 50 more of they're friends say "it sucks, the southpark episode is right, etc."

Lulz!

No reasoning?

Good god, man. Why do you have to reason? Does the fact that people like myself detest the movie deter you from liking it? Does it impede your ability to continue to like the film?

Your obsession with demanding that all others see your way while refusing to see the view of anyone else is as egotistical, fanatical and simple-minded as is humanely possible.

Get out more.

JP Jones

ResidentAlien said:
Lulz!

No reasoning?

Good god, man. Why do you have to reason? Does the fact that people like myself detest the movie deter you from liking it? Does it impede your ability to continue to like the film?

Your obsession with demanding that all others see your way while refusing to see the view of anyone else is as egotistical, fanatical and simple-minded as is humanely possible.

Get out more.
You think I don't listen to what others think? I've spent over a year listening to constant moaning and groaning from people like you. Yet no one has been listening to my view.

I appreciate the answers...instead of pointing out how other films could be improved how do you think Crystal Skull's script could have been better?