This ought to even up the odds...

Canyon

Fisk, my husband does have a Akubra, but it's in this colour.

<small>Some people will never learn...</small>:rolleyes:.

federation-carbongrey-large.jpg

Canyon

Renderking Fisk said:
How often does he wear it and is he as much of a fordaholic as you are?
He wears it now and again and in answer to your other question, Ford is not one of his favourite actors. He seems to get a kick out of making fun of Ford and his age etc, but I don't care... :D

In all seriousnes, despite the fact that he is not a big fan, he does respect Harrison as an actor and environmentalist. ;)

Randy_Flagg

Getting this back on topic....

Fisk asked what movies Ford has done recently to give us any faith in Indy 4. I'm curious to know the answer to this, as well.

Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoyed his turn as Han Solo and as Indy, and the Fugitive was great. But the sad fact is, the guy has had a string of less-than-stellar roles now. "Six Days Seven Nights"? "Hollywood Homicide"? "What Lies Beneath"? "K-19"? "Random Hearts"? Not to say all of these were terrible movies, but they weren't exactly major triumphs either. And while you could argue that it was the movies that were bad, not Harrison, I then have to wonder why he's taking these roles? Could it just be bad judgment?

Another sad commentary-- in a local newspaper, Harrison Ford was already listed in the "NOT" category on a "Who's Hot and Who's Not" list. According to them, he's coasting on past success, has had a few too many duds in a row, and is in danger of becoming another Kevin Costner.

Indy 4

Indy 4 is gonna b amazin!!! I have every faith in Harrison Ford! Cant wait, its so frustrating waitin 4 tiny bits of news!

Also, i notice that there has been alot of negative comments about Fords latest films, K-19 & Hollywood Homicide. I enjoyed them both & think they were brilliant. The reason they probly didnt do that gr8 was probly due 2 their poor marketing campaigns, or lack of them!

Indy

The new Indy DVD set is well timed & a prelude 2 the beginning of the Indy 4 publicity/marketing campaign. Cant wait 4 both!

p.s Is there any sexy female indy fans out there!?

English Language.

I would just like to say that I do have a GCSE & an A-level in English Language & English Literature. However, as an eighteen year old I have become one of those people who uses every possible form of abbreviation in e-mail's & text messages!

Therefore, I think your negativity towards my lexical choice is somewhat harsh!

Is your sexy wife as big an Indy fan as you? Sound's like the perfect woman! Only joking!

So, do you think Indy IV will be released in July 2005 or will there be further setbacks?

Final point. Did u not enjoy K-19 or Hollywood Homicide? Or indeed his other top films of the past decade such as; The Fugitive, Patriot Games, Clear & Present Danger, Air force 1 etc?

Randy_Flagg

Renderking Fisk said:
[BThen again? I?m biased, Ford can?t do no wrong. I actually LIKED Six Days. [/B]

WHOA! For a man who likes to rant on about someone else's English skills (or lack thereof), saying "Ford can't do no wrong" is, well, kind of amusing.

westford

Renderking Fisk said:
This IS an Intelegent forum? most of the time.
Intelli-what? ;)

And who's the "very attractive woman who's got a fetish for men who use correct spelling and punctuation"? It's Finn right? I knew it!!! :p ;)

Deficient?

I'm not deficient anywhere thankyou very much! As for the abbreviations they are merely a habbit, and frankly I do have more important things to do than post messages on your board! Work, sport, leisure etc!

Also, I'm not in the business of making up false qualifications! I don't need to prove anything to you.

Anyway forget that.

I dont think I could take another setback. It feels like I've been waiting an eternity to see this film!

What's your opinion on the role that Sean Connery will play in this film? Do you think it will be as prominent as Last Crusade?

Connery.

I agree with what you said about Henry Jones. I think it would be unrealistic for him to be tagging along for the whole adventure. I dont mind a small appearance at the beginning or towards the end but Jones junior should be the main attraction. The Raiders formula would be welcomed.

I know it's very premature but do u think it is possible that the trio might consider a fifth flick if Indy IV was a massive blockbuster hit? I doubt it mysely but just exploring possibilities.

Also, do u believe that it will indeed be a massive hit?

intergamer

Re: Deficient?

cant wait 4 indy 4! said:
As for the abbreviations they are merely a habbit
No, its habit. Habbits are the little guys in the Lord of the Rings.

Oh, and also:

Henry Jones Sr: Count to 10...in Symbol.
Symbol.GIF

Henry Jones Sr: A leap from the lion?s head should do it!

Last edited:

intergamer

Screw Ford, lets rename it "Henry Jones and the Bad Dentures".

Or better yet, "Sean Connery and his being too old".

It would all be a documentary about Sean Connery, and life as an old grandpa (Harrison aka Indy and his many children would pester Sean, for being too old).

And every character would be back in it, even the ones who died. It would be like a party. Except everyone is too old, so they can't do anything.

Indy IV

I want it to be a massive blockbuster hit just so all my stupid friends( well not all) can be proved wrong about their stupid 'Ford is too old comments!'

I agree a solid script is the basic foundation needed for a quality film. The amount of time its taken to get one together it better had be good!!

No CGI or matrix stlye fighting is required. The action scenes of the previous three films are realistic, exciting, & still stand up today. In my opinion Raiders' contains the greateat action scenes of all time!!!

Finn

Staff member
Re: Re: Deficient?

intergamer said:

*cough*...<i>h<b>o</b>bbit</i>...*cough*

westford said:
And who's the "very attractive woman who's got a fetish for men who use correct spelling and punctuation"? It's Finn right? I knew it!!! :p ;)

And tell me more about this one, or this topic finds itself locked sooner than you have the chance to say "attraction"! :p

Randy_Flagg

Renderking Fisk said:
Darker and rougher the better,

Only within reason, though. Dark is okay, but Indiana Jones films have always been light-hearted at their core. Even "Raiders Of The Lost Ark," which we seem to be using as a model for the ideal Indy film, has plenty of humorous moments. Yes, he was a dark, brooding figure during the opening sequence, but as soon as that boulder starts chasing him, he becomes human-- we see the fear in his eyes, and we know he's not a Clint Eastwood type. Then there's the exchange about Reggie the snake to help lighten the mood a little more ("Show a little backbone!"), and further making Indy seem real because of his fears. The rest of the movie was sprinkled with humorous lines and situatins that served to both lighten the mood and prevent Indy from becoming a superhero.

"Temple of Doom" was dark in some respects, with sacrificial altars and whatnot, but Short Round and Willy kept things light.

"Last Crusade" was arguably the lightest of the three films, and I don't think it suffered as a result. If anything, I think it's humor worked considerably better than TOD's (for me, Henry was better than Short Round and Willie combined.)

So anyway, getting back to the topic-- I think Indy 4 will do fine if it follows in the footsteps of the others. Dark moments, with enough humor to keep it entertaining.

Humour

Obviously not funny because of his age to me thats not really an issue. His character will be in his late 40s or 50s thats fine. I'm refering to the wisecracks, raiders sword scene etc. You've gotta love those bits! Harrison Ford has always had this unique charm which includes humour. This is evident in the three Indy films, as well as in recent films such as Hollywood Homicide. Although, I know alot of you didn't like that film I thought it was great, particularly the humourous moments & the fight scene at the end.

intergamer

Re: Re: Re: Deficient?

Finn said:
intergamer said:

*cough*...<i>h<b>o</b>bbit</i>...*cough*

*cough*...<i>sarcasm</i>...*cough*

lol Finn

<b>btw</b>, i'm 16 and i got an A+ in AP language. so ha...
I still don't normally use abbreviations though: i think they're pretty pointless myself.

fatima

Re: Indy IV

I want it to be a massive blockbuster hit just so all my stupid friends( well not all) can be proved wrong about their stupid 'Ford is too old comments!'

I agree a solid script is the basic foundation needed for a quality film. The amount of time its taken to get one together it better had be good!!

No CGI or matrix stlye fighting is required. The action scenes of the previous three films are realistic, exciting, & still stand up today. In my opinion Raiders' contains the greateat action scenes of all time!!!

RIGHT!!! why should we complicate this subject?? The quality of the scrip it's the basis for the success of a film, no discussion about it! and sure it helps when the actors do their best, but of course I know that is gonna happen!

- by can't wait 4 Indy 4 - I'm a female Indy fan! and proud of it! ;)